perspectives, with your host, beardo

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Al Thank you for posting those pics(everyone else 2) But Al I had to stop looking at Your shit cause I was getting drawn deep into the whole thing. I can not explain in this short text reply what happened. Lets just say that that it ended with me shaking my head, like as to snap out of it.

I so needed that! Thank you. Is it just me or has parer chase kinda ruled lately!

C'MON MAAAAAAAAN~!!!

ARE YOU GUYS FUCKIN SERIOUS.....CAN YOU MUDAFUCKAS DO NOTHING ELSE BUT BITCH AND MOAN AT SOMEONE THAT CAN PULL SOMETHING OFF LIKE THAT!! YOU WANT TO TALK SHIT ABOUT HIS WORK? POST YO' WORK AND THEN TALK SHIT~! GRAFFITI IS DRIVEN BY OUR COUNTERPARTS, TRYING TO OUT DO AND IN THE PROCESS OF OUTDOING SOME ONE YOU GET INSPIRED AND YOU CREATE....DON'T HATE IF SOMEONES BETTER THAN YOU, LET THAT INSPIRE YOU TO BETTER YOUR PIECE OF SHIT WORK!! (*ADDRESSED TO WHOMEVER WANTS TO TRY ON THE FUCKIN SHOE)

DOPE SHIT MR. GREEN.....AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO ACTUALLY POSTS!!

Hyrax,

Its understandable to make that comparison. But as Beardo said, that idea is almost as old as graffiti itself. Its actually something I had seen in a fashion magazine, with the text over a perfume bottle. I think its the fact that I do 3D stuff that makes it seem like a Daim bite. However, if you look through my stuff, you'll see that typewriter style print in all of it, a natural progression was to utilize it more. But Im not gonna get mad about it and I am more than willing to admit when/if I bite anything, this just doesnt happen to be one of them.

Artists have taken ideas from other artists many of times and have even done a better job at it. So many things have been done in graffiti that have been used over and over again but I barely here people bitch about them. Arrows, bubbles, decaying fill ins, the heart look at the bottom of the "I", and jsut about anything else in every writers style. Not one person in here can say they've accomplished a style that is totally original. Wether it was stolen from a writer or a canvas artist. Ciste did it cause it caught his eye and wanted to try it on his own work. Daim never put a copywrite on what he did. And I'm pretty damn sure he didn't create the idea of an overlaping word. So get off of Ciste's back and get over it.

It's a close call and pretty far-fetched at the same time. Akin to a coincidence. I don't think it would have ever come up if Ciste's work wasn't three dimensional.

Although, I do appreciate the 'Police' work involved. At least Hyrax didn't just say you suck and you're a biter without backing it up. He did his research and called you on it. And even though the accusation is questionable, it's good to know that there's someone on these boards willing to do the 'footwork' to prove a point.

thanks for the compliment joker.

it means alot.

on another note i hope more people drop their own progression.

like serifs or someone else.

*ahem....keo..*ahem.

not to be pushy.

oh ciste.. you have exquisite craftsmanship and rendering skills.

-bobbylon

Archived