models... not super

When

yes, KUKSI's work is spectacular.

the Grave Digging Hearse will have a front shovel similar to this one which is pre-hydrolic cylinder:

http://www.hcea.net/Default.aspx?pageId=1493429&id=10109172&dh=184&cppr=3

the shovel is the seat part that was cut apart and modified and the A-Boom arms were cut from the chassis part of the Vanpire Van kit. The shovel pulley wheel was turned from one of the casket trailer wheels on a round file.

th_A-Grave-Service_03b_BoomFab_2_zps70e3d938.jpg.0014183f877bd461f37154b1b3319252.jpg

th_A-Grave-Service_03a_pulleyFab_3_zps04386f9a.jpg.e24c55cebd1bb94415da3eb3ba00f6bb.jpg

th_A-Grave-Service_03b_BoomFab_3_zpsade1ec57.jpg.e8f500f71c7fa8d2ef87c72572b335d6.jpg

Current configuration

th_A-Grave-Service_04_mo_zpsa3e310b7.jpg.74b264427cee885c5b6f0b624f20fe8a.jpg

:pumpkin:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you get infinite props for your builds

not sure if you had posted/talked about any of them..

but do you mess with any warhammer modeling?

i was thinking about getting into it just for the artistic craft instead of actually playing

some amazing modeling out there with those

Forge+World+Custom+Ork+Stompa.jpg

re27.jpg

There is a little talk and I think some figures from Warhammer on here. I haven't got into it on a build and paint level but I also appreciate the creative compositions.

I don't play it either and know nothing about the realm.

I've built a Gundam kit but have not seen an anime of the series. Just wasn't interested in the story but only in the models.

If you find an affordable and variety selection retail outlet for the Warhammer kits, let me know

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want to go with 1/18 scale because it looks like the year model of your 1/1 ride then you might want to look into RC (Remote Control) kits, parts and accessories.

This is a whole different department of scale modeling that I'm not familiar with

In 1/18 you can buy that die-cast in your example and then get a rock crawler chassis kit and kit mash the body and interior tub over a chassis like this:

vaterra-slickrock-chassis-560x432.jpg

http://rctruckstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/vaterra-slickrock-chassis-560x432.jpg

I just looked into the on-line sources that I go to for plastic kits and non of them all selling these.

I was going to suggest the Tamiya Jeep Grand Cherokee over an Aoshima Toyota Hilux chassis and wheels, both are 1/24

128876-10941.jpg

http://www.scalemates.com/products/img/8/7/6/128876-10941.jpg

51BJ6ShKKrL..jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BJ6ShKKrL..jpg

.. know what I'm saying?

There will be some cutting and modification necessary of course.

I just saw both of these kits on evay

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These are die-cast (mostly metal) preassembled scale models of what looks like in the pictures as; aircraft and trucks. The ad describes them as "Vintage Texaco Collectibles", which they are.

I've never had interest in this realm unless it was a specific subject that was not produced in plastic. The Marathon Checker Cab in 1/24 scale. There are no plastic model mfg. that produce this as a kit so I had to go die-cast. (Franklin Mint on Evay for about 50 bucks)

How vintage and valuable and collectable . . . I don't know. I've never gotten into die-cast. What I do know about these types of hobby items is that if the original box and packaging is intact, then more value.

If you intend to check this out then look for numbers on the box and/or certificates inside that denote the series number in the limited production of these collectibles. If these are included with the original box/packaging, then the price is right. If not then haggle the Fck out these items

you get infinite props for your builds

not sure if you had posted/talked about any of them..

but do you mess with any warhammer modeling?

i was thinking about getting into it just for the artistic craft instead of actually playing

some amazing modeling out there with those

Forge+World+Custom+Ork+Stompa.jpg

re27.jpg

could not care less for the actual dice-rolling aspect of the game, but have always respected the art for a lot of the warhammer shit.. usually stroll in for a quick minute upon passing the stores & shit once in a while too. the single pieces of the space fuckers or goblins are cool, but the bigger ones like these have always been fascinating

used to model random shit here & there as a yout. do lurk here when it gets bumped by either you two

Fist - Thanks for the Heads Up on the garage sale. I re-read my post and it reads ;like I was being an *sshole. All the info I described is true as I see it

MC - I like those too. However, I (and my friends) used to play Dungeons & Dragons many many years ago. I still have all the stuff and would play it again if they all showed up on a beer night

Haven't visited this thread in a long time, glad to see you still killing it KO. Seeing the stuff you build is motivating. With winter around the corner, I keep thinking of picking up a new kit. Been contemplating a 70's Chevy van kit of some sort, I figure that would make for a fun paint job.

Also, I really hope some day someone makes a BRUBAKER BOX model kit, if they haven't already (I've never seen one)

Brubaker_Box.jpg.22ae63ba6ac55b9c337a8b788768099c.jpg

• Like 1

Fist - Thanks for the Heads Up on the garage sale. I re-read my post and it reads ;like I was being an *sshole. All the info I described is true as I see it

MC - I like those too. However, I (and my friends) used to play Dungeons & Dragons many many years ago. I still have all the stuff and would play it again if they all showed up on a beer night

thats actually pretty aweome. tried to learn how to play when i was like 15 a few times, just reading as much as i could about it for about 30 min/sit before saying fuckit. it was also discouraging because its not like rap spraying & you literally cant play it alone. shit dude, only if a few of my friends were willing to sit down & learn how to play (at least to the point where we wouldnt need to consult the rulebook every 10 seconds); itd be mad fun getting loud & retarded while pulling d&d allnighters with people that are genuinely down

Bought a Paasche airbrush the other day. I have never airbrushed anything in my life, but I work with regular sized spray guns at my job so it's basically the same parts, just way smaller. However, I've already lost a spring that goes inside of it, so i need to get a replacement. needless to say, it's been stressing me out a little bit. That, and the compressor I bought seems to be garbage and will be returned. Rather than keeping a constant PSI, the gauge shows it top out around 45 psi, and as soon as you get on the airbrush trigger it just dies down to about 10. I have never used these small compressors, but I assume this isn't a normal or ideal thing to have happen. A good compressor should maintain the psi you set it at, no?

Anyway, bought that shit from Hobby Lobby so no wonder it's garbage. At least they have an okay return policy. Any suggestions on a good air source? My plan was to return it and head over to a different local hobby shop that has some pretty legit looking small compressors, but I'll end up paying 100-150 bucks more for one than the one from Hobby Lobby. I guess if it serves it's purpose then it's worth it.

Also, how much do you guys airbrush instead of just spray or brush painting?