INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by dlokddlokd

yeah....so...back to my question.....where do you get garvey ink frum besides tha interent?

OK, I will try to explain this to you again. It is very hard to get Garvey outside the Internet. Because, Garvey Ink is an industrial stamping ink that is made for commercial purposes like supermarkets.

It is pretty powerful stuff. So, they really don't sell it to the average consumer as an art supply. It clearly says "Price Marking Ink." On the bottle.

The company that owns Garvey is Cosco.

Now, when I started to get Garvey from the Garvey site on the net, they asked for my companies name. So, I made up a company.

Then I started to order it by the case via telephone. I have an account with them. I am heavily stocked with a couple 16oz cases...each case has 12 bottles.

I have more violet than any other color. But, I did get a case of blue. Because the blue is just as strong.

I also have a few bottles of black and red. I have not got any green. But, I am sure it is more powerful than any other green made.

So, if you want Garvey off the net...you will find it almost impossible.

You can get their phone number and order it by phone. But, you need a major credit card. That is the biggest problem, a lot of young writers have nowadays. They do not have credit cards yet.

So, you can call them or print out an order sheet and ask them what the total is and get a money order and send it along with your order form. Once they get the money...they will send it UPS.

You have to spend a minimum of $25 bucks. But, it is worth it. Just get 2 16 oz bottles.

Or ask your mom or whoever has a credit card and ask them to get it for you and give them the cash.

You might be able to get it from a supermarket from someone that works there. But, it is hard because Garvey is not that cheap and they keep it locked up.

Whenever I got a bottle from the market. It was always opened or like half used. I was never able to rack a full bottle and they only had 8oz bottles at the markets.

So, I don't know what to tell you brother.

Search the net for the XT-70 Garvey and see what you come up with.

You will not be able to get it at any local stores...I know it sucks. But, the ink is made for industrial purposes.

I know how it is not to have much money when your young and you want to tag. It sucks. When I was a youngster. They did not have the net. But, they did have a graff store that sold every flavor ink made and every marker made. You name it they had it. But, I would have to save to get a pint of marsh. Back then, I think a pint of marsh or Flomaster was like $7.99 each. That was alot of money back then to us.

Now, I have a good job and make good money. I have a little hobby with the ink and stuff. I just wish I had all of this ink 25 years ago. But, I did what I had to do to get mine back in the days.

So, I respect the fact that some of you have a hard time getting what you want...it sucks.

I have been there before and I was not happy at times.

But, if there is a will there is a way.

For the dudes that order Garvey from the Garvey site...make sure you tell them your (fake) companies name. Because, they might stop selling single bottles if they get hip it is being used for vandalism.

I spent alot of money on Garvey and I'm set. But, I would hate to think they stopped selling single bottles to you guys

They don't sell single bottles of some colors. You have to get it by the case:(

GARVEY INK

Originally posted by ARCEL

there's a grafiti site that sells it, urbandesignz i think

I'm sad to say that Urban Designz does not have it in stock anymore. In fact, they have not had it in stock for about a year. I don't think they are getting anymore in ever.

They just have a picture of it in 8oz containers. One black and one violet.

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

At least on this forum, there is respect and decency. I notice they

Umm, Is your monitor working?

I don't know, that other forum must have been pretty bad then.

How quick do mini flow pens run out. I'm sure quick, would they last like 6 or seven tags in a night?

I never really counted how many tags I get from a mini flow pen.

But, I have always been satisfied with them....if I am not going on a bombing mission...I always carry a mini flowpen. I never ran out and when I noticed I was runny low on ink...it would take me 30 seconds to refill it full...Ready to hit up more tags. I have not had to fill it in 2 weeks and I can't count how many tags I made with it.

I have the marsh 99 all metal flow pen...it is a really nice pen. It is not super fat...but it is great for small tags and stickers and of course it has garvey in it.

Check it out.

It cost 15 bucks but this bad boy will last forever.

MARSH 99 FLOWPEN...CLICK HERE

The other forum was like a kindergarten of toys, brats, liars, assholes, and it had no supervision what so ever.

Lets say a person made a good post.

Then you would get a reply from an 11 year old saying "you are gay."

For no reason at all.

How can anyone post on a forum like that?

