INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

YOU BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH HOMES...LOL:lol: (edit)

But, you can refill pentels...just do what I said above.

I personally would not waste my time...because you can get those pentels for $2.99 at rite aid....or you can get them for free by taking the marker out of the package (incase it has an alarm sensor and walk right out the store with a few)

Just play it off. Get a pack of gum or a candy bar at the counter. That way they won't think you racked anything. Thats what I used to do and it always worked...I am not just talking about markers, I am talking about anything you want from the store.

By the way, another good way to refill a pentel or any other valve type marker is take the nib out and use a mini funnle. Minni funnles are small enough to fit in the hole where the nib goes and you hold the funnle down and it will press the valve down, making it very easy to refill...no fuss no mess.

I even use funnles on OTR type markers. That way I don't have to take it apart. I just take the nib out and use the funnle to press down on the valve and I fill it up that way. I feel taking apart an OTR is a little messier than simply using a funnle. Being the markers are clear, you know when they are full.

Must be a wonderful place where they sell pentel shorties at the rite aid down the street. I'd like not to waste my pentel tube.

With the new nib I added,the old uni paint nib, it keeps the valve pressed down, but for some reason it won't leak. I like that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

City wide sucks ass...you only get half a pint for $10.50.

You should just get a pint of black marsh (dye type). Because marsh is twice as good, you get twice as much and it is only 5 bucks more...urban designz has it.

Garvey makes a good black dye type ink, and you get a whole pint for about 15 bucks.

Talk about ghosting...forget about it...it does not get much better than Garvey.

I have red Garvey too...It is like a blood red and it really stains and flows like water in my mop with drips that go all the way down to the floor.

I also use blue garvey...the only garvey I don't have or ever used is the green. But, I am sure it is the best green you will ever find...in regard to dye type ink.

Paint type ink is so much easier to buff then dye type ink.

Especially if you use it on painted surfaces. Paint and paint type ink is too thick to seep in and stain...Dye ink is just what it is...dye!

Yeah, I didn't think it was too good. I already have Marsh Dye Type Ink and I love it, but I just wanted to City Wide Paint Type Ink in white to mix with inks to get nice colors because it was cheaper then Marsh but I guess I'll just spend the extra cash since its a better ink anyway.

Could someone reccomend me an ink, homemade recipe or brand, for a pilot that will give me good results? I've been thinking of buying some nero from bombingscience but I'm no expert so i was wondering if I could get some input on this. thanks.

Originally posted by GAZT

Could someone reccomend me an ink, homemade recipe or brand, for a pilot that will give me good results? I've been thinking of buying some nero from bombingscience but I'm no expert so i was wondering if I could get some input on this. thanks.

You should skim this thread to get ideas on what inks to make and buy.

But, being you don't know that much...then I will give you some sound advice...Nero is over-rated and over priced.

You are better off to spend 5 bucks more on a can of black Marsh...you get twice as much, the ink is just as good...if not better for your needs, and it is only 5 bucks more, for twice as much.

Also bombing science is out of stock on Nero.

So, get the Marsh at the site I posted below...you can't go wrong with it.

Being you are new at this...you really don't need to start mixing up ink or getting heavy duty ink like Garvey.

Just get the Marsh and practice your style and get up...

CLICK HER FOR MARSH

Fill that shit with some violet garvey.. seriously thats where its at. I juiced an old pilot with it and it was amazing. It wrote black and stained purple. Don't waste your money on some crazy imported inks. just go with some garvey..

Yeah it doesn't matter in Louisville. All they know how to do is paint over tags. I've had the little hello my name is stickers painted over.

I've seen them go to a white wall that had been bombed, and spraypaint all over it with black paint, not even over the entire wall.

So it doesn't matter here.

And guess what? THE BUFFERS HERE DON'T WEAR SHOES! THE MYTHS ARE TRUE!:lol:

I've seen them go to a white wall that had been bombed, and spraypaint all over it with black paint, not even over the entire wall.

Something similar to that goes down here, as well. Whenever people do handstyles and throwup outlines they take bucket paint and go over only the outline and tag instead of the whole thing so you can still easily tell who wrote on there because they made it even bolder and more visible.. basically just changing the color. Dumbasses..

for things that will just get painted over, how permanent it is doesn't matter at all. What i'm saying is, I would spend a lot of money on a pint of marsh, I'f theyre just going to paint over your tags anyways. I wouldn't just get some white griffin and put a little ink in until you reach your desired color. And while white griffin isn't the best possible ink you could get, it's easy to rack and available at every walgreens and probably a bunch of other places. White marsh sounds nice, and If you have money to burn you might as well, but i'm just trying to say that white griffin is a good and easily accessible alternative.

