models... not super

When

MC - again, I'm not getting email alerts to posts in this thread anymore or I would have replied immediately to this

D&D/ AD&D can be very technical if you want to play it that way. It can also be a simple and practically a conversational event around a table of friends. Gary Gygax said that D&D can be played with nothing more than two people as long one of them has a coin to flip. Seriously this is true.

We used to go all out with psionic abilities and sht. Don't have to play this way. Like Gary said, it can be played at a bus stop if that's where you're at.

Yeah it can get load and fun esp. on a good 'ol cold and rainy night

Those figures are impressively painted. I've never got this good at this scale

Mr. Inc - I don't knopw how to help you with the lost spring but a good hobby size compressor is an oil less small one with a compression tank. If you can run it at about 25psi, you're good for scale models

I airbrush about 1/3 of the time. Like you describe; Sable brush, Airbrush, Aerosol can

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

KO, thanks for the tip. I ended up getting a different compressor for way cheaper. Haven't been able to use it, because now I need to find the right adapter for the Paasche airbrush to hook into the compressor.

In the meantime, I picked up a Revell '77 GMC pickup plow truck kit and started with some body work using a Dremel tool (which are awesome by the way) adding in some layers/small holes for rust. I've never attempted weathering/rust but so far I think the body work looks decent, it's not too hard getting nice rusty looking layers in the plastic. I figure the harder part will be proper painting.

Haven't visited this thread in a long time, glad to see you still killing it KO. Seeing the stuff you build is motivating. With winter around the corner, I keep thinking of picking up a new kit. Been contemplating a 70's Chevy van kit of some sort, I figure that would make for a fun paint job.

Also, I really hope some day someone makes a BRUBAKER BOX model kit, if they haven't already (I've never seen one)

Brubaker_Box.jpg

Holy shit I want this van!!!

turtle van

MC - again, I'm not getting email alerts to posts in this thread anymore or I would have replied immediately to this

D&D/ AD&D can be very technical if you want to play it that way. It can also be a simple and practically a conversational event around a table of friends. Gary Gygax said that D&D can be played with nothing more than two people as long one of them has a coin to flip. Seriously this is true.

We used to go all out with psionic abilities and sht. Don't have to play this way. Like Gary said, it can be played at a bus stop if that's where you're at.

Yeah it can get load and fun esp. on a good 'ol cold and rainy night

Those figures are impressively painted. I've never got this good at this scale

word, that is encouraging, though id still like to play some by the book games & shit also. d&d life

I know this kit:

http://www.revell.com/model-kits/trucks/85-7222.html#.VGLKLEuSL8t

So, you're thinning out the body plastic. (fenders and running board area?) That's some advanced action sht right there!

Have you heard of the hairspray or the salt techniques yet? They work well for what you are planning :idea:

That's the kit. Yes, i have seen a couple videos of the salt technique which is what i was planning to attempt buuuuut im a bit nervous, i don't wanna fuck it up too bad. Hairspray technique I'm not very familiar with, I know I've looked it up but I'll get a refresher before I even attempt salt chipping.

I'll try to get some progress pics. Funny thing about doing all the body work/painting is I kinda forget I still have to build the thing.

• 2 weeks later...
. . . d&d life
B)

That's the kit. Yes, i have seen a couple videos of the salt technique which is what i was planning to attempt buuuuut im a bit nervous, i don't wanna fuck it up too bad. Hairspray technique I'm not very familiar with, I know I've looked it up but I'll get a refresher before I even attempt salt chipping.

I'll try to get some progress pics. Funny thing about doing all the body work/painting is I kinda forget I still have to build the thing.

just take your time, it's fun.

The hairspray technique is similar to the salt treatment but different.

Yeah, def post progress pics when you can

• 3 months later...