So, I gave up and came here

Hey Omen, I'm under 18. I don't think I'll be able to attend that graff gathering, correct?

there are gatherings for writers? whoA..do you guys jump around a fire and throw garvey ink in it? thats sick hommies

The least expensive place to buy Mini's off the net is

http://www.liquidcrack.net/new_page_1.htm

at $3.50 each

If thier is anyplace cheaper then that hook up a link

:dazed:

Originally posted by En1GmA

there are gatherings for writers? whoA..do you guys jump around a fire and throw garvey ink in it? thats sick hommies

The least expensive place to buy Mini's off the net is

http://www.liquidcrack.net/new_page_1.htm

at $3.50 each

If thier is anyplace cheaper then that hook up a link

:dazed:

That is kind of a very strange thing to say about us jumping around a fire with garvey in it at a graff gathering...No, we do not do this...this is NYC not a cali beach. We gather in upscale art galleries in the lower east side of Manhattan...we have wine and caviar and show off our work and talk about the old days of subway graff...

Hey chumb...you may be correct about not being able to get in the show, because they will be serving booze there...

I have spent a couple hundred dollars at the liquid crack site above on their OTR line.

I bought every single OTR marker they have...I bought more than one of the same of their best colors.

It is easy to drop a hundred bucks on one order of markers...if I get like 14 in one shot.

But you are correct...you can get mini flowpens for only $3.50 each.

Urban designz charges $5.95 for a miniflow pen.

I only have like 7 or 8 mini flow pens.

Because, I use them more for my own ink. So, when they run out I refill them with the good stuff...the big ones are good because they last.

But, the minis are cool to have to carry around discreetly...I also have a lot of replacement nibs...those are the most important...Once you put in a new nib, it is like a new marker.

Guest sneak

sneaks tip of the day...

if you have a marker which seems to let ink seep from around the join where the nib part joins the storage area place a bit of tissue around it before wrapping in tape of your choice. i find electrical tape works best.

however, my real tip of the day concerns what happens when removing said tape and tissue to refill. dont make my mistake by taking a pair of scissors to score a line down which to peel off tape. or if you do....WATCH OUT FOR SRAY FINGERS!!!!!

ive just spent an enjoyable couple of hours after getting stitches and corio cleaned from a deep gash on my thumb :(

yo sneak that sounds aweful.

you know that there is a tape you can get at any well stocked hardware store that is designed especially to be placed between threads on an threaded item to help seal any gaps in the threads. i cant remember what its called but i had to get some awhile back for an air-compressor and it works like a charm. just wrap the male end of the threads in the mentioned tape and then just screw or unscrew threads like usual, no need for wrapping tape around the exterior of the marker or for getting yourself cut.

bet that corio hurt like a beyotch in that cut.

you might want to invest in said tape.

And some latex gloves.

Hey I haven't gotten one yet but I'm thinking you could make a mop out of those envelope sealers that you fill with water (because apparently licking it is too much work). You might want to change the sponge with an eraser.

Is printer ink good? I was at someones house and they had like all colors of those little bottles of printer refill. They look cool. I'm afraid to see if they would be permanent. Does anyone think they would be? I guess I could do a buff test.

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

I got myself the same exact mop containers from rite aid, the 4 oz round ones. I took off that bullshit foam rubber nib and poured the shoe polish into the toilet and rinsed it clean and dried it. then I took an eraser strip folded it in half and put it in for the nib....I did that after I put the krink in of course and it works very nicely....each tag drips like crazy. You have to shake the mop up before you use it. Otherwise it won't come out right. Krink

So you can make a krink-eraser mop with those big kiwi 4 ouc=nce mops?

Oh and would griffin be more permanent if I added some of that black rit powder to it?

Originally posted by dowmagik

why the fuck are you guys wasting money on fancy "brand name" markers? go rack a woodcraft or a terra cotta marker.

exactly what i'm saying. zig's are pretty much the same thing as an OTR, albeit not clear and slightly thinner plastic. either way, the ink in both of them is crap and worth emptying and replacing.

Originally posted by ODS-1

Is printer ink good? I was at someones house and they had like all colors of those little bottles of printer refill. They look cool. I'm afraid to see if they would be permanent. Does anyone think they would be? I guess I could do a buff test.

from what i've read, printer ink is pretty much carbon and alcohol. i get the feeling that it isn't that permanent but it is definitely worth a try. myself, i've never had much access to it. buff test that shit no doubt ;)

So you can make a krink-eraser mop with those big kiwi 4 ouc=nce mops?

Oh and would griffin be more permanent if I added some of that black rit powder to it?

it would thicken it and further fuck with the flow. you're better off trying a different ink.

