The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

joker if your camera has a "timer" you could always carefully set your camera on a tripod (or other makeshift flat surface) and use the timer setting... keep in mind your camera wont be attatched to the tripod or camera holder device.. that way your camera will be sitting still (without you touching it) when the shutter opens... the only thing is... youll only be able to shoot "landscape" styled shots.. unless you can get your camera to balance on the small topheavy side... and you prolly cant angle the tripod much or your camera will slide right off... its just a comment on an idea.. i never said it was a good one... the timer thing i use all the time for macro shots.. thats all i got really

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll look into both. I originally bought the camera I have now to just take photos of canvas work and other ar related interests. Come to realize I actually enjoy taking photographs. Too late to buy into something more geared to that interest. So I was just looking for information in ways to "upgrade" mine while I have it. The camera I'm using is a Sony DSC-T1... it's really nice and I like all the things I can do with it but now with my interests swaying a little, in the future I'll go for something more photographer minded.

Anyway, here's some photos from last weekends trip to the beach...

cb02.jpg

cb01.jpg

cb04.jpg

cb05.jpg

All are from Cannon Beach, Oregon. Yep... home of the Goonies. There was a heavy fog rolling in so I took advantage. The reflection of the sun on the windows of the house had tons of people just standing there looking at it. I assume because other houses very close to it did not have the same effect.

Thanks for the kind words all! Ckit, I love your cat pic. :)

I use the Cannon Digital Rebel (6.3 mp). Used the "kit" lens (EF-S 18-55) for those 3 shots. Took them in the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers, which has an enclosed room with hundreds of butterflies flying around. Makes shooting butterflies a lot easier! All 3 shots were hand-held, probably 400 ISO. Used Photoshop to punch up the colors a bit.

Since I took those last Spring, I've purchased the EF 28-135 and the EF 17-40 "L" series. I rarely use the kit lens any more. Almost all my graff shots in the Frisco thread are with the 17-40.

Originally posted by Joker+Jan 4 2005, 02:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Joker - Jan 4 2005, 02:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin--Rage-@Dec 31 2004, 10:16 AM

*edit

What kind of digi do you have?

Sony DSC-T1... it's the flat small looking thing with the huge view screen. It works well for what I do. I'll upgrade in the future though.

[/b]

Joker, there is a case available for that camera so u can use it on a tripod. Pretty sure its the official Sony case, worth checking if you could really use it.