INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

if u cant find marshes ink or pilot or nero or all that shit....i heard can use bic ink ...you just get hella pens and empty tha ink outta tha lil tubes....can u use this ink???with brake fluid and all that other shit????

You would be nuts to even bother doing that...it is not worth the time and the ink will suck...it would take a week to get enough bic ink out of those very skinny tubes.

Just get shoe or leather dye and bomb!

That would be crazy to use bic ink.:lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by En1GmA

. i use this method on my OTR. nibz when switching from ink to paint :lick:

You mean from paint to ink...Because you don't need to do that if your nib is an ink nib...just take the ink nib and the paint will work fine.

But, if it has paint ink on it and you want to use regular ink...then you have to remove the paint.

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

You would be nuts to even bother doing that...it is not worth the time and the ink will suck...it would take a week to get enough bic ink out of those very skinny tubes.

Just get shoe or leather dye and bomb!

That would be crazy to use bic ink.:lol:

yo i juss used bic ink...i had like 40 tubes ..u juss heat them up and tha shit juss flows out...i got hella ink and this lil chapstick marker is hella good...and itmade enuf ink to fill a whole jar...so i guess im crazy:crazy:

Originally posted by ODS-1

That happened to the griffin in my otr. As far as I know you can scrape it out with yur finger. But it stinks.

And to whoever was talking about griffin: Would white griffin work in my pentel shorty?

That's also happened to me when i'm using straight griffin in a Ez Squeezie. I think that griffin is just not a fine ink, meaning that the pigment is not finely ground up, so when you squeeze hard some of it can't pass throught the nib and just gets stuck behind the nib and accumulates until you can't even get ink to come out. My solution for this problem was to mix a little griffin and a little black pilot ink. The mixture flowed better through markers and was more black than straight griffin. :dazed:

Here's just a little marker reccomendation. I've been using ez squeezies for hella long, and they just about the best markers i've ever used, other than a juiced ultra. You can refill them with whatevver you want, paint, ink, etch. Theyre a super durable marker with a really durable nib. They can drip all the way to the floor iff you want. Lately i've been using one of mine full of violet garvey and its truly beautiful.. I reccomend them to anybody looking for a cheap marker that's small and compact. You can get a set of 6 for about 12 or 10 or so bucks. Thats about $2 a peice. I really reccomend them to all.

http://www.dick-blick.com/items/000/15/00015-OA3ww.jpg'>

you can buy them at:

Dick Blick

or you could probably pick them up at your local art store..

p.s. dont use that shit paint inside them.. refill that shit.

originally posted by ODS-1

That happened to the griffin in my otr.

i've got some griffin in my OTR flowie right now and its doing fine. i mixed it with the OTR flow pen ink and gentian violet in a double boiler.

originally posted by En1GmA

put the nib n a can or jar filled with a small amount laquer thinner. Mix it around until the thinner is murky. Throw out the dirty thiner and repeat process until it gets clearer.

that works with marginal success but i agree, if a nib is competely saturated with paint and you want to run ink through it, your second best bet would be to soak it in thinner... your best bet of coarse would be to get a new nib.

Griffin sucks badly:rolleyes:

yup... but OTR suckes badliest and i got a few ounces of it left. so in this case its sorta like a double negative, mixing "sucks badly" with sucks badliest in order to get some weak ink off my shelf, creates a thin/drippy/light ghosting ink that works okay-ly.

and its not creating a noticable build up behind the nib.

on the subject of griffin:

all y'all need to stop raggin on the griff. now i admit that it isnt super great ink, but it flows like magic threw Zig pens, drips like a horny bitch and sometimes the spreading looks sick as fuck.

plus, for us poor writers its the best thing we can get. all that internet ordering just doesnt happen when youre jobless in a city that has one of the highest costs of living in the world. it really doesnt matter when everything gets painted over anyhow in a matter of weeks (if youre lucky).

and alphredrock: props on the e-z-squeezies. definitely one of my favorite tools also. Flax, much?

Originally posted by macksimum

on the subject of griffin:

all y'all need to stop raggin on the griff. now i admit that it isnt super great ink, but it flows like magic threw Zig pens, drips like a horny bitch and sometimes the spreading looks sick as fuck.

plus, for us poor writers its the best thing we can get. all that internet ordering just doesnt happen when youre jobless in a city that has one of the highest costs of living in the world. it really doesnt matter when everything gets painted over anyhow in a matter of weeks (if youre lucky).

and alphredrock: props on the e-z-squeezies. definitely one of my favorite tools also. Flax, much?

From flax its about $12 bucks. You can rack them too if youre willing, but for a while they just stopped stocking them because people wracked all of them.

Originally posted by alphredrock

From flax its about $12 bucks. You can rack them too if youre willing, but for a while they just stopped stocking them because people wracked all of them.

oh do i know it. i wasnt really asking if they had them there...but since we're on the subject, do you know of anyother stores that carry them in the city? i went in there a few days back and they just laughed at me when i asked if they had run out (they werent in the normal place) and i was even gonna break bread for them!

"people racked all of them" more like bst straight mobbed on that shit. niggaz came out with like 6 boxes.

p.s.-alphred rock-don't be blowin up spots, don't tell heads you don't know where to get shit, specially on tha internet...

beeeeeeeeeeeeotch.

don't get me started talkin bout dem seals in antarctica...

Garvey

There is no doubt it Garvey is Da Shit!

I bombed the bathroom stalls in North Central Hospital in Da-Bronx.

There were a few tags with pilots are paint type markers. So, I decided to use my fat drippy garvey mop with violet ink. I did the tags a month ago.

Today I went into the bathroom and the only tags that were on those stalls were my fat drippy garvey tags...you could tell they tried to buff one tag...but they hardly even smudged it. The surface of stalls was like an orange shiny metal and the garvey just seeped in and stained.

Being they could not even smudge the tags. I doubt they will paint over them. For 2 reasons...the first reason is if they paint over it you will still see my tags and the second reason is if they paint over it...then all dye type inks will not come off. Pilot, marsh, even el-markos or marks a lot and sharpies will seep into the paint.

Being the surface on the stalls was shiny...my tags look shiny.

Whenever I or anyone else tagged on these stalls...they were able to buff them off in no time. Now that I used Garvey...they are stuck with my tags...They use that anti vandal spray and it did nothing!

So, I am truly convinced that garvey is the most permanent ink made (I already knew this) I am just reassured now.

You don't need to try to enhance it with other ingredients to "try" to make it more permanent. You most likely will fuck up the orignal components...Just leave it alone go out and DESTROY!

Black, Red & Blue Garvey are also motherfuckers to buff!

Originally posted by ODS-1

:scramble: Good. Cos griffin don't. It does for a while. I don't want one of those mops with me all the time because they leak like mad hell in my pants. Will it work well with a kiwi mop?

My mops with the wide eraser nibs have a screw on cap...they drip like crazy when you tag...you don't need to press down for drips, they drip as you write...no ink gets on my hands and they NEVER leak.

You just have to have the right container and know how to make a real nip.

All you need is basic common sense.

But, most of the time I just carry a mini OTR flowpen filled with garvey.

They work well and are easy to stash.

Garvey will work with every tagging device in the book.

It is hard to get it off the net...when I was young I stole it from supermarkets or got it from someone who worked there that access to their supplies...But, that was rare.

I'm sure the green rocks...nothing can match the big G!:king:

Originally posted by Easy E

hey OMEN, i thoguht you wrote razar, whats up with that?

I never said I wrote omen. But I like it as a back up name. In fact a lot of the people on this forum don't use the handles they write.

It is not against the law to use different names or handles is it?

Do you actually tag Easy E, the rappers name?

I have nothing to hide. I just don't feel like being tag teamed by a bunch of toys who have not been anywhere. At least on this forum, there is respect and decency. I notice they don't waste time banning people for causing problems or disrespecting other members on this forum.

The last forum was out of control. If the same thing happened to me on this forum. Those members would have been banned in a heartbeat.

They don't run a child's playground here. That is why I post here.

I just come to this forum to talk about ink and other stuff. So you do not need to concern yourself with what I write.

How does that sound?

I am sure it sounds good to you.

I have a hunch that you are not an asshole and you will give me the same respect as every single other person on this forum has given me.

This forum is not run the way the other forum was. They maintain respect here.

If they did not, I would not be posting here.

Almost everyone knows who I am.

But, they read what I have to offer...not analyze everything I write and try to challenge it.

Stay up homes.

Oh, by the way there is a graffiti gathering on the 24th here in Manhattan. Min, Duro, Kel, Mitch, Iz will be there and a whole bunch more of my old school friends will be there as well..

So, why don't you come to the gathering in person so I can introduce you to some old skool writers and you can show us your style and we can talk about what I write.

I am not asking you to come for any other reason...but to have a respectful gathering among writers.

I'm inviting you to share an experience most writers never experienced.

I already posted the gathering on an earlier post. But, I am posting it again for you.

I will understand if you can't make it. Because, I did not see your location. I assume it is not in the New York City Area. Otherwise you would have posted it.

But, if you do live in the New York Area. Please try to make it.

It is on Delancy Street at Marco's on the 24th.

Peace!

This is an ink thread...your best bet is to start reading it from the beginning not the end.

So, start from the beginning and take it from there.

Almost everything has been said about everything regarding ink.

So, we sometimes talk about other things. That way it is not so tedious. But, if you go up a few posts above this one. There is talk about ink.

How about this...lets see if you can add something to this thread that has to do with ink that has not been said...or ask a question, I am sure you will get the answer you are looking for by one of the fellow members here.

OK?

Good:D

Wait, you did ask something about ink and you got your answer.

This is what you asked.

where do u get garvey ink frum...like store wise.... not off the internet

This was my answer.

It is hard to get it off the net...when I was young I stole it from supermarkets or got it from someone who worked there that access to their supplies...But, that was rare.

So as you can see, just ask and you will get educated.

:cool:

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

I notice they don't waste time banning people for causing problems or disrespecting other members on this forum.

The last forum was out of control. If the same thing happened to me on this forum. Those members would have been banned in a heartbeat.

They don't run a child's playground here. That is why I post here.

yeah!! 12oz owns...pg has some good threads but most people seem like pricks