The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It's not so much the size of the photo, at least for me.

I'm more into perfect pixels at very high ISO's, flawless pixel depth.

From what I've been told, the D3 and D700 loose detail when enlarged at the same rate as 35mm film.

The main reason I chose the 700 over the 5D mkII's 21mp size was High ISO performance.

Seems like the more crammed the pixels get onto the sensor the lower the ISO performance.

Most studio photographers need more megapixels and don't need any high ISO performance.

My friend has a hassleblad digi (not sure of the model name) but it gets pretty noisy at ISO 400.

But my camera cant come close in daytime or studio type shots with lighting.

But street shooters need the low light performance, or just need to take the shot faster because of subject movement.

No one in my family is really into photography, so I'm out of luck (besides my minolta) on the hand-me-downs. My grandparents knew a pro photographer with cancer, but I didn't really know him that well before he died. All I know is that he had a big collection of cameras including some large format ones. Missed a big chance there.

It's not so much the size of the photo, at least for me.

I'm more into perfect pixels at very high ISO's, flawless pixel depth.

From what I've been told, the D3 and D700 loose detail when enlarged at the same rate as 35mm film.

The main reason I chose the 700 over the 5D mkII's 21mp size was High ISO performance.

Seems like the more crammed the pixels get onto the sensor the lower the ISO performance.

Most studio photographers need more megapixels and don't need any high ISO performance.

My friend has a hassleblad digi (not sure of the model name) but it gets pretty noisy at ISO 400.

But my camera cant come close in daytime or studio type shots with lighting.

But street shooters need the low light performance, or just need to take the shot faster because of subject movement.

im with you on this i rather have low noise on high ISO than huge flicks im most likely never gonna have anything close to the size of a billboard but i do like shooting in the dark and it would be awesome to get relatively clear shots while shooting in high ISO

I wouldnt say 12 mp is anywhere near film quality... but this is getting close.

hasselblad-h3dii-50.jpg

H3DII-50

http://www.hasselblad.com/products/h-system/h3dii-50.aspx

The H3DII-60 is supposed to be out but I havent heard much.

Ha, yo the other day I got to play with some new Mimiya with a Phase 1 back 29mp. The Get-up was around 30 grand. Shots were fuckin stupid! Architectural stuff with this back was retarded 30 story builidng shot 5 blocks away you could see the workers and who was slacking on floor 5 with like a 400x zoom. 30 grand though. I think the back was like 20 and it was shot on....some slender perspective corrected camera. Anyway I'll know specks the day I can afford it. I'm on a Canon Rebel...so that tells you something.

damn eskro dope shot.

So i have been really thinkin about this Does a photographer really need a degree ???

would i be able to make it without thoguh??? I mean i still wouldn't mind investing money on classes to develop better skills with my camera so i'm able to use it to its full potential