Originally posted by Easy E

thats because kids like you spend all there time making ink and talking about it, insted of going out and useing it.

making your own ink is no way a waste of time...when i used to bomb insides a lot...people used to say to me "shit man i saw some of your stains runnin..what the fuck is in that stuff??" its fun to experiment and the feeling of having ink that is a bastard to buff...and because i just think its kinda fun fuckin around with inks and seeing how it comes out

If you don't like this thread, don't post here. Making your own ink is better than magnum ink or sharpie ink. If you think it's a waste of time than don't waste your time.

I know this was discussed in an older ink thread, but is rit dye really hard to buff or is it shit?

I know it would be shit if you mixed it with water, but what if you mixed in the powder shit with some griffin? Seems like it would be alright.

Does anyone know the ingredients to some hard staining inks? I could find out if they have the same stuff.

why the fuck are you guys wasting money on fancy "brand name" markers? go rack a woodcraft or a terra cotta marker.

I don't have a problem spending a 100 or even 200 dollars on class A primo ink and markers.

Sure, if I was 20 years younger I would not have money to spend.

But, if any of you guys had plenty of cash. You would be getting primo markers and primo ink. You know it and I know it.

Sure a wood craft works. But, I would rather have an OTR Copper, Silver, Gold, Blue, Red, Green, Metallic Blue, Metallic Red, Etc, Etc, Etc paint markers.

When I was young I did not have a hundred bucks to drop on a bunch of high grade markers. I was lucky to have one miniwide.

That is one of the reasons we all made mops with City chalkboard board erasers. The only thing we paid for was Flomaster and Marsh Ink it came in 4 oz metal containers and we could flood a few mops with one can and the can was like 3 bucks.

Even today nothing is better than an eraser strip mop with the right kind of ink.

But, I do like the OTR line for different type of bombing.

I totally respect the fact that you have to make due with what you can afford. Shit, money is hard to come by when you are young.

I had to go to collage to get the type of money that we have coming in nowadays.

My wife just bought a $3000 king size mattress yesterday. We got it for $2300 on sale. But, spending over 2 grand on a mattress is nuts.

But, it is what she wanted.

So, if I spend a hundred bucks here and there on graff supplies, it makes me happy and I won't miss the cash.

Do what you have to do. Just don't get pinched. I got pinched a few times racking graff shit back in the late 70's and 80's. But, that did not stop me. I was on a mission to destroy shit and continued to do what I had to do to get mine. I just never mixed ink or made ink. Because, Flomaster and Marsh was hard to buff on the insides of the plastic panels in the subways. It was also hard to buff on the inside of the painted surfaces of the trains. So, it was all good and both Flomaster and Marsh had over 100 different colors in both opaque paint and dye type ink.

Those were the good ole days:)

To me it is not a waste of money to get the things that make you happy. We only have one life to live and if a person has the cash...why not get the things you want?

Everyone has their hobbies that can be costly.:D

Buff test.

The subjects:black griffin, blue pilot ink, mineral spirits.

Test one, blue pilot.

This was so easy to buff from metal. It took me little over a minute. It barley left a ghost. That stuff is shit.

Test two, black griffin. This was fairly hard to buff. It faded easily but I couldn't get all of it unless I stood out there all day. I left a brown ghost which was quite visible.

Three. Homemade krink. This one was real hard. I gave up on it though.

Four.Uni paint silver. Easy as fuck. I didn't even have to try. I'll have some more. I have to get some printer ink and try that.

props to ods oner.

if you ever try garvey, you will be pleased. it makes griffin look like that blue pilot ink... shit is hardcore.

as for me, whenever i load homemade krink into a mop and use it, the buff squad seems to have no trouble removing it at all. eh, whatever. i use rusto paint with mineral spirits.

Buff test.

The subjects:black griffin, blue pilot ink, mineral spirits.

Test one, blue pilot.

This was so easy to buff from metal. It took me little over a minute. It barley left a ghost. That stuff is shit.

Test two, black griffin. This was fairly hard to buff. It faded easily but I couldn't get all of it unless I stood out there all day. I left a brown ghost which was quite visible.

Three. Homemade krink. This one was real hard. I gave up on it though.

Four.Uni paint silver. Easy as fuck. I didn't even have to try. I'll have some more. I have to get some printer ink and try that.

what did you say you used for a buff?

you gotta try to buff with the real if you want to get some accurate results. i've buff tested kink with an arosol containing tetrachloroethethylene, dichloromethane, and toluene and it wiped everything clean. krink is weak.