The Lucid Dreaming Thread

Milton

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:haha:

Originally posted by the A squad@Feb 27 2006, 10:38 PM

i lucid dreamed i could do kamehamehas....but then this other kid could do it to...so we had to do a energy beam battle.....i lost and woke up.

other times ive flown/driven stick....thats about it..

too much Dragon Ball son..

I posted most of this in the salvia thread.

My overall sleeping habits have changed quite a bit in the last year or so. I will go a couple days to two weeks at a time of getting no more than 1 or 2 REM cycles per sleep session. This was done mostly to accomodate work load and just my general lifestyle, but it has had some cool side effects. When I first started doing this, I didn't really know when I was too tired, so it wasn't always healthy. I have the hang of it now and it works perfectly fine while still maintaining the interesting impact it has had on my dreaming. I think this affected the frequency at which I lucid dream by not fully allowing my mind to put itself into a deep dream state.

Also, I think the point at which you wake up has a lot to do with your ability to lucid dream. Typically one must wake up within a REM cycle or right after it to "remember" a dream. If one is gettin only getting a few number of REM cycles per sleep, the likelyness of waking up during those periods increases by virtue of the few number of hours slept.

Power napping allows me to lucid dream pretty well too. Stay up for a day or two, then close your eyes for about twenty minutes. You can drop into a sleep state and start dreaming rather quickly if you can relax yourself well. I think that by slipping into this state so quickly, you don't fully lose all of your cognitive processes.

I think that if you also try to question things in general as they are happening, you may lead yourself into more lucid dreams. If you are dreaming and you see something completely rediculous, say... yourself being able to levitate, then acknowledge that it is rediculous and use that. Even if you don't realize your in a dream, you realize you are doing something you normally can't. Thus, you can use that to try other things, say... being able to actually fly vs levitate. I've found for me at least, that small things like that lead to being able to lucid dream quite often.

In my more recent dreams I have been able to do some of the stuff Mams talks about earlier in the thread. I can't lift heavy shit yet. I can mostly just fly around to anywhere I want, and to put myself in any setting I choose. Of which I am pretty content with.

just my thoughts and experiences on the subject.

i had a dream that my boss was giving me shit about my paycheck and i yelled " stop lying to me!!" and hit him with a skateboard...

2 days later...today.. the exact shituation popped up.. i just didnt yell at him and fuck him up with my skateboard..

i've been changing my future.. or seeing different realities in my sleep..

Originally posted by GEEB@Mar 1 2006, 08:02 AM

anyone ever dreamed about fucking someone? i never have.

HAHA! yes!!

This is long ago, I had a dream I got to have sex with Cybill Shepard. Before the dream I didn't really knew who she was, but I had seen some sitcom where she was. I remember that in the dream it had taken alot of convincing to get her there. Also I was much smaller in the dream, like a little kid and my dick was about half the size. I came immediately and Cybill was PISSED OFF!!

I started laughing immediately and I was laughing out loud when I woke up, it was the funniest fucking dream ever

I've been lucid dreaming before i even knew of the whole concept, but the problem i have is the constant waking up but still dreaming over and over again which someone previously mentioned is well ....fucked. But whats worse and happens almost all the time i realise im dreaming i go blind in my dream can't wake up even if i try my eyes just feel heavy and theres nothing i can do about it has anyone had this???? It feels alot like them dreams when ur trying to beat the shit out of someone and u get all weak and exhausted.

On a different note i also had frequent dreams of running from someone or something and it started to shit me up the wall as i would wake up in a sweat. So i googled it and found something about this means insecurity or someshit and the answer was to confront whatever i was running from and ask why its chasing me. In turn it took me a few weeks but i trained myself to stop and ask them and i got an answer of something along the lines of; "u need to change my ways in how u treat people". So i took this into account and over the next few weeks i improved how i acted towards people and became Mr nice guy (only when sober) and the dreams stopped. Everyone time i was a prick to someone i seemed to clearly remember it from then on, this was interesting yet short lived as i became a target for peoples shit and entertainment wasn't as it once was but i found it interesting anyway.

• 3 years later...
The weirdest thing by far is when I cant differentiate between my dreams and my memory.

Sometime i have a deja vu of sorts.

Reading old posts is kind of a head trip, especially when they still are true.

Archived