The Babble

Al Green

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imported_sofarok
Originally posted by beardo

am i the only one whose browser gets fucked up by whatever host chicken bone or babblelon is using?

nope happens to me to, i get round it by using netscape instead of IE...

heavy supports Mozilla. better flash support then Netscrap, and Safari...

If IE only tabbed, and had better image support...

although i highly recommend, if you cant see the flick on the web, going to see it in person.

i think some people (sonic) use what they have

available at the time to do they' do. Bit theres a

90% chance of me not know shit about shit having

never met him, or you or you... or you!

There's some great stuff being posted. I wish I had some stuff to add. Alas... I'm a nerd who takes no photos.

> GOOD stuff.

But what's up with that Sonik? Is it "cool" to make it appear you have never painted before?<

I don't know that what Sonik is going for is a level of cool. Personally, I think he's going for truth in his work. You may find it silly but chances are he finds it rewarding. And really, that's all that matters at the end of the day. Wouldn't you agree?

as far as i understand soniks work is pretty pure.. if anything it communicates directly through the act of play in art. I feel that his work is successful in opening up a broader audience into accepting "graffiti" especially with its use of childlike playfulness and non threatening themes. Its important to address soniks use of cultural writing,folk narrative, travel/journey and context are super super important...before to quickly summing up his work....( i have to admit the flic i posted doesnt do any justice to what i just said)

i have much much respect for his work. and once i get around to it ill post some fotos of his stuff. if not.. go to his website.

joker im just going to keep nagging you to contribute.... please dont make me nag..

hevscibbles....email me guy.. before it gets too cold.

-bobbylocks. ;)

And really, that's all that matters at the end of the day. Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah I agree. I'm probably thinking too hard about it.

I actually really enjoy most of Sonik's stuff. This one intrigues me also. I assume he's just trying to take graffiti back to it's roots, to cut away all the fancy tricks and techniques and write his name for fun without all the history that the graffit culture has built up for itself. I think it's ugly, but sometimes ugly is good. It can make you think alot more than something that is just being pretty for pretty's sake. BUT, let's not all start doing this. Regression is not a trend I like to see happen often. Paint for fun, but push what you are capable of in all avenues. na mean:mexican:

Guest chicken bone
Originally posted by BROWNer

hmm, that brown argyle cloth looks familiar!

Yeah it should! You are correct.

And beardo i'll try to find another server or maybe i'll just delete the post.

I wish I had time to draw more... School just destroys any free time I have.

Brain farts and blood clots.

Guest im not witty

so much of this stuff wont load for me. i dont get red x's or anything. i just get a lagging screen full of grey. my connection is fine, whats the dilly. i know im missing out on so much dope shit

Constant Full Frontal

Originally posted by briefnudity

yo mingus/bob, whats up with a zine??? is that the word on the street?

The zine is to be called - that crew name that Moter and I came up with and have agreed to use together - some sort of twist off of that. So Brief Nudity I'm guessingyou're Moter? If not let me in on who you are so we can sort.

A note about the attached image

just some junk I did for my brother