apparently some of you aren't listening...

seeking

Guest sneak

how long will it take for all these changes to come into play? i mean are we talking the kinda time it takes the UK government to sort out stuff like the trains etc, or much shorter?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Re: cuz i like what i had to say:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

i agree

so what should the crew do? edit out the posts that dont "add" anything intelligent to the discussion? does that scream "censorship"? i dont know. its not a rhetorical question, i am asking all of you...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have faith that crew can figure out the difference between a worthless post and something thats not entirely on topic, but still funny. Seeking made the comment about knowing what "worthless" threads can actually become something and the ones that are truly worthless and are obviously there just to up the post count. Which...I still think is a good idea to make the post count invisible. Being able to see your count kinda encourages some people to make an extra 20 posts in one day...just so they can become a member. Out of sight...out of mind.

exactly, out of site out of mine, some people on here have only been on for months and already have more posts than someone that rigisterd a year ago. i too think the hidden post count is a good idea and make it visible when you reach a certain high number to make it known your not a new smartass

as i said '47 warnings' was a bit of an exageration, and a generalization. i should have made it higher, then perhaps you would have gotten the sarcasm. "we've given kids 4,000 warnings'. make more sense now? the point was that the people who were doing it, knew they were doing it, and knew where it was gonna get them.

yall motherfuckers are paranoid as hell! one useless post doesnt equal spamming. 50 doesnt. it's posting 50 times a day, and saying nothing, that is the problem. if you contribute anything at all, of any relivence, then its all good. yall need to chill, for real. again, just use common sense.

intangable,

dude, see, you were buying into the hype. i've always done 'traditional stuff', i just took a bit of a detour for a few years. i still 'experiment' with 'wacky' shit, but for the most part, ive been painting alot more simple, straight letter stuff. it's just been alot more fun lately. anyway, thanks for liking it or something.

Originally posted by seeking

another idea we've been tossing around, is to break up channel zero and create one or possibly two more sections.

one would be for art/design/intelligent conversations, and perhaps another one devoted just to movies and music.

by doing that it would shield alot of people, from alot of the ignorance that swirls around our ankles like a cess pool. i'm afraid it might kind of turn the remaining section of channel zero into a nearly unbearable pit of ignorance, much like the 'yard' but what can you do?

anyone have any feelings on that? ideas?

I like that movie music idea..never been to the yard so i dunno.

another idea we've been tossing around, is to break up channel zero and create one or possibly two more sections.

one would be for art/design/intelligent conversations, and perhaps another one devoted just to movies and music.

by doing that it would shield alot of people, from alot of the ignorance that swirls around our ankles like a cess pool. i'm afraid it might kind of turn the remaining section of channel zero into a nearly unbearable pit of ignorance, much like the 'yard' but what can you do?

This would destruct the balance of Channel Zero. What would this place be without the little fuckers to remind yourself of how much the world is ignorant, lazy, and unbelievably narrow-minded? I have been coming back to this site for GOD only knows what reason (Pics of Hot Girls?) for a while now and just love to see these idiots who believe their 12ozprophet status might actually make them more popular. In all actuallity I don't care, but keep me informed of where all the pics of hot girls are.. :D

Guest Propaganda

Personally I like coming to Channel Zero just not for the topics, but there humor, agruments, and little jokes people bring around in this forum. It catches my eye and makes me read a little bit more or coming back to the a certain point of the threads. Like certain faces that NOUM postes is pretty funny. Why? At times it goes with the topic or comment the previous person had already said. Yea just posting faces everywhere is dumb but sometimes times brings in the enlightenment of the topic.

Yea guess banning people solves it for that day or week but I think removing their IP address would help even more if it became a bother. Tho this is only channel zero, I only see the problems going around in just here. Not anywhere else in the Site forum. And those areas are probably more serious cause that deals with graff. This area doesn't really at all so people will come down to this area and fool around for fun cause they can't do it no where else I guess.

i don't like this idea. ive been to acouple other online forums and when i have too many sections to look through i normally go to just one section and look at the first couple topics then leave and never come back, no matter how interesting the first couple topics were.

i figured this day would come. anyway, i don't like the idea of breaking channel zero up into sections, i'd rather see channel zero become a live chat, that way you don't have to deal with cleaning up the site, just boot people. obviously, mods can't sit around all day and delete posts/threads and kick people off, and it won't solve anything by doing that. we'll still have dumb threads, annoying people, etc. if mods started booting people for saying dumb shit, i don't think they'd have anyone at 12oz anymore. shit happens.

hopefully the mods will come up with a good idea and raven will send me free stuff from fourthehardway just for being an alaskan albino snow gorilla.

