The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I really like this shot. I think its because the scale seams a bit off. Everything is roughly the same size and at the same middle ground in the shot. It's creating a strange space. I don't think it would have worked without that horizontal line in the foreground.

thanks man. I just got my SLR like 2 days ago, and I've just been doing a lot with it. I'll have some more up in a bit.

2111813370_640da85cd2.jpg?v=0

2111812504_3723c93c2a.jpg?v=0

2111033701_3eeaf53161.jpg?v=0

2111810620_d27ac27678.jpg?v=0

All this stuff is a couple months old, just got around to editting it.

I got a question- you know those filters you put on your lens that give clouds contrast, roundness (theres a bunch of them), does anyone know about if a filter like that exists for photoshop (presumably it would just be a red color over the stuff, then go to grayscale). thanks in advance.

has anyone else noticed this new editing feature on flickr?

i didn't have those borders before, i just put them in straight from the website.... pretty nifty

yeah I just noticed that today too

I was beginning to draw away from flickr but i have too many people im in contact with.... i could leave...but i dont want to

maybe this is a problem

but the new editing feature is nice I dig it

I got a question- you know those filters you put on your lens that give clouds contrast, roundness (theres a bunch of them), does anyone know about if a filter like that exists for photoshop (presumably it would just be a red color over the stuff, then go to grayscale). thanks in advance.

I believe that if you go to image-adjustments and then mess around with the hue and saturation of the image you can give it a red hue

thanks butter yeah i know about the levels/curves bit, and as far as burning and dodging goes feathering is pretty effective.

i want to achieve that foreboding look where the sky is almost darker than the foreground. however, when ive tried out different ways to do it on photoshop i end up with something that looks more like vignetting than what i was thinking

thanks again

thanks butter yeah i know about the levels/curves bit, and as far as burning and dodging goes feathering is pretty effective.

i want to achieve that foreboding look where the sky is almost darker than the foreground. however, when ive tried out different ways to do it on photoshop i end up with something that looks more like vignetting than what i was thinking

thanks again

convert your image to an rbg black and white image...thennn mess around with the red levels/opacity etc. it should work if your sky isnt completely blown out/if there is still some blue in it.

...I really need to bring down the sky a little bit...

One great thing to play with the sky is Image-Adjustments-Shadows/highlights. Bring the upper slider into zero and play with the lower one...

FILTER.BFG, I really like the middle ones colors, what modifications?

Some shots from summer...

48.jpg

57.jpg

65.jpg

74.jpg

Lasse.jpg

And one HDR...

28-1.jpg