models... not super

When

Thanks man. Im really enjoying working on this at night. Helps me wind down before bed, ya know?

i totally agree with this statement.

i did a shelby gt 500 in 2007 - it was a cold winter and i was mad broke going to school. so i racked paints and bought a model.

i never realized how meditative it could be. i think i will buy another model and start, i still have all the paints - Kustom Kolor

kustomkolorgrp.gif

http://www.kustomkolorpaints.com/

and damn it looks like they're collectors items now - they quit making them. its a shame too, look at this shit:

DSC00002.jpg

i have the whole top row it looks like. the bottom row is mostly transparent colors

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I'm still watching it on U Toob... interesting and funny

nsmbfan, yup that is the sht right there. We were in Vegas for Xmess and I went to a LHS (Dansey's Hobbies) and they had them and the aerosol can line on the shelf

BLU and BOATS N HOES, thanks! It was my project for a wagon build off on model car sight

i totally agree with this statement.

i did a shelby gt 500 in 2007 - it was a cold winter and i was mad broke going to school. so i racked paints and bought a model.

i never realized how meditative it could be. i think i will buy another model and start, i still have all the paints . . .

True true

I've been kinda lurking this thread for a bit now. Really like what you guys do, its crazy to have that much patience and dedication. All the pieces look amazing. That wagon up there is unreal. How could i get into this, like places to buy, what kits, and without breaking the bank.

• 2 weeks later...

working on a 66 Riviera right now, first model ever, spent about 35 hours so far. tried to paint it candy green and messed up, had to strip it down twice, 3rd times a charm... i hope... gonna lay down the metallic base again tonight. stoked to post some pics when its done.

yall prolly know about this but, best way to strip paint off a model and not damage it is brake fluid, works amazing. just soak it in there for 5 minutes and scrub off the paint with a old toothbrush.

Is that your chopper build? 1/48 ?

user01, post some pics of the progress as well. The LR version or the stock version?

while we're on the subject of stripping paint off models, I hate plugging commercial products but these also work; PURPLE POWER, CASTROL SUPER CLEAN, and your favorite OVEN CLEANER in this situation

Always wear gloves and eye protection while handling this sht in a well ventilated area

• Like 1

stock kit, i grabbed a whole bunch of shit to get started so im using low pro tires and rims from an impala lowrider kit, shaved the door handles off last night and layed down that metallic base, assembled the rear suspension.

pics very soon, ill try and post something tonight.

hey thanks man,

ya i guess i fucked up, homeboy posed in this pic and i edited it to clown him and posted it in the O RRY thread, bunch of people got all butthurt, now i have 2 bloody tampons, dont think imma be coming back on this site. i deleted my flickr.