Nero stains but apparently isn't that opaque.

Marsh is opaque and black as hell, flows very smoothly but it doesn't stain. It's still good ink though.

Garvey is awesome. It flows perfectly and stains hard as fuck. My only problem with it is the opaqueness.

If you can't get anything else, get Pilot Ink or Griffin. Both are easy to find. You could even mix the two. Pilot flows well and is opaque. Griffin is a flat black, has a different flow to it, stains fine but it spreads out. It looks kind of ugly, but if you mix the two inks you can compromise.

If you live in Europe, there's Corio...

so pushed my pilot through some wet paint marker ink during a tag. now that pilot is streaky but its still has a full tank of ink. turns out some of the paint-ink absorbed into my pilot nib and is jacking up my lines. any tips on how to clean up an save the nib?

Get whatever ink you had in it, fill it up until its a little bit over the felt and then screw the top back on. Hold it upside down over your ink container while the ink drips off of the nib from inside the marker. This will totally saturate the nib and probably rid it of that shitty paint marker shmog.

Once i rocked an ultra tag on the side of a dusty bus and the dust got into the nib and seriously fucked it up. There wasn't really anything i could do. The good thing is that the other side of the nib worked, so i just put a sticker on the good side and it still works. The moral is that you cant really do shit. maybe your nib will turn out better than mine. :o :o

I have been having a problem with my black marsh....it works well in my miniwides and it is great in mops.

But, it is not working very well in my otr type flow pen...I bought an empty OTR type flow pen and filled it with black marsh and it worked ok on the first few tags, then the nib started to get gunked up like tar...So, I replaced the nib and it is doing the same thing...the marsh gets all gummy and it is like tar in the nib...even if I press down on it to get the nib juicy...the nib is still tar like and it hardly writes...I don't think masrh is a good match for the OTR type nibs.

But, it works great on any other nib or marker...just not the OTR types.

Has this happened to you...I'm sure it has.:mad:

I have been having a problem with my black marsh....it works well in my miniwides and it is great in mops.

But, it is not working very well in my otr type flow pen...I bought an empty OTR type flow pen and filled it with black marsh and it worked ok on the first few tags, then the nib started to get gunked up like tar...So, I replaced the nib and it is doing the same thing...the marsh gets all gummy and it is like tar in the nib...even if I press down on it to get the nib juicy...the nib is still tar like and it hardly writes...I don't think masrh is a good match for the OTR type nibs.

But, it works great on any other nib or marker...just not the OTR types.

Has this happened to you...I'm sure it has.:mad:

That happened to the griffin in my otr. As far as I know you can scrape it out with yur finger. But it stinks.

And to whoever was talking about griffin: Would white griffin work in my pentel shorty?

Guest sneak
Originally posted by rubbish heap

If you live in Europe, there's Corio...

violet corio = beautifull.

in my recent experiences, dont spill corio on your hands when do anything or it wont leave for a long time. on monday, my palm got splattered. 3 showers + countless washes later its still strong as ever. same goes for the stains on my crisp, new, white trainers :(

would the soaking a nib in a shot of ink over night atually work to clear it of any previous ink/paint used in it? replacement nibs always seems to be a problem for me. tried the eraser thing but o no avail so a way to cleen nibs would be safe.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Omen- by you saying "OTR Type" marker.. might you be talking about the empty bombing markers on Urbandesignz? I got 3 of those and filled one up with Marsh dye type ink and its still working fine.. I've had for a few weeks now.

My mini with the same black marsh from the same can is working fine.

But, the bombing marker is all gummy...maybe because I don't use my bombing marker that much and the cap is not air tight. But, it should not get all gummy and tared up...I even put in a fresh nib and a week later it happened again...it is all gummed up....So, what the fuck!

Also, OTR & BOMBING markers are made from the same company...they just stamp different names on them...Other than that they are identical.

On an another note...white griffin is garbage...it is white chalky shoe polish. So, it will really fuck up anything you put it in...just keep it in the shoe polish applicator to write with...because it is far from ink.

would the soaking a nib in a shot of ink over night atually work to clear it of any previous ink/paint used in it? replacement nibs always seems to be a problem for me. tried the eraser thing but o no avail so a way to cleen nibs would be safe.

Soak the nib in paint thinner...ink won't do much to fix your problem.

Put the nib n a can or jar filled with a small amount laquer thinner. Mix it around until the thinner is murky. Throw out the dirty thiner and repeat process until it gets clearer.Try squeezing the nib to push the ink out of it while in the thiner NOTE: Some nibs deteriorate when put in laquer thin. i use this method on my OTR. nibz when switching from ink to paint :lick: