INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

what about liquid methylene blue then? because thats all i could find. at least all i could find that was ... um... r a c * a b _ e... yeah. But i got some on the lil' ol' bottle it was in and it left a purple stain on the bottle. that had me satisfied.

OKAY OKAY...

KRYLON SHORTCUTS. not the little cans, but the "brush-on Paint"

This shit is so fucking "sweet". Its great. Lotssss of different colors. In K-mart they keep it locked up w/ the cans. It comes in tiny ass one fl Ounce bottls, but thats enough to refill your marker/ mop or whatever, and they run at 1.20$ or w/e so that is good too.i have 2 bottles of silver a friend gave me, and it is SHINY. I added it to my silver mop thing, and it is great. it CONTAINS: MINERAL SPIRITS, VM&P NAPTHA, XYLENE, TOLUENE... and it smells like sugar and enaml paint. Wierd stuff. I like it. try it. NOW...

I wonder if denatured alchohol is what they use for garvey. Imagine if garvey was as simple as gentian violet, carbon paper, and denat-alchohol... IMAGINE!! NOW...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: inks...

Originally posted by Jay*Dub<-

so heres a little bit i been up to that might not have been posted yet if so i appologize.

magnums

good cartridges thats about it you can pull the nib out with a pair of pliers and refill the carcass with whatever you want i use strait griffin it mixes with the ink and stains well when putting th nib back in cut the nib at an angle and work it back and fourth this might take a couple tries now to avoid a leak crimp the metal around the nib and add some epoxy to prevent leakage now if it leaks take a piece of sloth a sock works tear a strip off and tapee it around the marker like a scarf if it leaks the ink will be abnsorbed.

GV.

i just picked up soem of the liquid today thanks to this here web thingy ima bout to try it i hope it doesn't do what you say it does.

Wow. Why would you even want to go through all that effort when a Pilot is 10x easier to fuck around with...

man, there's so many simple recipes on this thread.

oh well lazy, i'll help you out. if you want to order shit online, i suggest getting violet garvey off ebay and keep it the way it is.

either that or go to a shoe store / walgreens, and either get black griffin or purple/red fiebing's. both stain pretty hard.

Aside from the best ink which is Garvey of course, You have krink and marsh. Also, black pilot ink is good....griffin sucks but it is better than nothing if you don't have to nickles to make a dime. The OTR line of markers are pretty good and piolets are just OK

The best tagging marker in the world is the mini ultrawide.

They stopped making them because the machine that made them broke down never to be fixed again. So, if you don't have a mini, I feel bad for you guys...anyone who has one and has used one will tell you it is the best.

Rubbish don't blow up the mini spot:)

http://www.artprimo.com/miniwide.jpg'>

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

Aside from the best ink which is Garvey of course, You have krink and marsh. Also, black pilot ink is good....griffin sucks but it is better than nothing if you don't have to nickles to make a dime. The OTR line of markers are pretty good and piolets are just OK

The best tagging marker in the world is the mini ultrawide.

They stopped making them because the machine that made them broke down never to be fixed again. So, if you don't have a mini, I feel bad for you guys...anyone who has one and has used one will tell you it is the best.

Rubbish don't blow up the mini spot:)

http://www.artprimo.com/miniwide.jpg'>

I'm not too worried about blowing up the spot anymore, I got my share of what I need and I'm happy with it. I just need to stock on some extra nibs.

Either ways, Griffin isn't that great looking but it does stain harder than Pilot ink and Marsh Dye in my experience, and just about anyone can access it even if you live in the middle of Shitsville. That and you have the choice of using the applicator that comes with it, which is drippy like some people prefer, or filling it in a mop or Pilot; just don't put that shit in a Mini Wide because word is it won't flow through proper. Of course, Garvey does beat it by a long shot :crazy:

Just so you know we usually make a simple Krink ourselves by mixing silver paint with a little paint thinner to get it flowing, and than if you're feeling funkay you can add in some aluminum dust or brake flui. Shit only works in mops and it's alot cheaper than what KR charges.

Oh and Aev, the ingredients to Garvey...

Ethanol

N-Butanol

Butyl Glycol

Polyamid Resin

"Violet Dye"

Isopropanol

Propyl Acetate

I'm sure its the "violet dye" that causes all the hard stains... Now if I could only find the chemical name ;)

Originally posted by rubbish heap

Shit only works in mops and it's alot cheaper than what KR charges.

alot cheaper than what KR charges

man that shit has me so heated. how can anyone in their true and proper mind sell a mop for 10 dollars? absolutely ridiculous. i sent KR (or whoever does his marketing) an email asking this question and all i got back was the nomal "bro, i barely make a dime. you're prolly just some kid blahblahblah." then dont sell the shit. i mean, isnt getting mad respect from writers good enough? or do you have to capitalize and exploit the fuck outta them too? :mad:

Originally posted by macksimum

man that shit has me so heated. how can anyone in their true and proper mind sell a mop for 10 dollars? absolutely ridiculous. i sent KR (or whoever does his marketing) an email asking this question and all i got back was the nomal "bro, i barely make a dime. you're prolly just some kid blahblahblah." then dont sell the shit. i mean, isnt getting mad respect from writers good enough? or do you have to capitalize and exploit the fuck outta them too? :mad:

i would.

Being I have 16 miniwides I decided to try krink in one....It works but not too well. I had to hold the mini till the krink ran to the nib and I could somewhat get a decent tag on a very dark surface....as far as the mop....I would never buy a KR mop with krink. First the nib is bullshit....it is that foam rubber type that will fall apart in the first 3 tags.

I got myself the same exact mop containers from rite aid, the 4 oz round ones. I took off that bullshit foam rubber nib and poured the shoe polish into the toilet and rinsed it clean and dried it. then I took an eraser strip folded it in half and put it in for the nib....I did that after I put the krink in of course and it works very nicely....each tag drips like crazy. You have to shake the mop up before you use it. Otherwise it won't come out right. I have been getting able to get the 32oz containers of krink for 35 bucks....I know that seems like a lot of money but I have a pretty good income....So, to me it's is nothing. Plus, it beats paying 15 bucks for only 8 oz's...that means 16 oz's of krink cost like 30 bucks. But, I get it downtown in Manhattan and they give it to me cheaper than if I bought it on the net....It does work in OTR type flow pens...you just need to shake it before you tag.

With the mini I put the krink in....I flushed the krink out with garvey and it looks pretty cool....it has silver sparkles when I tag with it.

I also put a few drops of violet garvey into a white OTR paint marker and it rocks!

Krink

Re: Re: inks...

Wow. Why would you even want to go through all that effort when a Pilot is 10x easier to fuck around with...

Word....once a mag runs out of ink I just throw it away....you can get them for $2.99.

He must not know about pilots........

Aight , I did a little research. Appaerently the violet dye in Garvey has the generic name of "Basic Violet 1", which is Methyl Violet (and probably in some way related to Methylene Blue and Gentian Violet). The site I looked at said it was used in manufacture of paints and inks, so I'm pretty sure this is the stuff... If you could get your hands on this shit it could easily help any ink... :crazy: This chemical stain shit is fun.

The shit http://www.pdindustries.com/basic.htm

Originally posted by macksimum

Nobody is forcing you to pay it, and nobody is being exploited. If you're too motherfucking stupid to go to the hardware store and buy/rack the $6.00 worth of supplies it takes to make an assload of Krink then you deserve to pay whatever he's asking. I just made some yesterday, picked up some Higgins Eternal to add to it today, I'll let you all know how that works out.

