The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by onesecondple@Oct 19 2004, 01:35 PM

where is some gnometoys, i always love his pictures, some dope ones goin on right here thought,,,,

I'm not online much anymore, don't have any with me right now but I do have some stunning examples of alcoholism taken over the weekend at home, and I'm getting ready to go on another photo walk right now... this thread rocks.

All on the digi still... Sigma SD9. I'm hoping to get an SA-9 soon so I can play around with film and not have to screw around with different brands of lenses, but may end up with something with an M42 mount instead.

Sorry, no photoshop here so these were sized by photobucket, some probably badly.

First, the drunkenness:

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

IMG02904.jpg

IMG02906.jpg

Now the others:

IMG02916.jpg

IMG02917.jpg

IMG02911.jpg

IMG02910.jpg

Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Oct 21 2004, 05:57 AM

Really dig it Mis.

What does your prof. say about your contrast?

Cuz mine would go on a rant about it.

I think it fits real well.

"what filter did you use?"

"none."

"you had to use a filter on these."

"i'll be honest, i was in a rush and cut down on the developing time. In my opinion me being impatient worked to my advantage."

"Well, in my opinion they're too contrasty and I would be happier if you used a filter to get that level of contrast. I hope you didn't have any other assignments due on that roll..."

He seemed a little indifferent.

Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Oct 21 2004, 08:20 PM

haha. I can't believe you didn't use a filter.

Are you using sprint developer?

How long did you develop them for? I thought the only way to increase contrast with developing was to keep the film in the tanks for longer than usual.

I tried printing the second of the far off center girl with a 1 1/2 filter and it came out practically black and white, no tonality at all. So using filters was not an option.

That is correct, longer increases contrast.

I'm using Ilford HP5+ and Sprint at 1:9.

Normaly, if I spend the time to get the temperatures right, at 71 degrees it takes 8 minutes to develope. It's gotten much colder here in the last week or so and the water is now running at like 65 degrees. I was in a rush and didn't exactly see what the temp really was and just assumed it was around 70 or so. At 68 degrees it should be 10 minutes, so I accidently cut back on time.

Also, today we discovered some fuck put the paper developer in place of the film developer(sprint comes in the big like 5 gallon boxes with the little tap that all look the same) so most of my prof have been suggesting all the grain in my photos is from that if I did use it which honestly I can't remember if I did or not.

Yesterday I spent literally 10 hours in the darkroom.

Kevin/My work load weighs a ton because i'm public enemy number 1

Originally posted by CIPHER_one@Oct 22 2004, 03:40 PM

ooooh ok.

That's fucked about that dude switching the developers.

yeah there are a buncha of idiots running our darkrooms which is just great.

Fortunetly, profs understand the kids the school hires are mildly retarded and don't hold it against you if something like this goes wrong