no smoking in bars/clubs/restaurants

ubejinxed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh yeah!

little pubs are made for drinking and smoking.

I think that sitting at the bar requires an ashtray in front of you.

But some people just dont get the basic manners.

Dont smoke on the dancefloor becasue people will get burnt.

Dont smoke near people who are eating because it can spoil their meal. And dont come up to my little corner of the world and blow smoke in my face.

Smoking is fucking stupid.

That said, I have friends who smoke.

I favor freedom and market forces to dictate a flow of smokers to certain places. That is, it should be the owner's choice whether to allow smoking in his establishment, and it should be clearly posted outside. Smokers will flock to the smoking places, nonsmokers to the nonsmoking places. As for employees, nobody is forcing you to work in a hazardous environment - if you don't want to be exposed to smoke, apply at nonsmoking establishments.

I don't want to smell tobacco smoke. (Almost every other kind of smoke smells better, ever notice that? Weed, cloves, diesel, forest fires, BBQ...weird.) I wouldn't frequent the smoking establishments, except on rare occasions to shoot pool with smoker friends. I can deal with a bar once in a while for smoke content, if it gets too much I can always leave. No need for a ban though. I do approve of the ban in straight restaurants, tobacco smoke and food don't mix.

Current bans have created new smoking areas though, as was mentioned before - ten feet from wherever the banned area is. I'm not a fan of picking my way through a throng of diseased-looking crones and wretches huddled outside a no-smoking building, although as a person with current and past addictions I have a tiny measure of sympathy for those struggling with quitting.

They already did that in my city. And ya know what? It doesn't even matter to me, it's not worth arguing about. If you wanna smoke, go outside and throw your cigarette butts on the ground. Clubs aren't cool anyway. Wooo drunk bitches lay there and get fucked like dead fishes. stupid stupid stupid.

Guest sneak

im a smoker and i read about the same things going to be happening in Dublin soon. personally, i think if there is going to be a big uproar about it all that the owners should just put aside a section of the bar for smokers, have a bar in there, seats etc..

same for restaurants. i mean it gives busssiness a chance not to alienate a lot of their customers while keeping the ones who dont want smoking.

pubs are completely different to bars in my opinion. you could never get away with stopping smoking in pubs in englnad or anywhere in england. i dont think the people would stand for it.

and another thing, why do non smokers always feel the need to be so fucking negative towards smokers? like all the people here saying that we are fools etc. thats our decision not yours, thank you very much.

I think that shit is fucking stupid. You should be allowed to smoke in bars. I dont even smoke but I know that banning it is absolutely retarded. Kinda makes me angry.

Non smokers always feel that smoking is gross and evil. I really dont mind it. You should be able to do what you want to.

I'm sure that the people pushing for the ban are not the people

in bars who can put up with the rare cloud of smoke. I mean those

people are probably at home, watching Friends reruns and drinking

skim milk and ovaltine. They dont understand the 'problem' they want to 'fix'.

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

i smoke and even i get grossed out eating in a restaurant where you can smoke... bars however are something else entirely...

agreed. but sometimes even smokey bars are kinda annoying. i hate it when i come out of a place and my fucking undergarments smell like smoke.

what sucks is not being able to smoke in strip joints.

you have to walk outside to catch a smoke.

i mean you can't sit around the rail lighting up and drink anymore.

shit fuckin' sucks.

smoking goes hand in hand with titty bar's.

bleh the fuckin' waitress' worried about health.

don't work in a fuckin' bar go to marie callenders or applebees.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by Muppet

before you know it, the library is the hottest spot in town....

already is in some cases...

libraries are cool.

well i'm excited for the smoking ban, at least it start during the summer, so the smokers they won't be subjected to arctic temperatures for pursuit of addiction satisfaction.

not sure how it will work in the future though. i don't think that having non-smoking and smoking bars would work, becuase the owners can do that now, and they don't. we'll just see how it works out.

I'm the only non-smoker out of my enire group of friends. If they decide to go out for a smoke, either I'm left sitting by myself or I go and stand in a group and get the lowdown.

I've heard more gossip in within a group of people smoking then anywhere else.

But I can run farther than you.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

not sure how it will work in the future though. i don't think that having non-smoking and smoking bars would work, becuase the owners can do that now, and they don't. we'll just see how it works out.

in california bars owners can get permits that say since the owner is the only employee and they don;t mind smoking then you can smoke inside...

i've only actually seen one bar with one of these, but it's nice to know that i can go there and smoke inside... it's also nice for people who don;t know the bar, since the permit is huge and obviously visible right inside the door...

Guest imported_Tesseract

I didnt even read all the replies till now, but i gotta tell you...thats some dangerous shit you got there...just 10 years ago, your whole country was smoking like a carchoal train, in businnes meetings, over lunch, in bars...fuckin everywhere...now smoking is 'gross' and so damagefull..please dont tell me that you believe that noone knew just how hazardous smoking is before the mass hysteria. I'm a smoker and i realise that its not the best habit in the world, however, if you ever smoked, you know thats its more than 'smoke coming in and out of you' anyway..i wont propagandise in favor of smoking, i thought about quiting and i enjoy the people that dont. HOWEVER, my point is that its just ridiculous to claim that the smoke you inhale will kill you or that, all of a sudden its just so horrible...if a bar is venitlated properly you'll be just fine....quit the hysteria and stop being a nazi..bars were never health centers

Archived