INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

thats pretty much the nature of bucket paint, it floats on top of a surface while ink (e.g. dye type inks) seep down into the surfaces pores and are much harder to remove.

if you're using latex, that could be your problem right there. if so, switch to oil.

i wonder if turpentine or lacquer thinner work better than old mineral spirits for thinning the paint.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by alphredrock

how fast does that shit come omen? oh yeah, and you never answered my question about garvey staining panels.. thanks bro. keep it real :D

It comes in 2 to 3 days from UPS. You have to spend a minimum of 25 bucks at garvey and pretend it is being sent to a company...so make up a company name when you order it.

I suggest you get two pints, that way you reach the 25 buck minimum ....it is a good deal. Because a pint of violet is about 15 bucks making it a better buy then those bullshit inks...it cost like 12 bucks for nero and that is not even 8 ounces...Plus, garvey is way better than OTR hard to buff and marsh. So, not only is it cheaper than those fake inks they have on graff sites, it is the best ink ever made and 2 pints will last a very very long time.

I have an account with the garvey corp.

by the way, I did answer your question about it staining the bus panals....scroll up on this page...I will post what I wrote above on this post.

You will never be able to buff violet garvey off those plastic panals on the buses....it seeps in and leaves serious ghosting stains...once they try to remove your first garvey tag....they don't even bother with the rest...the shit just does not come off that type of plastic...you can bank on it.

in regards to alphredrock's question about muni panels and garvey: stains the FUCK outta them. leaves a way more colorful and visible ghost than anyother ink ive come across. omen...in SF they never give up on trying to buff them panels. its really just an excercise in futility on the MTAs part.

oh and alphredrock...way to be a man and squash stupid internet beef. seriously. props. :lick:

OMEN TWO - I was telling the guy I get my Garvey from about you and how your an oldschool writer to see if he knew you. He was really psyched out and wanted me to ask you a few things. Were you down with the WOW crew, and were you an old friend of Sago? Also if you used to live in the Marlboro Projects? He says he hasn't heard from you in years since you moved to Queens. He just wanted me to ask you this to see if you were the same writer I was talking about. He says he's Joey that drove the Chase Tow Trucks with Chris Red.

This is a quote from the email -

'IT MIGHT BE AN OLD FRIEND OF MINE, RAZ ONE RTWOW TVS TD TOP. IF YOU SEE HIM PLEASE ASK HIM THAT I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO HIM BECAUSE I HAVE'NT SEEN HIM IN YEARS WHEN HE MOVED TO QUEENS.'

Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by macksimum

in regards to alphredrock's question about muni panels and garvey: stains the FUCK outta them. leaves a way more colorful and visible ghost than anyother ink ive come across. omen...in SF they never give up on trying to buff them panels. its really just an excercise in futility on the MTAs part.

yea all muni panels no matter what ink you use will be buffed after 4 or 5 tries...almost all the candy ink panels and shit from like 99 are all buffed and clean

THE EASIEST WAY TO SOFTEN ULTRA AND MINI WIDE NIBS

just take it out....and bend it for a few minutes back and forth, at every angle...its jsut like working your baseball glove....dont need needles or boiling water.....just bend it alot at every possible angle and direction

http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v18/rubbishheap/window003.jpg'>

a flick of my window painter. eh, i don't like that marker anymore, the drips are too hard to control.

http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v18/rubbishheap/bingo.jpg'>

the bingo marker. a trade off; holds more ink, easier to control the drips and easier to clean, but nib is not as good.

http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v18/rubbishheap/bingo2.jpg'>

close up of the nib. blurry picture because my camera is cheap.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

OMEN TWO - I was telling the guy I get my Garvey from about you and how your an oldschool writer to see if he knew you. He was really psyched out and wanted me to ask you a few things. Were you down with the WOW crew, and were you an old friend of Sago? Also if you used to live in the Marlboro Projects? He says he hasn't heard from you in years since you moved to Queens. He just wanted me to ask you this to see if you were the same writer I was talking about. He says he's Joey that drove the Chase Tow Trucks with Chris Red.

This is a quote from the email -

'IT MIGHT BE AN OLD FRIEND OF MINE, RAZ ONE RTWOW TVS TD TOP. IF YOU SEE HIM PLEASE ASK HIM THAT I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO HIM BECAUSE I HAVE'NT SEEN HIM IN YEARS WHEN HE MOVED TO QUEENS.'

yes, I went to queens awhile back (that's when I hooked up with MIN ONE, I know SAGO.) and then came back to manhattan.

Send me his email address via pm, and I will hit him up.

I met so many writers in the last 25 years that I would have to talk to him to see if I know him. But, he has my story down and knows my crews. So, I must have know him from back in the days.

Originally posted by CrazyLazy

I had one of those window painter things once. It leaked like crazy.

the funny thing is, i've had kiwis leak on me, and even emptied out zig's refilled with other inks (which is basically the same thing as an OTR), but both of these mops (the window mop and the bingo one) have never been leaky in any way. I could hold the mop upside down with the nib next to be shoes and squeeze it and it still wouldn't leak. :crazy:

Originally posted by rubbish heap

the funny thing is, i've had kiwis leak on me, and even emptied out zig's refilled with other inks (which is basically the same thing as an OTR)... :crazy:

you've had zigs leak on you? what kind of ink did you load your zig with when it leaked?

i assume you mean it leaked through the nib... how bad was it?

has it happened more than once or do you think it was just busted up marker?

THE INK RECIPE SUPER THREAD

Originally posted by rinse

you've had zigs leak on you? what kind of ink did you load your zig with when it leaked?

i assume you mean it leaked through the nib... how bad was it?

has it happened more than once or do you think it was just busted up marker?

Yeah. It was awhile ago when I wasn't as keen on inks, I loaded Griffin into it. I thought I had it all figured out when I put electric tape on the part where you unscrew it, and a couple layers at that. But I guess the Zig was leaking out of the nib - I used it for a solid night and gave it to a friend because I really wasn't into having a marker that I was afraid to put in my pocket (and get black spots everywhere). It could have just been a busted up marker, but after that I've been sticking to refilling Pilots with different inks because they're easier to refill, have better nibs (in my opinion) and you can get them super juiced...

Originally posted by ODS-1

Do window painters come with their own nibs, if so, are they any good.

can you use the eraser nib with window painters? can you fill them with krink?

Yes they come with their own nibs, and the nibs are fine (but will eventually rip off). There are better things to use an eraser nib on. I tried filling my window painter with homemade krink and it didn't work out too well, didn't really flow too great at all. A face painter would probably be a better choice because it's easier to squeeze. By the way, the nib on my Bingo Dabber tore off... blargh. I think I'm going to try making a mop with an eraser nib next time.

b0b, where are you when the thread needs cleaning up...

i asked the mods for the permission to edit / delete posts in this thread in order to clean it up.

smart's response... "we'll see, could be...".

seeking's, on the other hand - "no, you wont have that power... sorry. but if you ask nicely, one of the mods just might go in and clean it up for you."