Originally posted by :rude::bwoy:

leesten to de jungaleest mastah rude bwoy, seen. de beatz be mahseeve. shake tat ting mees girl-a girl-a. dey rude bwoy flava ees what-a yoo crave-a. beeg up.

biddy bye-bye-bye....

no, seriously...a live chat would replace the old soulseek room....

actually, one guy making two posts, after 5 pages of intelligent dialogue is a miracle. and with the combined miracle of modern technology, i hit one button and every post he ever made dissapears, leaving everyone from this point on to say 'ummm, i dont get it, what are they talking about'.

seeks/woooo hooooo

fuck live chat.

i mean, have live chat, but dont turn ch0 into live chat. im not good at spur of the moment conversations on the internet. im much better at being able to think out my response. with live chat i would respond 5 minutes later and everyone wouldn't know what the fuck i was talking about.

i actually like the idea of splitting channel zero into 2 different sections. One flor the more "artistic intellectual" side of things and then one for the "hahaha guess what happened to me today" side of things. I thinhk that this would be a good way to keep every one happy as long as the more serious kids didnt start posting in the happy go lucky kids threads. As long as people stay on topic though they are going to remain curious as to what is going on and drop by both sections, i would hope.

that'll be all

I think that splitting Channel Zero is a good idea. While it is a valid point that the diversity is part of the appeal, watching good topics get bumped to page four because there is a bunch trash circulating definitely sucks. If it where split into sub categories (by say, those below and those above an 8th grade reading level), the diversity would still be there, and good topics would get both the air time they deserve and the attention of people interested in the general area or level of discussion. With that said, I have seen boards that have 15+ topic areas, and none of them are ever active because they have all been made too specific, so there is definitely a balance to it.

The chatroom idea is not a good one; enjoying those as passtime is beyond me. Thank god for the better judgement of the mods.

I also think that a user-controled status system would be an excellent idea so long as a method to curb abuse was thought up (I have none). Having a status system is a factor in how I view the user whose post I happen to be reading from time to time. If they have been here for a short period of time, and are already veteran status, I know that they are most likely a bag of hot air with little worthwhile to say. If they have been around for three years, and have a relatively small post count, then I can assume they think before they run their mouths in here.

Originally posted by Don't Panic

If they have been here for a short period of time, and are already veteran status, I know that they are most likely a bag of hot air with little worthwhile to say. If they have been around for three years, and have a relatively small post count, then I can assume they think before they run their mouths in here.

i agree...i have been here since june of 2001...i still have less than 600 posts.

terraryzer was here for about 4 months and he had way over 1000...

that sort of puts it in perspective...i guess kids think that making worthless, irrelavant comments whenever they have a chance wil make them popular on an internet board.

perhaps moderators should "promote" members who they believe add something to the board, whether it be knowledge, humor, whatever...i dont know, just giving you guys ideas.

i heart you guys:love:

Originally posted by splint2

...i guess kids think that making worthless, irrelavant comments whenever they have a chance wil make them popular on an internet board...

it actually does though, just like ups in graffiti if your up all over the place...in a short time...whether it looks good or not...people are gonna notice

Originally posted by Daze One Million

it actually does though, just like ups in graffiti if your up all over the place...in a short time...whether it looks good or not...people are gonna notice

"Hey there is that one post whore that reminds me of mosquitoes at the lake."

.......bbbbbbuzzzzzzzzznnnnnnnnnnNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnNNNNnnnn.....

Originally posted by splint2

perhaps moderators should "promote" members who they believe add something to the board, whether it be knowledge, humor, whatever...i dont know, just giving you guys ideas.

This is a good idea. This other forum I go to, has a rating system. And people that have good ratings show more stars (1-5) next to their name. To keep it from getting too b.s.ish the moderators could choose who is allowed to vote. That way, there's not people registering ten accounts and voting for themselves.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

This is a good idea. This other forum I go to, has a rating system. And people that have good ratings show more stars (1-5) next to their name. To keep it from getting too b.s.ish the moderators could choose who is allowed to vote. That way, there's not people registering ten accounts and voting for themselves.

and the people who dont like you would vote against you...and you could do nothing about it...shitty. I dont trust my peers to vote on anything...not even who runs our country.

Archived