The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So a few weeks ago I went on a walk, mainly to get 1 or 2 pictures to use for the flash portfolio I'm designing and ended up getting a bunch so I thought I'd share the results with all of you and see what you guys think. I had to use my mom's sony cybershot 5mp so I did what I could with what I had available to me. Here's a few of the better ones at higher quality than in the gallery:

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

The first three were taken with the lens of the cam down between a sewer grate

DSC00639.jpg

Sand bunker around my neighborhood (rained last night) nothing's done to this pic to make it look how it does too which really surprised me.

DSC00642.jpg

One of the holes of the golf course as I was on my way walking back.

DSC00649.jpg

Taken in my backyard - I saw the sky through my basement window and ran upstairs to take advantage, turned out well.

I like how most of em turned out, even with no photography training and what little equpiment I had available at my disposal. Once I get a digicam for my birthday/christmas I plan to do a lot of work getting better w/the camera and all. Some of them (the ones where it's just a bunch of bushes and branches) were taken too late because the camera is slow as shit in-between shots.

None of them were edited or had anything done to em in photoshop or the like other than being resized and rotated on some of em.

Rest of them are available here in full photo gallery glory:

http://www.lasalle.edu/~aherns1/phototrip/index.htm

-geist

Originally posted by -Rage-@Dec 12 2004, 06:48 PM

PLEASE resize next time.

Keep the pics UNDER 700px wide.

kthx.

:burn:

Sorry, will do. And yea, the sony DSC worked out well, the only thing I was complaining about was the time in-between shots being so high and it being so lightweiight and flimsy yanno?

I'm actually getting a Sony 717 by the end of the week so we'll see what I can get from that beast :love2:

-geist

rage, lookin to get into poloraid, looks fun to play around with, any suggestions for starting out? or a good starter camera

anyone ever fuck around with 110 film? my pharamcist was tellin me about he has 110 slr, which i think i might get and fuck around with as well

he also made me want to smash my new camera when he brought me his eos 10d to fuck around with, that shit was so nice....

Originally posted by onesecondple@Dec 13 2004, 06:05 AM

rage, lookin to get into poloraid, looks fun to play around with, any suggestions for starting out? or a good starter camera

anyone ever fuck around with 110 film? my pharamcist was tellin me about he has 110 slr, which i think i might get and fuck around with as well

he also made me want to smash my new camera when he brought me his eos 10d to fuck around with, that shit was so nice....

the 110 polaroid is an old ass camera..i dont think they make film for it anymore...but i heard you can modify it to take pack film.

i would just go to any thrift store and pick up any 600 film camera that works. autofocus ones are especially good for beginning.

wait, are you talking 110 regular film or polaroid film? if it's regular film don't waste your money. Its shitty quality and becoming increasingly difficult to have processed. And APS(advantix) is the same, shitty quality and just overall dumb.

Rage-

I would like to inform you that last night I ordered a pack of 84 film and a pack of 87 film. I'm rocking the square shooter later this week.

Originally posted by -Rage-@Dec 3 2004, 08:52 PM

<s>Tesseract</s>

<s>MrChupacabra</s>

<s>PoopManBob</s>

<s>ilovedrunk</s>

<s>SteveAustin</s>

<s>!@#$%</s>

<s>fermentor666</s>

$360

hyrax

ese

Ok.

So now it's in $360's hands.. or soon will be.

hyrax and ese, you guys still around?

I'm going to be making a list for Round Two of AA'sPPA.

I need to go back in this thread and see who missed out.

I know BROWNer and jbrsh...