INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by i_write+Jan 15 2006, 09:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (i_write - Jan 15 2006, 09:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EnoEzaf@Jan 16 2006, 08:59 AM

how do you open a sharpie? i have an empty one here but cant open the damn thing...i assuime you just poull the colored part thats under the cap off but its not working...do you need like a magnum or chisel tip to do it? cause im using a fine point the classic one

where the nib is at the top of the marker, its a different color casing to the rest of the marker right ? well pull that thing off .. it should work on all sharpies

[/b]

Yo, you could just get yourself one of those smaller pilots. and you can re-use pilots forever...almost. Unscrews real easy. I dont know bout sharpies. I just glanced at one right now and couldnt pull the top off to save my friggin life. good luck with that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by EnoEzaf@Jan 15 2006, 09:32 PM

so what are some good bucketpaint colors to blend? would blending krink with leik a little bit of violet look good or just be a metallicish pastel purple?

Yea, whatever you mix with metallics will just look like .... metallic blue, metallic green, metallic etc, etc... for the most part. But thats cool though.

never used it, and i dont know anyone whos used it, me personally, i would never buy the inks 'made' for graff, apart from ORIGINAL SILVER krink , i wouldnt buy grog or black krink or aerosol art colors or OTR colors, because you can make that shit and it would be 10x better, and half the price

Tell me more about that Grog business... I might be ordering a bottle in the future if I hear enough good news.

Anyone know if theres any place that shit Corio worldwide now? I remember back in the day I couldn't find any sites...

corio.jpg

Just having a bottle of that in my hands would make me giggle like a kindergartener....

Originally posted by i_write+Jan 15 2006, 09:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (i_write - Jan 15 2006, 09:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Echo-location@Jan 16 2006, 07:47 AM

(Snipped)

Can anyone explain what might have caused this, or what I might be able to add to thicken the mix up a bit.

On the cheap I was thinking maybe a few spoons of corn syrup?

have u ever heard of when you make inks, you boil it ? but it makes it thicker and gives off a nasty smell ? i reckon that would be the easiest thing, chuck it in a pot and burn it till you like the consistency ..

[/b]

Thanks. I figured that would be my last resort, seeing as fucking up a good pot and stinking up the kitchen isn't preferable.

I think I might do a small side-batch to test mixing a bit of maple syrup or corn starch to thicken the ink.

i know this is my virgin post, and you can call my a toy if you want, but i got something i need to share with all of you.

my ink recipie~~~~

first, let me drop a little science on you. ever hear of copier toner? copier toner consists of two basic things. 1. pigment, (usually carbon black), and 2. a heat activated catalyst, (polymer or acrilic resin). how copiers work is the drum drops toner on the paper, and the fuser heats it up and melts the catalyst, bonding the ink to the paper. knowing this, i started on my recipie

first, you need toner. not just any toner. you need toner with a copolymer base, not acrylic resin. some konica toners have it, as well as xerox toners, i know this because they list their ingerdients on the box. now, this shit is expensive, and a high risk item to rack. hell, racking it from somewhere like an office is dangerous, much less a store. but if youre willing to take the risk, or just pay for it, its worth it.

seeing as how toner has copolymer in it, which is plastic, you need a solvent that melts plastic. XYLENE. the xylene dissolves the plastic when wet, apply the ink, let it dry, and the plastic hardens. BAM!. plastic bond. not even xylene will remove it after that. add some leather dye, some brake fluid, and whatever additives you like, and you got some crazy ink.

next, the marker. since xylene dissolves plastic, you need a metal marker. use what you want, but i recommend a marsh 99. almost 20 bucks, but a very damned good marker. the tip is kinda small, but it beats regular felt markers, as the marsh has a paint pump.

do it right, and this shit is super tough. add marsh or garvey for effect, and this shit dries like liquid stickers. now, this is my baby im giving to you all, so be nice.

peace!

Originally posted by marmls2m@Jan 17 2006, 01:47 PM

i know  this is my virgin post, and you can call my a toy if you want, but i got something i need to share with all of you.

my ink recipie~~~~

first, let me drop a little science on you.  ever hear of copier toner?  copier toner consists of two basic things.  1. pigment, (usually carbon black), and 2. a heat activated catalyst, (polymer or acrilic resin).  how copiers work is the drum drops toner on the paper, and the fuser heats it up and melts the catalyst, bonding the ink to the paper.  knowing this, i started on my recipie

first, you need toner.  not just any toner.  you need toner with a copolymer base, not acrylic resin.  some konica toners have it, as well as xerox toners, i know this because they list their ingerdients on the box.  now, this shit is expensive, and a high risk item to rack.  hell, racking it from somewhere like an office is dangerous, much less a store.  but if youre willing to take the risk, or just pay for it, its worth it.

seeing as how toner has copolymer in it, which is plastic, you need a solvent that melts plastic.  XYLENE.  the xylene dissolves the plastic when wet, apply the ink, let it dry, and the plastic hardens.  BAM!.  plastic bond.  not even xylene will remove it after that.  add some leather dye, some brake fluid, and whatever additives you like, and you got some crazy ink.

next, the marker.  since xylene dissolves plastic, you need a metal marker.  use what you want, but i recommend a marsh 99.  almost 20 bucks, but a very damned good marker.  the tip is kinda small, but it beats regular felt markers, as the marsh has a paint pump. 

do it right, and this shit is super tough.  add marsh or garvey for effect, and this shit dries like liquid stickers.  now, this is my baby im giving to you all, so be nice.

peace!

for your first post, that is some well thought up shit .. sounds like you took allot of effort into that recipe .. i actually might try it .

Question for chumba, Sparoism, or anyone with bucket paint experience. I recently scored a pail of General Paint Premium Alkyd

white oil based primer (its tinted puke green) Anyways, is this the same type of deal as with rusto bucket when it comes to proportion of thinner to paint?

well, you can use a pilot, a magnum, a marsh 88 emptied, a unitbroad emptied, really anything that can handle a volitle ink, rack the toner, (or buy a small xerox cartrigde for fax machines) the xylene, ink, additives you should already have. just one thing, DONT BOIL IT. the toner reacts to heat, itll harden on you, then its done. to thicken, add more toner.

also a cartridge of toner should make out about a gallon of ink.

think about that