models... not super

When

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just building the box one with a couple paint changes. I painted the whole body flat black including the roof.

revell31fordtudor.jpg

Tried building this AMT ERTL '32 Ford last year

th_AMTertl_32_Ford_Phaeton.jpg.96c634d6758cdd3dc42110be3b9855dd.jpg

kit is sht! The interior and roof does not fit the body. The body does not fit the fender assembly. Do not buy, unless you get it free or super cheap because it contains good individual parts

th_KoSprueOne-wip.jpg.bf50b043306cd438159d1df330c759cf.jpg

This is as far as I got with it

th__MG_8817.jpg th__MG_8819.jpg

Most everythings gonna be flat red or flat black. Painting the whitewalls in the back tires flat black, hopefully they will look like drag slicks. Thinking about repainting the grill flat red.

Great looking color scheme going

If the rear tires are vinyl, which I think they are from Revell, you can sand the contact surface area with 250 grit sand paper to get that realistic used effect

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
this series is from the BBC by James May

"was he mental?"

"no he wasn't mental."

giant model plane ftw

maaaan i haven touched that impala i was working on

maybe during winter break

spruce, you ever use airbushes?

a buddy let me borrow one to practice for a project he wanted me todo

but hes about to move to dubai

im thinking of trying to use it with that impala

i would need to use propellant tho

i dont have a compressor.

Thanks for the comment

Oh that's right, you mentioned that Impala some time ago. Build that model. Did you say it would be stock or low low?

I used an airbrush for the Hover Runner for the base coat and oxidized fades. The color is an OSH light green No. 607 6068779, aerosol can. Sprayed into the cap then poured into the airbrush cup. It's already thinned for spraying thru a gun that way.

For propellant, I have a thumper (compressor motor without the tank). For airbrushing, a compressor with a tank is the way to go. There are those propellant cans available though. A bit pricey and don't last very long, and once used don't store very well. If you use it, then keep it warm.

Warm some water in a pot on the stove. Enough volume to submerge the can at least 3/4. Carry the pot to your spray area and keep it in the pot while in use

What kind of airbrush did he leave you with?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the comment

Oh that's right, you mentioned that Impala some time ago. Build that model. Did you say it would be stock or low low?

I used an airbrush for the Hover Runner for the base coat and oxidized fades. The color is an OSH light green No. 607 6068779, aerosol can. Sprayed into the cap then poured into the airbrush cup. It's already thinned for spraying thru a gun that way.

For propellant, I have a thumper (compressor motor without the tank). For airbrushing, a compressor with a tank is the way to go. There are those propellant cans available though. A bit pricey and don't last very long, and once used don't store very well. If you use it, then keep it warm.

Warm some water in a pot on the stove. Enough volume to submerge the can at least 3/4. Carry the pot to your spray area and keep it in the pot while in use

What kind of airbrush did he leave you with?

im gonna do a mix of stock and low rider

kinda like a poor mans low rider haha

ill check out some swap meets or something for a compressor if thats the way to go

its a testors aztek airbrush

i think its plastic

heres a link to it

http://www.amazon.com/Testor-Corp-Aztek-A320-Airbrush/dp/B000BL5Y90