Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

How about I critique it? I have plenty of shit in here to look at. That looks like a bad copy of an old ass Ed Hardy dragon. The scales are terrible, and absolutely wrong. They do not follow the dragon body at all, and the legs/claws are terrible with no real formula to any of this. Try studying real old traditional asian dragon paintings to see what I mean. there's more to this than just sticking it on a canvass and trying to make a buck. Try using something other than a paint marker. I don't have any idea what that fleshy eyeballs with a goatee thing is, but it completely detracts from the painting.

Oh, and I couldn't care less that you sold it. That doesn't make it good. Britney Spears sells lots of records. It doesn't mean she makes good music, it means there's alot of douchebags out there with no taste and some cash.

Same here.

Havnt painted in 3 years here is the first canvas im working on. This is a work in progress almost done or maybe its done never can tell...... Send the Feedback i can take the criticism as i deserve it for taking such a long break.

Triptych

canvas1.jpg

Details

S7300060.jpg

S7300059-1.jpg

Individual Pieces

S7300062.jpg

S7300065.jpg

S7300068.jpg

Poesia!!!!!!! WORD. How have you been man?

Those look nice. Looks like an extension of what you were working on years ago.

I kind of wish the white boxes wre super clean simple white boxes with no drips..possibly very little overspray of white to soften one of the edges....

I think it might help emphasise the abstraction and looseness of the letters. Im a big fan of contrast even in concept.

fullpic.jpg

balloon animals for a friend.

paint_sketch01.jpg

ww2 canvas sketch with a nurse. more on blog. hoping for a bit more then hyped flash art...

http://chrisspade.blogspot.com/

I think you should give her a shirt. Vintage pin ups were hotter because they were such a tease and if you're going for a period feel you should definitely make her more of a tease than a dirt whore.

Also, I know it's a sketch, but the fingers on the hand on the ground look like sausages, and the foot looks akward.

Thanks, after looking at it again i do want to clean up alot of that side of the canvas, its hard to create abstraction sometimes with order. I tried to balance it the white squares, they were actualy rags i esd using i put on there with white paint to make them stick.

Thanks for the feedback, this was just a reaction kind of a familiarity because of the long break in painting. I already have more ideas. Im trying to progress things a bit.

I think you should give her a shirt. Vintage pin ups were hotter because they were such a tease and if you're going for a period feel you should definitely make her more of a tease than a dirt whore.

I did plenty of research.

Perhaps you should look at more nose art.

I was looking at original pieces and found many to be nude. Not just a few.

The guys usually liked their girls to be showing there titties before they flew to their death.

Just because they are nude does not make them dirt whores.

Also, I know it's a sketch, but the fingers on the hand on the ground look like sausages, and the foot looks akward.

Sausages?. They are sketches. The foot will not change much.

please.