Aight , I did a little research. Appaerently the violet dye in Garvey has the generic name of "Basic Violet 1", which is Methyl Violet (and probably in some way related to Methylene Blue and Gentian Violet). The site I looked at said it was used in manufacture of paints and inks, so I'm pretty sure this is the stuff... If you could get your hands on this shit it could easily help any ink... :crazy: This chemical stain shit is fun.

well done... MSDS status

I just found a very easy way to refill Magnum .44 Markers.

I took a 3cc hypodermic syringe from an ink refill kit for printer ink and drew up the ink up to the syringe part and took the long needle that is attached to the syringe and stuck between the nib and the marker and stuck it down as far as it could go (about 2 inches) and injected the ink. I only had to inject it twice till the nib was juicy with ink and the marker was a lot heavier because it was full of violet garvey. It is not 100% violet because it mixed with the remaining black ink that was in the Magnum. But, it did the job. I did not make a mess, I did not need gloves and now I have a nice magnum full of garvey. It is much better than using pliers and then crimping it then gluing it.

I swiped about 6 syringes from the ink kits at Comp. USA.

So, this should be useful for people who want to refill their Magnums.

Make A Real New York Style Mop

Get the type of roll on container that has the ring that holds the ball. pop off the ring and the ball will come off too...you can't just use any roll on container....25 years ago, when I started making them, roll on containers were all glass and the ball was held on with a plastic ring that fit at the top of the container....now everything is plastic so most of them do not have that detachable ring....except the Arrid xx, it is a blue container.

So, after you take the ring and the ball off...pour out the deodorant rinse the container and dry it well. Get a chalk board eraser and tear off a strip of the felt, most erasers have 6 strips. Take the strip and fold it in half and put it in where the ball used to be...put it in after you fill your container up with real ink, not griffin but Marsh or Garvey, etc.; fill it a little more than 2 thirds, that way your ink will not flood out when you are putting in your eraser. The wider eraser the better.

Below is the best eraser for making mops.

The first one is good for fat mops and the second one is good for regular size mops, it is also good for griffin containers, take off that bull shit foam rubber nib and fold an eraser strip in half and put it in where the nib goes.

http://image.misterart.com/grouppix/528x352/7000/g7898.jpg'>

http://image.misterart.com/grouppix/528x352/2000/g2500.jpg'>

Alright I have never been too keen with homemade markers with eraser nibs. I am still unaware of how it doesn't leak out of the sides. Do you just fold one strip in half and put it in? If so, this leads me to believe that there would be space on the sides of the eraser. Like a gap between the eraser and the side of the marker.. hard to explain this. Anybody wanna fill me in here? I tried to put an eraser as a nib on a kiwi bottle but when I tilted it to put it on the wall it leaked out the sides and got on my shoes. Wrote like shit, too. Help?

hey rubbish.... here's some shit fo yo shit..... remember how i asked you about white out???? i went and i thinned it.....HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it has got to be the best shit ever invented!!!! i used acetone and mixed that shit with 3 or 4 bottles of white out..... it is the most opaque ink i have ever seen in my life, the best part is that it stains hard as fuck!!!!!!! try it out... you'll thank me later..

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Alright I have never been too keen with homemade markers with eraser nibs. I am still unaware of how it doesn't leak out of the sides. Do you just fold one strip in half and put it in? If so, this leads me to believe that there would be space on the sides of the eraser. Like a gap between the eraser and the side of the marker.. hard to explain this. Anybody wanna fill me in here? I tried to put an eraser as a nib on a kiwi bottle but when I tilted it to put it on the wall it leaked out the sides and got on my shoes. Wrote like shit, too. Help?

You are doing it wrong....the eraser has to be snug.

It is folded in half and you make it snug...it is very simple....if the hole to the container is too wide for the folded eraser, all you have to do is take another strip and put it in between the fold, this makes the fold wider then you shove it in the opening of the container...I have been making them that way for 25 years, and they are the best, they are fat and drippy and if you do it right it will not flow out the sides at all.

