The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by keepitblank@Dec 10 2005, 04:20 AM

lots and lots of really great stuff here. inspirational for sure.

before i get some photos up, ive got a few questions.

how do you film guys (35mm) transfer your stuff into the digital realm?

ive got a pretty cheap scanner, but it does have a film attachment that will let you scan film. am i better off scanning the film, or just getting the film developed down at cvs and having them put it on a cd? (the people at my local cvs are clueless and only charge me a couple bucks to have like 4 rolls developed and put on a cd).

at the current moment, i unfortunately do not have access to a darkroom. what do you guys do in this situation? i know some places, like best buy, are pretty shitty when it come to color correctness and what not? and tips on where to get my film developed?

thanks in advance, and sorry for the lack of photos, but ill get some up soon.

ha ha i work at a cvs photolab. yea thats what i do i just go in with my negatives and put them on a CD.

JJC: i just started shooting photography like a month or two ago and i dont have a flash yet, any one have any suggestions?

Originally posted by -Rage-@Dec 11 2005, 08:24 PM

Carwreck, you mentioned heading down to Philly for a photo trip?

yeah man, i've been wanting to shoot for a while but grading papers has taken over my life. but now i'm finished and can actually do stuff again. i'm down for whatever... i think it'd be dope to get all the PA heads together somehow... i don't know what'd we'd shoot or where'd we go, but it'd still be cool. if anyone's down, let me know.

i'm feeling those old photos too. i LOVE old stuff like that... went through my grandma's boxes of photos a few months ago and stocked up. i'll have to scan them.

glad you all enjoyed the old photos - ill post more - im guessing you want me to post in the other thread tho??

JJC - the pictures belong to my great uncle, the 2nd one is a christmas card someone sent to him (i have no idea who the people are) but when i was looking through the photos i couldnt beleive how well they came out...

i will def. post more later

plus im down for a phototrip just let me know in advance so i can call out of work - i need some exposure to photographers cus i dont even know anyone whos into it.. so im definately down ..

i know a pretty chill abandoned spot in philly but people have been gettin robbed there since the last time i went - and the cops will mess wit you so i dont think its really a good idea - we gotta come up wit something tho

Originally posted by thecarwreck+Dec 12 2005, 03:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (thecarwreck - Dec 12 2005, 03:06 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin--Rage-@Dec 12 2005, 01:25 PM

carwreck, did you just try to call my cell?

haha.. yeah, accidentally. sorry about that. new phone and i have no idea how to use the thing yet.

[/b]

I figured that's what it was.

Haha.

I'm free part of Monday the 19th and the 23rd.

Not much, but hey, it's December.

Originally posted by thecarwreck@Oct 13 2005, 01:15 PM

52188639_d9cd41c42a.jpg

I recently went to a whole gallery full of stuff like this.

The photographer was obsessed with this division of sky and sea/land.

I more liked his early work which looked like these really smooth gradients over entire expanses of about 30 inches.

The gradients almost looked computer generated.

-fuse.

thanks man. that's upstate NY for you... farms and hay. no cows though. unfortuantely, my lens was dirty as all hell for that.... i really need to get some filters on the thing.

i'm thinking it'll be the new year before we can do the PA thing... it's so damn cold and holidays are taking over. i definitely want to shoot some snow stuff though.

That's all in-camera magic, no photoshop. Well, the sky was pretty blue but the D70 has variable color saturation settings that can get bumped up (the equivalent of shooting crazy saturated film like Velvia or Kodak UC). I was/am a huge fan of really vibrant film so I figure running these settings is the closest I'll get to shooting Kodachrome in digital.... for now.

Just for a little comparison, this is Kodachrome's green:

parkbench.jpg

and red:

vase.jpg