Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrChupacabra

The Photography Thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GnomeToys+Jun 5 2005, 09:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GnomeToys - Jun 5 2005, 09:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-saraday@Jun 4 2005, 05:18 PM

i dug up these from last year..

b315d359143b27142bb7fd43a14fd01a0_full.jpg

Sorry sara, but I was incapable of resisting this:

moshzillabreak.jpg

[/b]

YES!

you rock!

a few from yesterday

CRW_1982.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

CRW_1991.jpg

CRW_1994.jpg

CRW_2040.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

duetone2.jpg

im not real sure about the duotones. would look better in b&w i think.

I like that first one Napalm, I forget which camera you had, but is that an IR shot?

Here's mine from today. The Rat Lab:

IMG04210.jpg

IMG04201.jpg

IMG04206.jpg

IMG04202.jpg

Walking:

IMG04220.jpg

IMG04212.jpg

IMG04216.jpg

IMG04218.jpg

Originally posted by GnomeToys@Jun 6 2005, 01:20 AM

I like that first one Napalm, I forget which camera you had, but is that an IR shot?

Canon 20-D. thats just been converted to b&w and some glow added :) thanks

Originally posted by dosoner@Jun 4 2005, 02:09 PM

duetone4.jpg

great image. i think you could exploit that s curve with a vertical crop tho. but those tones just fit with image

Originally posted by dosoner@Jun 6 2005, 01:10 AM

a few new frames from today:

IMG_2191.jpg

i'm really liking this one (the one below it too)... i think the white is a little hot though and it takes away from the whole right side of the image. try pumping up the shadow detail a little while cooling that white down. maybe crop the dumpsters out too... they add too much humanity to the shot (fuck, what an arty thing to say).

other hot stuff in here too... i have to take a longer look though after work...

hey all..

ESP was awesome.Thanks for the passes firefirepantspants..can't wait to see those viewfinder prints. that camera was crazy..

rage- Nice Flicks!

sorry i never called about sunday. i had to go pick up a sketch book in the morning and we ended up leaving philly around 2 anyway. you find anything good at the camera show? anyhow, thanks for the passaround. your pages were SICK. i'm gonna try to get it out soon.i'll throw a couple of packs in the box for the rest of the squad..

anyway here's a couple flicks. i have more to scan and digitals to upload as well. i think i shot a roll of tmax as well.

philly is fun.

17842882_a020935cb4_o.jpg

17842880_6ceee79158_o.jpg

17842881_62e28b1cf2_o.jpg

17842883_c8b3d09eb3_o.jpg

Damn dude, those are great!

Glad you like the book so far.

You can see why I put off sending out a week early.

For me the camera show was a bust.

I wasn't in there for more than 15 minutes.

Barely ANY Polaroids. The only ones I found, I already have.

I did find a nice Self Timer for the automatic land cameras for $3.

That would have come in hand for ESP and to send with the PPAv2.

Oh well.

Peanut, those are great.

They're very textured.

Digital or Print?

Originally posted by -Rage-+Jun 3 2005, 08:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Rage- - Jun 3 2005, 08:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>p162.jpg

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-jbrshmonster@Jun 6 2005, 05:54 PM

17877528_b7f4de7905_o.jpg

Haha, kind of hard to be unique when we're all photographing the same things.

About Shooting at ESP>>

ESP exclusively has my school do all their photo work so we get to go for free. Each November there is the annual trip there to just run a muck and take photos. I went for the first time in November(Save Terror Behind the Walls a few times...) I was really excited about it. The Chair both Jbrsh and Rage shot was the first thing I shot. Later in the day as I walked by it again there were literally five kids shoving to get in there to shoot. My school has been doing this for years and seeing other people's work is really disenchanting, there is only so much you can do that hasn't been done before. Last time I went I shot a good 8 rolls of film, most of them being bizarre macro shots of various textures just to submit something different.

The second time around I only wanted to use my viewcamera, which I pretty much did, but I still got your average shots. I've kinda lost a lot of interest in photographing the place(Its a shame, I was hired to be an assistant for a shoot there june 24th, blah.) But yeah, its realllyyyyyyy fun the first time around if you don't go to my school.

I'll go back again but probably to take the audio tour or if someone pays for me to go to Terror Behind the Walls.

Originally posted by jbrshmonster@Jun 6 2005, 01:43 PM

17842883_c8b3d09eb3_o.jpg

fuck yes. what are the specs on that?

and those little cats are creepy.

regarding ESP.... I've been wanting to go for years now but never made it down for whatever reason. Shooting there seems like it would be crazy fun but I can totally see what you mean about it getting played out. Jesus, if I have to see one more picture of the Bethlehem Steel blast furnaces up here... fuck.

But for some reason I've started to love shooting the shit that's just been totally overdone... all the places that EVERYONE shoots. I think it forces me to work to find a really good shot that hasn't been done. It's like the polar opposite of the sentimental "I found this secluded place that no one knows about" shots you see all over the online galleries like flikr or whatever. I mean, the novelty is gone so you don't have to worry about that factoring into the image, if that makes sense.

yeah, 667, around a second, hand held... and a little level adjustment in ps..

i dont know why i even brought my tripod. im so lazy.

as for shooting the same place, i liked how we were all confined to the same spot and then you get to see how other people see the same place.. although im sure we have at least 5 or 6 of the same exact thing..

also those are nice peanut..