INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Politics&Bullshit+Mar 7 2006, 07:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Politics&Bullshit - Mar 7 2006, 07:01 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-MAR@Mar 7 2006, 08:15 AM

Does anyone have a picture of krink separated? (after its sat untouched for a day or two)

Krink should NEVER sit untouched.

[/b]

get off krinks nuts

Ok guys quick question in the beginning of the

forum they talk about pearl ex (its this glitter powder)

and i was thinking about using it in my next marker

but does it work in markers or does it only work in

mops? and i was going to use it with black ink

and have red pearl ex i dont know if this will work

and i just dont want to try this and mess everything

up. just tell me if you know thanks

Originally posted by ImNOTguilty@Mar 5 2006, 09:02 AM

oh ya and how about the white pigmented Marsh. I wondering the difference between the pigmented and the dye style ink. I've used the regular dye style they have. Any free knowledge on that??

White pigmented marsh is the shit, and dye type sucks. you shouldn't even be messin with that. The white is pigmented and that's all you should be using anyways.

Originally posted by Dens One+Mar 9 2006, 07:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dens One - Mar 9 2006, 07:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ImNOTguilty@Mar 5 2006, 09:02 AM

oh ya and how about the white pigmented Marsh.  I wondering the difference between the pigmented and the dye style ink.  I've used the regular dye style they have. Any free knowledge on that??

White pigmented marsh is the shit, and dye type sucks. you shouldn't even be messin with that. The white is pigmented and that's all you should be using anyways.

[/b]

yo, wtf is the difference anyway. do you know?

Originally posted by GotPaint?@Mar 9 2006, 08:42 PM

i dont think i would work, but you should try it. you have nothing to loose but a few bucks.

Originally posted by MAR+Mar 10 2006, 03:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MAR - Mar 10 2006, 03:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GotPaint?@Mar 9 2006, 08:42 PM

i dont think i would work, but you should try it. you have nothing to loose but a few bucks.

[/b]

yeah, i doubt it would work too, seems like it could clog the mop

Originally posted by icetray+Mar 9 2006, 11:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (icetray - Mar 9 2006, 11:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Dens One@Mar 9 2006, 07:11 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-ImNOTguilty@Mar 5 2006, 09:02 AM

oh ya and how about the white pigmented Marsh.  I wondering the difference between the pigmented and the dye style ink.  I've used the regular dye style they have. Any free knowledge on that??

[/b]

Pigmented is like paint, but thin enough to use in a marker. Dye type is more liquidy like flowpen ink, and I think less permanent.

Originally posted by Dens One+Mar 15 2006, 08:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dens One - Mar 15 2006, 08:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by icetray@Mar 9 2006, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by Dens One@Mar 9 2006, 07:11 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-ImNOTguilty@Mar 5 2006, 09:02 AM

Pigmented is like paint, but thin enough to use in a marker. Dye type is more liquidy like flowpen ink, and I think less permanent.

[/b]

on the second page of this thread someone said that pigment was too thick but dye flowed better, drips more, and dries faster, and both as permanent.

I just mixed higgins permanent india ink (super cheap) with blue and red marsh dye ink that i painstakingly extracted from marsh pens. Its very dark, stains hard, and is super drippy. I bet you're asking the question why didnt you jsut go out and get regular marsh ink. I got everything for free so i decided to experiment. The now violet marsh ink adds extra staining power as well as helps to darken the india ink tremedously.

Originally posted by 8.5x11@Mar 16 2006, 12:00 AM

I just mixed higgins permanent india ink (super cheap) with blue and red marsh dye ink that i painstakingly extracted from marsh pens. Its very dark, stains hard, and is super drippy. I bet you're asking the question why didnt you jsut go out and get regular marsh ink. I got everything for free so i decided to experiment. The now violet marsh ink adds extra staining power as well as helps to darken the india ink tremedously.

awesome... i think violet.. is like... supernaturally THE color. maybe it has something to do with our vision sensors or what. that's how we see the stain or "ghost"

Originally posted by icetray+Mar 16 2006, 04:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (icetray - Mar 16 2006, 04:04 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-8.5x11@Mar 16 2006, 12:00 AM

awesome... i think violet.. is like... supernaturally THE color. maybe it has something to do with our vision sensors or what. that's how we see the stain or "ghost"

[/b]

DAMN SON {ICETRAY} YOUR A REAL KNOW IT ALL ASSHOLE ARENT YOU I WONDER IF YOU EVEN OR EVER ACTUALY BOMB WITH ALL THIS INK YOUR MIXING :rolleyes:

Originally posted by SHAUN RFC+Mar 16 2006, 09:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SHAUN RFC - Mar 16 2006, 09:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by icetray@Mar 16 2006, 04:04 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-8.5x11@Mar 16 2006, 12:00 AM

I just mixed higgins permanent india ink (super cheap) with blue and red marsh dye ink that i painstakingly extracted from marsh pens.  Its very dark, stains hard, and is super drippy.  I bet you're asking the question why didnt you jsut go out and get regular marsh ink.  I got everything for free so i decided to experiment.  The now violet marsh ink adds extra staining power as well as helps to darken the india ink tremedously.

DAMN SON {ICETRAY} YOUR A REAL KNOW IT ALL ASSHOLE ARENT YOU I WONDER IF YOU EVEN OR EVER ACTUALY BOMB WITH ALL THIS INK YOUR MIXING :rolleyes:

[/b]

:haha:

what ink am I mixing? 8.5x11 was the one mixing.

read before you write, SON.

Originally posted by 8.5x11@Mar 16 2006, 09:27 PM

damn icetray, thats the gayest shit ive ever heard. the violet helps to stain cause its marsh and not crappy regular india ink, think before you speak and try and sound all smart and sarcastic.

think before YOU speak.

I wasn't trying to sound all smart and sarcastic. I was simply stating my theory. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by icetray@Mar 17 2006, 05:23 PM

think before YOU speak.

I got no beef with you but I've read some of your posts and i think you should follow your own advice.

Mark Twain once wrote, "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."