The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Been looking at dpreview.com for DSLR specs.

So far the Nikon D200 is top runner.

Something I noticed, the higher model Nikon DON'T have movie clip capability.

What's up with that?

My cheap ass 8700 can, but not a $1,500+ D200?

Stuuuuupid.

i always try to adjust my layers unless its a film picture, then i only use photoshop to get it off the scan bed - super quick and easy to crop it up all nice and stuff

whats really messed up is in my photo 1 class at school they start everyone out thinking that photoshop is part of photography, like its just what your supposed to do with pictures.. when that isnt the case at all

I own a d200, it's a good camera. I never use the video option on point and shoots anyway.

I'm a huge advocate of photoshop. The still images on magazines and billboards that were shot with digital systems (more and more now, with the introduction of digital backs for medium format) have had many hours of editing each. Before Photoshop, people did the same thing in a darkroom- it's just simpler to do so now. Come on, editing is very much so a large part of photography.

"I eagerly await new concepts and processes. I believe that the electronic image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them." - Ansel Adams,

some things about film are just so much better and i feel like i missed out on all of it, like the only thing i learned about solarization in school was how to do it in photoshop, when i found out what it really was, i was just like wowwww , the technique became much more interesting, as well as a lot of other things.. i had much more respect for those aspects of photography..

plus i think cross processing is probly the funnest part of photography ive came across yet, other then having to wait to pick up your prints

Been looking at dpreview.com for DSLR specs.

So far the Nikon D200 is top runner.

Something I noticed, the higher model Nikon DON'T have movie clip capability.

What's up with that?

My cheap ass 8700 can, but not a $1,500+ D200?

Stuuuuupid.

dslr's can record movies due to the fact that they have a mirror and shutter type system like a 35mm. so you cant really record a movie with the mirror in the way of the image sensor.