INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by rustothug2

look at that color watchu know about that

nice color. are they both the same batch of ink? the first one looks metalic.

keep working on those letters.

a great ink can grab attention but after that its up to your handstyles to impress. its the old one two combination.

Re: Woop Woop

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Look what I got in the mail today, biotch.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd03b3127ccebaad1acd00ae0000001010'>

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dd03b3127ccebaad1acc819f0000001010'>

Do I just yank the nib off and pour my ink right in there?

Sorry about the sizes. Incase you can't see them its 6 mini wides.

weeeeerd. nice find, six of the oldschool mini's.

yup just pour the ink right on in. just go slow cause they're easy to over fill.

hey chumba, can you check the sticker for the name and the location of the place that used to distribute them. the sticker on mine is all faded and half saturated with ink and i cant remember the name. i used to have a bottle of ink from the same place but that was gone along time ago. i guess i'm just wondering for nostalgia.

few question s

1)what is Methylene Blue Powder? and what does it?

2) can i put normal thick wall rolley paint in a normal posca (see link at the bottom) or wont it go through the nib unless its pretty thinned out? i used water down water-based wall paint but it doesnt work very well. it could be that its too watery?

3)can i put ink in these? or only if i havent flowed paint through the nib yet?

thanks

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...-8%26safe%3Doff

I just picked up a Royal Bingo Marker at the dollar store. The nib is just like the one on the window painter I have, except it looks a little tougher. It's also a little easier to squeeze and holds about 4oz of ink. I'd say that window chalkers / face paint markers / bingo markers beat the Kiwi shit any day. I just haven't been able to get bucket paint to flow through one of my window chalkers but oh well.

Originally posted by completionz

OMEN TWO- You mentioned hydro acid in an earlier post. What is it , & what does it do?

IT IS SHORT FOR HYDROCHLORIC ACID.

IT IS USED FOR THINGS LIKE SCRIMSHAW AND OTHER TYPE PROJECTS.

BUT, PLEASE DON'T TRY TO USE IT. IT CAN BLIND YOU AND IT IS REALLY NOT WORTH IT. YOU HAVE TO USE IT IN A GLASS CONTAINER OR A METAL CONTAINER AND YOU WOULD WANT TO USE IT THE SAME DAY YOU FILL YOUR TAGGING DEVICE. OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT HAVE A TAGGING DEVICE THE NEXT DAY. IT WILL BE MELTED. YOU ALSO WANT TO WEAR GOGGLES WHEN USING IT.

PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THIS TYPE OF STUFF ON THIS FORUM AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT. IT IS POINTLESS.

IT ALSO FUCKS UP YOUR THE WAY YOUR INK LOOKS...IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT INK.:confused:

I am dissapointed with these markers. Some nibs are flat like they should be and some are rounded where I don't get the full size mark of the nib.

HMMMM.

JUST WONDERING...DID YOU GET THEM FROM ART PRIMO?

ARE THE NIBS WHITE OR ARE THEY CREAM COLOR?

I HAD THEM PULL OUT 20 OF THE ORIGINAL NIBS FROM THE MINIS AND SELL THEM TO ME AND THEY COULD HAVE PUT THE NEW TYPE NIBS AND THEY HAVE BEEN SELLING THEM WITH THE NEW TYPE WHITE STIFF NIBS.

IN ANY EVENT YOU CAN FIX THEM...IF NOT...TRY TO ORDER NEW NIBS. BECAUSE THOSE MINIS ARE ABOUT 15 TO 20 YEARS OLD AND COULD HAVE GOT DAMAGED THROUGH OUT THE YEARS OF BEING HANDLED.

AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A FEW MINIS. THE MAIN THING IS HAVING PLENTY OF NIBS...GOOD NIBS.

SO, THE MAIN THING IS YOU GOT THE MINIS. WHEN YOU REFILL THEM...YOU DO NOT NEED TO PULL THE NIB OUT...TAKE AN INK INJECTION NEEDLE AND SLOWLY STICK THE NEEDLE TILL IT GOES PAST THE NIB AND SLOWLY INJECT YOU INK TILL YOUR NIB IS FLOODED AND JUICY.

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

IT IS SHORT FOR HYDROCHLORIC ACID.

IT IS USED FOR THINGS LIKE SCRIMSHAW AND OTHER TYPE PROJECTS.

BUT, PLEASE DON'T TRY TO USE IT. IT CAN BLIND YOU AND IT IS REALLY NOT WORTH IT. YOU HAVE TO USE IT IN A GLASS CONTAINER OR A METAL CONTAINER AND YOU WOULD WANT TO USE IT THE SAME DAY YOU FILL YOUR TAGGING DEVICE. OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT HAVE A TAGGING DEVICE THE NEXT DAY. IT WILL BE MELTED. YOU ALSO WANT TO WEAR GOGGLES WHEN USING IT.

PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THIS TYPE OF STUFF ON THIS FORUM AND I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT. IT IS POINTLESS.

IT ALSO FUCKS UP YOUR THE WAY YOUR INK LOOKS...IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT INK.:confused:

I'm not gonna use it, i am just curious. What does it do just burn through shit? I just wanna know what you would use it on?

They are white, and hard as a rock. Are the nibs just as rare as the markers themselves now? I already ruined one nib..

OK,

Now, I know what the problem is...they sold you minis but they do not have their original nibs in them. The original nibs are very soft and they are cream color. They do not make the original nibs anymore. Being I spent so much money at art primo and I am talk to them in person on the phone....I asked them to yank out 20 original nibs and sell them to me.

They sell the new nibs for a buck fifty each...they just don't have them on their web page.

So, when they yanked the 20...they replaced the minis with the new stiff ones and they are selling them that way.

Now, those stiff nibs are very good...you just have to know how to make them soft.

What you do, is keep the nib in your mini and start stabbing the top part with a very sturdy needle, keep stabbing the top till it starts to soften...It will get softer and softer as you stab it hundreds of times...you don't need to stab it anywhere else but the top. As it gets soft the needle will go down further and further and your nib will be just like an old skool nib.

In fact, I realized that the newer nibs are kind of better...you just have to stab the top of it till it gets to where it is flexible. You will know once it is flexible...It will work like a champ. But, you have to do what I said.

I softened a new type nib and it is my favorite mini...I have one with black marsh dye type and one with violet garvey and they write very well...they flow and are juicy....you just have to do as I said.

As far as the nibs go...the old skool ones are rare....But, you can get the new type ones at 4 the hard way and urban designz and art primo...you just have to write art primo and tell them you need nibs...they still make the new type ones...they work good once you break them in right.

If you do not have a hypodermic needle, then you might want to hold the needle with a pair of pliers or vice grips. Because, at first the needle will be hard to stab with and you really can't get a good grip on it with your bare fingers...I use a hypodermic needle...the hypo is like a handle for the needle.... so, I just poked away at the nib till it was soft.

i'm sure stabbing the nib with a hypodermic needle works, but the way i've learned to soften up a ultra wide tip is a little different. 1) Boil some water and put the nib in a bowl along with the water.

2) let it sit for 10 minutes. Repeat this about 3 or 4 time emptying and refilling the bowl with boiling water.

3) When you refill take the nib out and just bend it bake and forth for a minute or so. After your done, wait a day for the nib to dry up before you fill that shit up. I wouldn't reccomend stabbing your nib with a hypodermic needle though. Youre just gonna put holes in it and most likely fuck it up. hella! :dazed: