INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

the tag didn't come out opaque because you forgot to get rid of the white griffin residue. griffin is alcohol and water based, neither of which mix with the oil based paint you used. next time clean out the container completely before adding your paint, and make sure it's all mixed in when you use it. its either that or you used too much thinner.

as for the chalkboard eraser, you can find those at school usually, but i'd say try an art store, i've seen chalkboard erasers there before.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ODS-1

What are some chain stores that carry chalkboard erasers? I live in Kentucky and tried some office supply store.

if you tried staples... try them again. they carry the dry erase kind in the marker section and the chalk board erasers in the school supply section.

Rubbalicious!! i hope you know i was jsut klidding about being mad or whatever. Which window chalk markers are you using? I might try the face paint markers because theyre EXACTLY the same but the nib is smaller by a tiny bit. gotta love the drip control on the merkers ehh?

Originally posted by AevOne718

Rubbalicious!! i hope you know i was jsut klidding about being mad or whatever. Which window chalk markers are you using? I might try the face paint markers because theyre EXACTLY the same but the nib is smaller by a tiny bit. gotta love the drip control on the merkers ehh?

yeah i'm definitely loving these alot better than kiwis. i'm using a roseart window painter.

Originally posted by En1GmA

ay yo my decos ran out of ink? anyway 2 refill that shit?

doubtful. you could try thinned out paint but i know that the paint in decos have a little more than just that.

AND ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING! I can't find those chalkboard erasers anyware. all I can find is the dry erasers. which are cloth and like a sponge and won't make nibs. What are some chain stores that carry chalkboard erasers? I live in Kentucky and tried some office supply store.

i'll have to go with ODS-1 on that one... i cant get them anywhere. i also have that cloth and sponge thing, its no good. ive treid staples and everything, either they didnt hve them the 2 times i went or they dont have them at all.

im getting a white kiwi, and im wondering if you can just use the white shit thats already in the kiwi bottle to go bombing with. shut up, ive never used a kiwi before.

i noticed everyone was being mean to this dude, im in a good mood so i'll help you out.the only good thing about the kiwi, is the container itself. the ink sucks, unless of course, you mix it with something else, try and get get some other ink or you could ask rubbish something and hopefully he'll help you out

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubtful. you could try thinned out paint but i know that the paint in decos have a little more than just that.

i c i c but imma try it out anyweys... but any tips on how 2 open the marker? i was thinking of drilling the end and then sealing it with silicone or epoxy glue.

ill 1st try using sum left over car paint thinned out with laquer thinner if i can find a way inside that shit. tell u guyz..how it turns out

Dude are you for real? You would do all that shit just to put stuff in a deco? I could go to the store right now and rack 50 of those. Why hell bother to refill one if they are so easily rackable, and only like $3.50 if you can't rack them. That makes no sense man.

i know huh.. but i live down hur in southern cali van nuyz n Michaels are fuckin smart cuzz ppl often rack the whole isle of makers so they put all thier shit behind a cage... and 3.50?! holy shit mang thats more then my allowance for a week geebus.

quote:

i c i c but imma try it out anyweys... but any tips on how 2 open the marker? i was thinking of drilling the end and then sealing it with silicone or epoxy glue.

ill 1st try using sum left over car paint thinned out with laquer thinner if i can find a way inside that shit. tell u guyz..how it turns out

damn i thought you were just talking shit at first... are you serious?!!

whats the neighborhood coming to?

Click on the link below for the best chalk board erasers....If you want the really wide ones get the SCHOOL MATE Republic Standard Eraser. Just srcoll down a little. The first eraser on the top of the page is also good if you want the the less wide kind.

The are like a $1.07 each for the Repulic Standards...You get 6 strips, that can make 6 mops....If that is not a deal for nibs that will last forever I don't know what is...They want like $1.99 for one of those small O.T.R replacement nibs, now that is a rip off.

You can't go wrong using erasers for nibs, they are like sponges, they drip like hell, they are smooth as shit and they are made out of felt and wool..

Erasers....Clich here.

quote:

Simply get an ink injector from a printer ink injection kit. I use them to refill my Magnums and they work like a champ.

No need to drill holes and shit.

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

Simply get an ink injector from a printer ink injection kit. I use them to refill my Magnums and they work like a champ.

refilling magnums... interesting.

there is something i dont like about magnums. not sure if its the nibs or the ink, or a combination of the two. i havent used a magnum in something like 6 years. they never felt to smooth, like the nib would never break in properly and the ink flow just couldnt suit my taste.

are they less awkward if you refill them with your choice ink?

i know huh.. but i live down hur in southern cali van nuyz n Michaels are fuckin smart cuzz ppl often rack the whole isle of makers so they put all thier shit behind a cage... and 3.50?! holy shit mang thats more then my allowance for a week geebus.

take off the sticker that says do not remove and u can then twist off the top half and then fill it up with the ink of ur choice

I agree about what you guys said about magnums. I noticed that a member was talking about how he refills his magnum. He said he used pliers to yank the nib out and bend the marker to get the nib back in with pliers and them crimp it so the ink won't leak out, he even said something about using glue for the nib, to hold it in place.

That is too much trouble for a bullshit marker. That's why I mentioned the ink injector needle to avoid all that bullshit.

I do have a magnum. I went to target and saw a magnum in a cart with other stuff and I asked what department they had them in. He took it to a price checker and said we don't even sell these (mags) and he handed it back to me. So, I put in my back pocket and walked out of the store.

I tried it out and it did not write that well. Plus, the ink is funky.

They are "low end" markers. I like pilots better:cool:

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

Click on the link below for the best chalk board erasers....If you want the really wide ones get the SCHOOL MATE Republic Standard Eraser. Just srcoll down a little. The first eraser on the top of the page is also good if you want the the less wide kind.

The are like a $1.07 each for the Repulic Standards...You get 6 strips, that can make 6 mops....If that is not a deal for nibs that will last forever I don't know what is...They want like $1.99 for one of those small O.T.R replacement nibs, now that is a rip off.

You can't go wrong using erasers for nibs, they are like sponges, they drip like hell, they are smooth as shit and they are made out of felt and wool..

Erasers....Clich here.

Yeah, I had to drive like half way across town but I finally got the same ones you linked to.

But OMEN, I did that little nib thing with the eraser and the kiwi, and when I finished my tag thenib got pushed into the mop. Now I did some tags without anything in the nib (To get a feel for it, sounds toy I know, but it was at my house), and it didn't happen. I guess the krink lubed up the nib and it slipped. But how can you prevent that and keep your mop refillable? Thanks for all your help.

ink

well something has gone wrong with my ink, i tell you the mix

pilot ink

break fluid

rain-ex

leather dye

2 drops of nail polish remover

i am not sure why, but it seems so bubble kinda when i write on things, like after i write on things i see it bubble a bit

do you know why and how i could stop this from happening?

Originally posted by ODS-1

Yeah, I had to drive like half way across town but I finally got the same ones you linked to.

But OMEN, I did that little nib thing with the eraser and the kiwi, and when I finished my tag thenib got pushed into the mop. Now I did some tags without anything in the nib (To get a feel for it, sounds toy I know, but it was at my house), and it didn't happen. I guess the krink lubed up the nib and it slipped. But how can you prevent that and keep your mop refillable? Thanks for all your help.

It sounds like your eraser is too narrow for your container. To keep the nib from going in on erasers that are too narrow for your container. take a nail and put in the crease where the fold is and cut the nail so it is just long enough to go across the containers opening...this will stop the nib from going in your container....if you have wide strips...all you do is fold them, stick it down in the opening, and flatten the tip by pushing it down so it over laps the opening of your container. Then there is another way....once you fold the eraser strip...take another strip and put it in between the fold, hold it all together and slide it in your container...this will make the nib more like a plug so it is in there firmly.

To refill them, take the nozzle of your ink and stick it in between the eraser nib and the container and slowly juice up your mop till it is flooded.