INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thing is...i live in the us and its hard even for me to get garvey...the site there smarter then u think they know whats up, that writers use it for graffit and not for what it it is really for.i mean mybe for some marsh but im really intrested in getting all the colors of "powestain ink" in like 100 or 250ml witch ever is easyer to get for you to get.

i think you may be a little paranoid. let's examine a much more obvious medium preferred by writers: spray paint. you'd think the stores would wise up to people that buy 30 cans a week, every week. they don't. writers use that for things it wasn't meant to be used for, too. and you have to deal with a clerk in person instead of on a website by email.

another thing, garvey is a small company. they need all the money they can get.

and: don't you think marsh would wise up to the fact that they sell their inks to stores like urbandesignz.com and urbandesignz than sells it to you for the purpose of vandalism? i really don't think they care, as long as they get the cash.

it's capitalism B :crazy:

Guest sneak
Originally posted by rubbish heap

you'd think the stores would wise up to people that buy 30 cans a week, every week. they don't.

because it would be bad business sense if they did!

Originally posted by HellMyNameIs

woud it be wise to put krink into a miniwide also would it be good to put marsh into a ultrawide???would they flow good?

No the krink will not flow well. It will also dry out your nib. Marsh should work though.

Guest sneak

got to agree, this thread is most on point..

my little question concerns seepage. ink always seems to seep out of the tiny gap between where the container and nib parts screw together. ive tried not filling it to the top, cleaning it constantly and even taping a tissue around it!

any one got any good ideas for me to try and fix it?

That happened to me when I was rocking an Old Spice Classic Round Stick container.. what container are you using? I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I tossed it and got a different container. See if you can get one of these, if you can't we can organize a trade.. you can't go wrong with these-

http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v167/phake/booak.bmp'>

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

OK, on some surfaces it is easier to get off than other surfaces. But, you can make the most doctored home ink and it still won't be a powerful as Garvey.

on wood and plastic, garvey gave me terrible results, i was able to make it completely disappear with alcohol-based hand sanitizer. but with metal, i used a stronger solution, and was barely able to put a dent in it.as of right now, i'd say to stick to metal with your garvey, and use nero or something on other things.

opinion subject to change, with or without notice.

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/destroya/Apr25260.jpg'>

nero + garvey - pilot + garvey - straight garvey

http://img33.photobucket.com/albums/v98/destroya/Apr25262.jpg'>

straight nero

all on the same plastic cd rack

i figured this really isnt ink talk but this probably the only thread i will get a decent answer...what happens if cops raid ur house and they come across all ur markers,inks,slaptags,scribes that kind of shit...no evidence of what u write just supplys...do they have a right to take it and what do they do with it?

Originally posted by HellMyNameIs

do they have a right to take it and what do they do with it?

Hide your supplies when they raid your house! They will take it and use it for themselves!

http://www.urbannightmares.ca/data/media/26/kops3.jpg'>

http://www.urbannightmares.ca/data/media/26/kop5_lg.jpg'>

http://www.urbannightmares.ca/data/media/26/kop4_lg.jpg'>

i think a very nice recipe would be garvey, nero and marsh. garvey stains the metals hard, nero ghosts on plastic and marsh is similar (though slightly stronger) to pilot and adds opaqueness and shines to the mix. i'd like to get some nero soon and try that shit out.

halfblu, you can't really "take" the ink out of a pilot. you could put towels on the nib and cotton filler and let it absorb the ink but there will always be some left. your best bet is just to use a pilot until it dries up and than refill it with your own ink.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by chumbawumba

That happened to me when I was rocking an Old Spice Classic Round Stick container.. what container are you using? I couldn't figure out how to fix it so I tossed it and got a different container. See if you can get one of these, if you can't we can organize a trade.. you can't go wrong with these-

booak.bmp

im using an old paint pen!!

if your up for a trade, email me...i wouldnt mind swapping some corio for some garvey or something.

Originally posted by ader47

anyone know where to get them eraser tips in england? Off or online..

and in response to that buff test - that means pilot & garvey is good on plastic?

there was more pilot than garvey, so what you see is the pilot ink. the garvey just kinda sat there, not staining the plastic. in otherwords, you'd be better off with just pilot than the garvey. i'd suggest mixing the pilot with nero if you want it to stain plastic.

also, with the nero+garveyt, there was more garvey than nero, which, i believe, just watered it down (in terms of staining plastic). that's the marker i intend to use dually.