apparently some of you aren't listening...

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh..that start sytem is b.s. i think you need to split up members by there status..Rookies..Members..Jr...and so on..certain members could only go some places..might be less trouble if you have just elite talking and posting with elites..just a thought..

you guys are going a bit too far with it, and forgetting the whole point of this site.

we have no interest in penalizing people simply because they are new. you're forgetting that there is a whole site, besides this one topic, that people post in. most of them never even venture in here. to limit their abilities not be in anyones best interest.

the only limited status will be those on 'probation' and that will be because they fucked up, not becuse they are new.

the member status, as ive always envisioned it, would be a very small scale thing that was handed out as deserved and would be based mostly on graffiti, not on being a real cool guy in channel zero. and im not saying they would all have to be kings, just people that have displayed that they know what they are talking about.

it might not be the answer to all of our problems, but im just hoping that if will ive those people who care about status, and posts, reason to be intelligent.

but again i stress these are just ideas...

Just give me one whole day with this site i bet any amount of money i'll straighten things up..i won't get all happy with the ban button altho there is a few people that needs a spot check..lets swich places seek...no really..

Originally posted by NOUM

Eh..that start sytem is b.s. i think you need to split up members by there status..Rookies..Members..Jr...and so on..certain members could only go some places..might be less trouble if you have just elite talking and posting with elites..just a thought..

So then said fucktards can post three thousand posts in a day and be elite? and then a "rookie" whose been here for say three years and has actual worthwhile contributions gets to mingle with other fucktards?

---flaw---

Im sympathetic to what TT says even if it is harsh, well say if it is a known fucktard i.e. someone that was told constantly to stop being a little shit then that should be the first button pressed..Bring the hammer down!

Originally posted by Kilo7-

in the future, if someone's being a fool I will hit the warn button.

hey if you catch me bein a fool for some odd reason, please don't hit the warn button. Just let me know. I don't want to be on probation ever again.;)

Originally posted by old*824

yeah what TT said....

just condemn them. dont make extra work foryourself.

But you never know that extra work might turn out to be some of the hottest shit you ever seen..not just for those who are watching but those who its done to..for a while atleast..

Originally posted by yoink

So then said fucktards can post three thousand posts in a day and be elite? and then a "rookie" whose been here for say three years and has actual worthwhile contributions gets to mingle with other fucktards?

---flaw---

Im sympathetic to what TT says even if it is harsh, well say if it is a known fucktard i.e. someone that was told constantly to stop being a little shit then that should be the first button pressed..Bring the hammer down!

Point taken but i don't agree with what TT said..

condemning people is actually a bit of a process, its alot more difficult than the one push of a button that is banning. also, with condemning people, we always run into problems with other users getting accidentally blocked, by virture of being on the same root.

but dont be fooled, if it was simply up to me, i would be banning whole continents. luckily for many people however, it is not.

Originally posted by seeking

if it was simply up to me, i would be banning whole continents.

they're hardly a 'continent'. More like just a big island.

no matter if its online or not, there should be some semblance of thought before action. no reason it should be such a democracy of peers. take control and ban the violators. easy to say. i'm def a newbie to this board...but its just an extension to the other boards i frequent. trying to mod everyone gets annoying and overwhelming, but if someone is obviously just being a fucking whore, i'll ban them. well, actually, we have a three strikes thing going on. third strike, they are out. rarely do we allow peeps back. exceptions are people that have been away for a while. we'll warrant the idea that maybe time away has lent some maturity to their online actions. usually though, they tend to ostracize themselves, given enough rope, eh?

def tough call. whatever you decide... props.

:n

There are a lot of different things to do on this site that don't include channel zero. Just because some one fucks up in one forum doesn't mean that they maybe don't contribute to one of the others. There are people that definately deserve to be banned or condemned but i was wondering if it would be a possibilty to just block certain users from coming back to certain forums for a period of time once they really fuck up.

Just an Idea

I really like the 5 stars idea that kilo mentioned..I have seen other message boards that have that...The only flaw with that is that if you give the people the right to hurt each other they will destroy each other. With the losing of stars thing I feel it should be left up to the mods to determine the rating of a given member through thier warnings and thier post content...Given this rating system I feel that people should be given access to different area's of the site given that they are invited in by other members in those threads.

Also I nominate TT Boy for mod.

I hope this all made sense because I typed it all up while I was talking on the phone

Guest sneak

seeking...

if your going to have new statuses to do with graff, may i strongly recomend one for the people who post quality flicks constantly....

*idea of the century*

Originally posted by ARCEL

i thought he owned the server, rather than rented space ?

when you get a minute try and price out a t-1 line, and 5 servers. not to mention routers, extra hard drives every few months, tech support on ocassion and everything else that goes into it.

not cheap.

well, I will be the first to say I appreciate it. as sad as it seems, sometimes 12oz is one of the only things that keeps me sane.

I would be willing to pay a small few dollars each month to be a member. A monthly fee of 3 bucks from each member could keep things rolling.

Originally posted by seeking

another idea discussed is to create new 'user groups' that are not based on posts. for some god-unknown reason, people care alot about their post count, as if saying alot has anything to do with saying alot worth hearing. with the new status, we would manually give it to people who we feel deserve it. it would give new people a much clearer understanding of who the 'respected' people are, and who the 100post a day sacks of shit are. personally, im a huge fan of this one, but as of yet, we've been unable to decide upon it.

That was my idea...also the having to ok new users thing.

Originally posted by Zack Morris

Also I nominate TT Boy for mod.

I agree.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

well, I will be the first to say I appreciate it. as sad as it seems, sometimes 12oz is one of the only things that keeps me sane.

I would be willing to pay a small few dollars each month to be a member. A monthly fee of 3 bucks from each member could keep things rolling.

Same here Ethread.

**I also nominate TT for mod..altho some of his ideas are a bit harsh.**

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

tease: turn off the signatures in your profile. problem solved.

am i understanding that the majority of 12ozers, especially old timers, are tired of the ramblin and useless bullshit? like seeking has said, the problem is once crew starts to trim off the bullshit peole cry favoritism/censorship bullshit...

Archived