INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GotPaint?+Mar 19 2006, 05:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GotPaint? - Mar 19 2006, 05:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by +1up@Mar 19 2006, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by MAR@Mar 19 2006, 03:53 PM

^no thinner.

So just straight paint right? Thanks a bunch.

so you just spray into a cup and throw it in a mop?

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-MAR@Mar 19 2006, 04:53 PM

Seriously guys If you have a question go to the first 5-10 pages almost all of your questions are answered there.

but yes with a marble. swirl the paint around to get rid of the aerosol so your mop doesnt explode.

basically with inks u wana try and keep it simple rather than adding every coloured liquid you find in your house. i have a simple mixture of grog and violet corio which is great

basically what u shud do is get an ink u like, do sumthin to it (be that add pp or mix with anotha ink, wateva) then apply the ink b4 and after moderation to a couple diff surfaces or something in your room. then after a couple of days, try to buff em (with nail varnish remover or whiteboard cleaner spray u can get from skl or sumthin). then see whether ur new ink is a better stain that what you had before, then u can steadily progress with your inks.

(try and use a couple different surfaces in your room or whereva to test the inks as some may stain metal but not plastic or whateva, also remember that some inks take a couple days to sink in and stain propa)

i havent ever properly boiled inks, i hav simmered them though, testing before and afterwards, it definitely seems to help the stain. when boiling inks, dont use a pan, because that will ruin it, just pour your shit into a washed out can of baked beans with the label pulled off and it'll do fine.

ive never tried it but it seems that brake fluid doesn't help inks as it is non corrosive, and only slightly alkaline. if anything it will dilute inks.

additives seem to work, but again i am only relying on feedback really, pp sounds like the main one, its a disenfectant and is oxidising. i dont reli know too much about the other ones, except if you buy meth blue from a pet shop in a diluted form, it really wont help your ink, so don't use it.

duno about garvey, but that sounds good, for me in the uk, corio and grog seem to be the best stuff. feibins pretty cool too.

sory if this is too long btw. :)

yo i boiled up some grog and corio in an empty can of beans and when i poured the ink back into the corio bottle, a few drips went down the side of the can and into the flames, whole fuckin can blew up in flames like woooosh and started burnin soo hard. i tried to blow it out but it didn't work, and i ended up havin to hold a lid from some metal box over the top of the can. i was so fuckin scared

dont let that happen to you.

:dazed:

Originally posted by ARCEL@Mar 20 2006, 09:15 PM

to be honest i think that guy's ink is a rip off, the stain it makes looks like gentian violet, you can make your own ink with that for less

yep...

all it is is Garvey xt-70 and Marsh T-grade black dye in a garvey bottle with a different label

Originally posted by icetray+Mar 21 2006, 03:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (icetray - Mar 21 2006, 03:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ARCEL@Mar 20 2006, 09:15 PM

to be honest i think that guy's ink is a rip off, the stain it makes looks like gentian violet, you can make your own ink with that for less

yep...

all it is is Garvey xt-70 and Marsh T-grade black dye in a garvey bottle with a different label

[/b]

yo i just made some of that garvey t grade ( didnt find it out from here, found it from this kid ) but it is so sick thats what every one need to be making! get that shit its awesome :king:

Originally posted by icetray+Mar 21 2006, 02:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (icetray - Mar 21 2006, 02:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ARCEL@Mar 20 2006, 09:15 PM

yep...

[/b]

I FIND IT REALY FUNNY THAT SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER SEEN OR USED MY INK CAN TELL OTHER PEOPLE THAT ITS MARSH AND GARVEY IF YOU ACTUALY DO THE MATH ON THE PRODUCTS THAT YOU THINK IM USING YOU WOULD SEE THAT IF I SOLD IT FOR $20 FOR 16OZ I WOULD MAKE A $4 PROFIT DOES THAT EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE WHAT SO EVER YOU ASSHOLE MAYBE YOU SHOULD SPEND $20 AND THEN START TALKIN SHIT THIS WILL BE MY LAST REPLY TO YOU MAN CAUSE YOUR REALY STUPID ANYBODY WHO ISNT A KNOW IT ALL ASS CAN EMAIL ME @ doemdirtyink119@yahoo.com and ill anser all questions and this ink does not leave purple stains the stains are blue red and black not purple!!!!!!!!!

IMAG0079.jpg

AND NO THESE ARE NOT GARVEY BOTTLES THESE BOTTLES HAVE FLIP SPOUT TOPS UNLIKE GARVEY OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER

SHAUNSTAIN2.jpg

SHAUNSTAIN.jpg

BUFFED AND PAINTED OVER!!!!!!!!!!! STILL STANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dothemdirty.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

[B]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

COP THAT!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Guest -MOE LESTER-

JUST A QUICK QUESTION

im tryin to thin some paint to throw in a mop, but i ran outta paint thinner.....ACETONE works fine right??? i cant remember

Guest -MOE LESTER-

brake fluid definately works. i remember i laced up a marker with plain griffin or feibings back in the day and rocked a buncha buses. the stain was pretty weak

a few weeks later i added brake fluid to the mix, the stains were so hard it looked like the buff didnt even touch the panels yet...ive had griffin/BF stain the outsides of buses too