There is an old trick I use in case some might leak out. you take a sock and wrap it around the ban roll on container twice and cut it, then you take black tape and wrap the tape around the sock neatly and not extreamly tight either, that way the sock will catch any ink that might leak out, it won't be messy because the ink will be absorbed by the sock and the sock is in between the tape and the container ....I used to bomb with the drippiest mops and not one drop would get on my hands...all you need is common sense and the right stuff and know how.

Also try not to use kiwi bottles, they suck...you have to get the type of roll on container I was talking about, there is more depth to the opening making it hold the eraser much better.

Originally posted by earo 35

hey rubbish.... here's some shit fo yo shit..... remember how i asked you about white out???? i went and i thinned it.....HOLY MOTHERFUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it has got to be the best shit ever invented!!!! i used acetone and mixed that shit with 3 or 4 bottles of white out..... it is the most opaque ink i have ever seen in my life, the best part is that it stains hard as fuck!!!!!!! try it out... you'll thank me later..

I'm sure it's opaque, but I've buffed it before off desks in school and it doesn't stain too much at all; I think you may be confused with what stain really means.

Originally posted by emc02

i was wondering if anyone on the board has a really good recipe for PILOT JUMBOS.... i got one of these and they rock ... by far the best marker i've owned... better then magnum 44... so please hit me up with a pm if you want to share privatley, or just post it here...

thanks

"the toy"

Just order a bottle of violet Garvey and unscrew yout pilot and fill it up.

Garvey is the answer to everything.

If you can't gey Garvey, get Marsh, Nero, OTR Hard To Buff or Pilot 1 oz refills (black only)

That is your best bet....that way you don't waste time making a mess or "try" to make something that the chemists have been making for over 30 years.....and get the idea it is better than anything in the world.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Not too sure what you meant here..

This is so easy to understand....if your folded eraser is not wide enough to be snug in your ban container....take another strip and put that extra strip in between the folded eraser strip, this will make the folded eraser strip wider and make it fit more snug in the ban container. That way when you put the folded eraser with the extra strip in between the fold into your container...it will be more snug and ink WILL NOT leak out the sides.

Also, when you use the mob when it is flooded hold it kind of upright when you tag...this will surely prevent any excess ink from flowing out....I like miniwides and flow pens...But, a good ban roll on mop is the best for destroying shit, it has a screw on cap and there is nothing you can compare it to....NOTHING!.:cool:

methyl violet is the same shit as gentian violet. a lot of these chemicals have different names

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

This is so easy to understand....if your folded eraser is not wide enough to be snug in your ban container....take another strip and put that extra strip in between the folded eraser strip, this will make the folded eraser strip wider and make it fit more snug in the ban container. That way when you put the folded eraser with the extra strip in between the fold into your container...it will be more snug and ink WILL NOT leak out the sides.

Also, when you use the mob when it is flooded hold it kind of upright when you tag...this will surely prevent any excess ink from flowing out....I like miniwides and flow pens...But, a good ban roll on mop is the best for destroying shit, it has a screw on cap and there is nothing you can compare it to....NOTHING!.:cool:

Ah, I think I get it now. After you fold it you insert it horizontally, ok I get you now. Thanks.

Originally posted by completionz

Does anyone know if potassium permangranate and fish oil really add more staining power?

I know that fish oil really doesn't do anything for the stain at all. All it does is water down the ink and make it take longer to dry. Alot of people have been getting good results with Potassium Perm., although it is a reactive chemical and has the potential to fuck up... But yeah, ditch the fish oil.

Originally posted by love meter

methyl violet is the same shit as gentian violet. a lot of these chemicals have different names

Oh yeah? I knew that Gentian Violet and Crystal Violet were related, if not the same, but also Methyl now? Sounds good... I just wish I could find this shit soon.

Originally posted by earo 35

im talking about staining on a wall or concrete, this shit will never come out.... its the greatest, the drips are like water.

Mainly because those surfaces are pourous.