The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by thecarwreck+Nov 18 2005, 04:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecarwreck - Nov 18 2005, 04:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ckit@Nov 18 2005, 11:20 AM

just got a job working for a newspaper, good deal too.  i get paid and i get unlimited freeeeeeeee paper, chemicals and film.  anyone ever work for a paper before and could give me some tips?  its a weekly if that matters any.

I'm doing some freelancing for a weekly now... it's weird. I don't know your location but I think the big city weeklies are bound to be better than this little one. It's alright I guess, as long as you don't mind assignments (that might not always be interesting: like election coverage). Free supplies though, that's totally worth it.

[/b]

yea the assignments have been sort of dull. morstly profiles and speaker ones. but the speakers have been awesome so far. last one was for rober fisk, an amazing very well known war journalist. so i do get to see some great events that i never even knew took place previously.

its been so fucking long since i posted shit here.

setracks2.jpg

thebroiler.jpg

these are part of a article im doing for the DC City Paper, about how Southside is turning into a police state. this guy got arrested for drinking a beer infront of his house, which just happened to be infront of a police "checkpoint".

arrest1.jpg

arrest2.jpg

work i am doing for a indie label:

photos of mine that are getting used for CDs, mixtapes, Posters etc:

drocd.jpg

bewareLOGO.jpg

BEWARECDBACK.jpg

fredom.jpg

Nice guys.

ese and SA (hahaha, that made me laugh), haven't seen you two in a while. Good additions.

As for me.

I didn't take many pictures in D.C.

In fact, I didn't take ANY while IN D.C. Just some of my friend Patti and some dogs.

5.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

16.jpg

I was too busy getting wasted or sleeping.

thanks guys...

rage...shits been hectic...I'm one hell of a busy man, but rest assured...I've been working my ass off. I've got lots of photos to eventually get posted up. show in Atlanta went well. did we ever work anything out regarding a group show?

shit...gotta go...got a plane to catch.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob@Nov 23 2005, 05:50 PM

Is Patti your twin sister? It looks like she's dressed up as Rage for Halloween.

Haha, no.

She's just a cool friend from my college days.

I gave her one of my new AA hats. Apparently her friend stole her other one.

She happened to be in D.C. for a couple weeks and I hadn't seen her in two years. A good time was had.

Despite not taking many photos.

SteveA, the rest are great also.

Please tell me what you think of the photograph's attached below:

Any feedback would be good, either positive or negative... (preferably positive)...

In this series of photograph's I have used a long exposure period time set on B setting .. I have only used the natural available light present in the subject and havnt used any flash to enhance the image.. The use of a tripod also helps a bit ...

Enjoy people!

bone18jr.jpg

bone28qc.jpg

bone53nq.jpg

bone62ru.jpg

bone95ih.jpg

bone88in.jpg

bone31zd.jpg

bone70pv.jpg

bone42jw.jpg

:)

A) I suggest you post these in the Photography Thread, where they should be.

You'd get more views and replies.

B) They are okay.

I think they are lacking more light.

Use a tripod more. Some of them look as though they were hand held.

Try using a flash gun rather than some flashlights, if you have access to one.

Also, try lighting more than one corner.

Set the Bulb, walk around, light shit up. Just be sure not to put yourself between the light source and camera or your silloutte will be in the way.