Just completed a trio of T-55 hull based variants over about the last year, off and on. These kits are by SKIF, a Ukraine company. Not the best fitting or accurately designed kits but the subjects on the box art attracted my attention. I judged a book by it's cover and bought 'em (in this case three books)

BoxArt_SKIF_FAVORIT_T-55C2_zpsq3zrchqr.jpg.073db936284cdc74ca9c862c38821a10.jpg

Painted and marked as a Czech Driver Trainer tank

T-55_FAV-prep_paint_zpsklysxpjf.jpg.c3b417e024ff25cdcb397cf068ba216f.jpg

T-55_FAV-paint-3R4_zpsy1kps5nc.jpg.afb2f05a4d7464a87bae614177e5076a.jpg

FAVORIT_fin_rear_zpsvsgqywzn.jpg.5f6214b026bef5d09874c56f2a2f5f9b.jpg

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

BoxArt_SKIF_Bublina_T-55C1_zpsnsubytd0.jpg.6fdf5aa6b5ee8cb481c93a8a8c3e3326.jpg

Painted and marked for UNMEE service

T-55_readyForPrimer-RF_zpscrlbis8b.jpg.1092948d7f5fb84ad503b17c9a2caaee.jpg

BUBLINA_fin_RHFrt_zpsxyfe4smb.jpg.79bb9185baf5778aa76ba23e73ed0b1d.jpg

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

BoxArt_SKIF_SLAPC-55_zpsqpl5jqs9.jpg.d079aec4760e22b61b3610a43870bebf.jpg

Painted as an SLA APC

T-55_SLAP_ready-primerRR_zpsbjzqhvao.jpg.caabbcda12a3b94704f70d35bf17dfd9.jpg

SLAPC_fin-rs_zpst51m19ur.jpg.bb4a4af41234bf5099ce76ff79139467.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, KILZ FILLZ, I appreciate the kind words.

I couldn't comment there and looked for a thread but this is some interesting work:

http://www.12ozprophet.com/news/bom-k-aerotik-malpa-collection/

The flesh areas are a little rough but the body proportions are on point. Are the 'cap' heads caps or sculpted as well? At 7" these are slightly larger than 1/12 scale

found here:

https://supersonicart.com/post/112149122132/bomk-aerotik-malpa

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliment on the '66 Chevelle Wagon. It was lowered but otherwise a build straight out of the box.

Better shots here: http://forum.12ozprophet.com/threads/models-not-super.82442/page-16#post-7015323

I've recently picked up this '65 Chevelle Superwagon kit but haven't started it yet: http://www.megahobby.com/productimages/amt/AMT701.jpg

soon though…. soon

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a way to preserve the plastic cover to protect the box art of your kits.

List of things that destroy box art:

1) spilled beer and bong water of stupid fckin house mates and their friends.

2) intentionally and malicious casting of spit and paint from a significant other or domestic partner (crazy girlfriends, ok there, I said it).

3) general handling

BoxArtCover_cut1_zpsuokdydhs.jpg.1a0532fcfcc62f130261323df06036fe.jpg

BoxArtCover_cut2_zps7owinvcd.jpg.270ed798f12b8ea7707e2e9742426e89.jpg

BoxArtCover_cut3_zpsjdbbdmmu.jpg.f364884a2a9fac853f9b83604720f6cf.jpg

BoxArtCover_cut4_zpsxgdxc0p1.jpg.e60f02cea6cc4e996bef33153673fb4b.jpg

BoxArtCover_tape_zpsnn35mv8w.jpg.def904273f94606701003184ba415aa5.jpg

BoxArtCover_tape1_zps4g5gymjr.jpg.6957facd3a047a45fc982ce180cb1466.jpg

BoxArtCover_tape2_zpsqvbzlhkq.jpg.d13b1278fefe4ca8a46af228f8452a9f.jpg

BoxArtCover_tape3_zpsi3hhz4av.jpg.c6182363f1b5dcaa8e13683b525bc243.jpg

BoxArtCover_covered_zpswkfagsio.jpg.6a60ebe8dad2ab07f7d12d26b3154b92.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...