movies you dont recommend...

DorkstaR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a thread like this before. Fuck it, I think this one's older.

greenstreethooligans_l200509281735.jpg

Alright. This is a movie about slobs who meet in parking lots after sporting events and beat the ginger-piss snacks out of one another. Re-read that. Okay, now here's the problem: they're serious. Am I fucking drooling-malted-catshit-on-myself retarded or HAVE I ALREADY SEEN THIS EPISODE OF SOUTHPARK?

The_Dreamers_movie.jpg

Firstly: Any time I see this movieposter or boxcover I automatically give it the Larry David grill-down. You know how sometimes you'll be browsing amazon.com, or some bullshit movie site, and, somewhere towards the bottom or off to the side, there will be a set of links to lists of 'best unknown movies of all time' or 'most awesomest college student protest drama set in 1946 France movies ever!' where, in addition to seeing the movie poster, you can read the synopsis or browse reviews if you're so inclined? Then sometimes you click the links and read the reviews and try to tell yourself 'Hey, maybe these aren't a bunch of over-the-top cornballs and maybe they actually know what they're talking about. After all, a lot of film snob-types did go to school for this shit, so they might know something about good movies that I don't. Yeah, I should take a chance.' So then you go out of your way to see some stupid fucking movie about brother-and-sister 'romantics' in France, and a sheltered American boy who wanders into their lives, and how they talk about Jerry Louis during a time of social unrest. Oh yeah, and then they fuck each other. Yeah. Incest. Lots of incest, but it's okay. Because they're romantics. In a time. Of social. Unrest. ...in France. Don't get me wrong, there are some crucial titties in this movie, but don't go out of your way to, you know, accidentally watch it just for those.

yes, but the 'b' generally denotes low production values and schlocky writing and acting... right?

sometimes there's the highbrow b-movie... Repo Man, for instance... but that's another animal entirely.

not directed at anyone in particular:

i don't like these 'not recommended' threads. if you're the sort of individual who's inclined to see this stuff, you're probably making bad decisions across the board... like writing graffiti and buying limited edition sneakers. your kind congregate in these threads, and make lists of things that are so clearly steaming piles. i don't see the sense.

The_Dreamers_movie.jpg

Firstly: Any time I see this movieposter or boxcover I automatically give it the Larry David grill-down. You know how sometimes you'll be browsing amazon.com, or some bullshit movie site, and, somewhere towards the bottom or off to the side, there will be a set of links to lists of 'best unknown movies of all time' or 'most awesomest college student protest drama set in 1946 France movies ever!' where, in addition to seeing the movie poster, you can read the synopsis or browse reviews if you're so inclined? Then sometimes you click the links and read the reviews and try to tell yourself 'Hey, maybe these aren't a bunch of over-the-top cornballs and maybe they actually know what they're talking about. After all, a lot of film snob-types did go to school for this shit, so they might know something about good movies that I don't. Yeah, I should take a chance.' So then you go out of your way to see some stupid fucking movie about brother-and-sister 'romantics' in France, and a sheltered American boy who wanders into their lives, and how they talk about Jerry Louis during a time of social unrest. Oh yeah, and then they fuck each other. Yeah. Incest. Lots of incest, but it's okay. Because they're romantics. In a time. Of social. Unrest. ...in France. Don't get me wrong, there are some crucial titties in this movie, but don't go out of your way to, you know, accidentally watch it just for those.

co-fucking-signed. this movie sucked the left one and hard. the tits. not so good. and the tit to wang ratio was way above no homo status. seriously, dont watch this.

Archived