models... not super

When

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Which 2n1 kit? I might have an extra body for it.

And it's not laziness, just takes a lot of time

64 impala

went out and looked at it and it wasnt as bad as i remembered. looked thru some cans and found a clear coat, threw on a couple layers and it looks much better. the hood was most fucked up. just got done sanding and priming it. looks better.

2lxdpvk.jpg.c85c5b9fac83b493412973471cd0399e.jpg

im this far. as you can see im not gonna do it too detailed. i havent messed with a model in years so i just wanna knock this one out and if i decide to do another go into detail with that one.

gloss black ext

mango & khaki int

cant decide togo lowrider or stock. maybe a mix of the two.

• Like 1

now back to the Caddy -

There is a seam line that was visible along the top of the front seat. I researched on the web for Cadillac front seats and this seam was never there, so I decided to sand it off, then primer.

th_pintura_frontseat_primer.jpg.2ab3c5545b78355f2b540965ace9855c.jpg

th_frontseat_base_color.jpg.7bad97a254d09d77eb33baf1b9e35713.jpg

the base coat is Rustoleum brown

I want a leather look to the interior. This will be my first attempt at leather in any scale

Last time I built one I used the Airbrush in a can, and shit came out super nice. Worth a try if you're using rattle cans.

This thread inspires me every time.

. . .

I've seen those at the store but never tried using them. Can you regulate the pressure and width of spray? I might have to look into acquiring some of these.

Got any pictures to post of your models?

No pictures unfortunately. Last one I built and took pictures of I posted. It was the 2001 Yamaha R1 and anything other than that is eithr unfinished or in my mind for the time being.

I don't know how you're going to pull off the leather look, but I'd like to see it when it's done..

I want the seats to look like brown leather with a worn but re-conditioned look.

th_frontseat_leather.jpg.700ea166fded421df0f8bbbd413e0fd8.jpg

Started with a Rustoleum base coat brown

th_frontseat_leather_2.jpg.3d27938cd76aa603e472aa67701b6f00.jpg

Then with Model Master Leather, I sketched random lines with a fine brush tip with thinned color on the tip

th_frontseat_leather_3.jpg.02af4d83b91369ca56c03895b3a9f522.jpg

Then followed by the same treatment with Model Master Military Brown in the same sketchy line patterns.

th_frontseat_leather_5.jpg.bd5e4f153c050b77c8b93b4382165305.jpg

Final pass with a dry brush over all with Pactra Khaki

• 4 weeks later...
This thread inspired me to start on this 32 ford model a sedan that ive had sitting in my closet for too many years. This is where im stopping tonight. I broke the tie rod...

_MG_8816.jpg

this is the same chasis i got in my 1967 Shelby GT 500 kit

damn chinese.

edit: fuck i just admitted im a nerd.