INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
It sounds like your eraser is too narrow for your container. To keep the nib from going in on erasers that are too narrow for your container. take a nail and put in the crease where the fold is and cut the nail so it is just long enough to go across the containers opening...this will stop the nib from going in your container....if you have wide strips...all you do is fold them, stick it down in the opening, and flatten the tip by pushing it down so it over laps the opening of your container. Then there is another way....once you fold the eraser strip...take another strip and put it in between the fold, hold it all together and slide it in your container...this will make the nib more like a plug so it is in there firmly.

To refill them, take the nozzle of your ink and stick it in between the eraser nib and the container and slowly juice up your mop till it is flooded.

if there is any way tyou can explain that with pictures, please do.... you left me staring at the computer in utter confusion.....:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Haha yep, what are you planning on adding it to?

i'll probably add a little bit to a non-staining ink like pilot and do a buff test. if it leaves a nice smear or stain than i'm putting it in some garvey.. :crazy:

Originally posted by sadam

well something has gone wrong with my ink, i tell you the mix

pilot ink

break fluid

rain-ex

leather dye

2 drops of nail polish remover

i am not sure why, but it seems so bubble kinda when i write on things, like after i write on things i see it bubble a bit

do you know why and how i could stop this from happening?

it's probably bubbling because you mixed oil with water / alcohol. i'd suggest ditching the nail polish remover and rain ex, using fiebing's as your leather dye, and mix it with the pilot ink and a little brake fluid.

or you could take omen's suggestion and buy straight garvey :crazy: either way you should be satisfied with the result.

hey earo...did u find a price for that jap ink? i like the bottles that they come in and new ink is always worth a try

nope... that registration thing was too complicated after you fill in that application (it was in japanese) i couldnt understand a word of it... they have a phone number though...ADD: GuanCheng Town, Cixi City,zhejiang,China.

TEL: 86-0574-63620528

FAX: 86-0574-63620918

P.C.: 315315

E-mail: changjiang@cnchangjiang.com

http: //www.cnchangjiang.com

the only problem is... if you call theyre gonna be talkin japanese and theres gonna be long distance charges. if some one wants to call and see... be my guest.... but thats where i draw the line. :(

cease the retardation. it's chinese, you braindead mongrels.

and yeah, some of you people are wasting your inks by putting all of this shit into it. you want it to stain, but your handstyles are probably terrible.

about the eraser nib stuff, it's not that hard.

folded nib - "["

other eraser strip - "-"

add them together = "E"

do you get it now, or should one of us just do it for you? if all else fails, copy the description by hand onto a piece of paper, maybe that will trigger your last firing synapse.

magnums are the best thing a new writer can use.

if you're a new writer, don't utilize drips.

Guest imported_sofarok
Originally posted by earo 35

has anyone ever used this ink???

http://www.cnchangjiang.com/index-p1.htm

you should also check out the marker section, it looks like they are good markers, the best part is that all that shit is made by those japs, they make good shit!!!!

Its Chinese not Japanese and to be honest it looks like shit, seeing as half there products are rip-offs of other companies pens, particularly feeling the fake pilots…

Its Chinese not Japanese and to be honest it looks like shit, seeing as half there products are rip-offs of other companies pens, particularly feeling the fake pilots…

i cant tell the difference between the 2.... im spanish... i dont know any of that shit.

Originally posted by earo 35

nope... that registration thing was too complicated after you fill in that application (it was in japanese) i couldnt understand a word of it... they have a phone number though...ADD: GuanCheng Town, Cixi City,zhejiang,China.

TEL: 86-0574-63620528

FAX: 86-0574-63620918

P.C.: 315315

E-mail: changjiang@cnchangjiang.com

http: //www.cnchangjiang.com

the only problem is... if you call theyre gonna be talkin japanese and theres gonna be long distance charges. if some one wants to call and see... be my guest.... but thats where i draw the line. :(

china's natives speak japanese?!:o

INK LAB 101:

anyone know what chemically occurs when mixing an alcohol and a zylene based ink together.

i found an almost empty bottle of each at the back of my ink shelf. niether one contains enough to fill a marker so i thought i might just mix them and put them over heat to make space + one is pinkish red and the other is electric blue... i would love to see what shade of purple comes out.

would i just be wasting time and ink trying to mix? i've never mixed bases before. is it like oil and water?

i have had nothing wrong with pottasium permagranate..its touched my skin before and nothing has happened...the only thing it does to the pen is make it warm for a couple of minutes....while im posting i have a question to ask..i found THIS in my garage..its pretty thick so i was thinking of adding some paint thinner to it (obviously)..but i wondered if it would be worth it..has anyone used this before??

thanks