THE FISHING THREAD

TROUTFISHING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Florida.The finest fresh water fishing and somtimes salt water.We got everything here.

Been fishing sense i was old enough to hold a rod.Theres alot of lakes around here with Largemouth,catfish,bluegill,and peacock bass.Around the summer time the peacocks make their nests and are so easy to catch.They grow alot faster and bigger than largemouth and do.

Also somone mentioned Alligator Gars.These things wernt orginnally from Florida.If you ever catch one,your supposed to kill it.These things have a row of sharp ass teeth(thats why they call em' alligator gars) and are pretty strong.But you cant eat em' even if you wanted to.Its winter right now so the fishing has slowed down alot,gatta wait for spring to roll around when the Largemouth start spawning.

shit, we watched this documentary in one of my classes called "the shark callers of kontu"

Basically, its about this guy(who is the last remaining shark-caller) who paddles out by himself on a canoe and does some chants and rituals to attract a shark(6-7ft). He then proceeds to noose the shark using a coconut woven rope attached to a long board and pulls the fucker out of the water into his canoe, where he bashes it in the head with a club. Then he brings it in and the village has a big feast.

I suggest checking it out if you somehow come across it.

This thread is overdue.

Up here in new england we fish for Bass.

Biggest fish I ever caught was this summer 7.5 pound largemouth.

shit was a monster but didnt even come close to the state record of 16 pounds.

which was set back in like 1902 when they use to put weights in the fish to win tournements.

and just like with bitches its catch and release

any fucking hoot.

nice thread ill post flicks when I scan em.

BUMPIDY BUMP

Originally posted by TROUTFISHING@Jan 1 2003, 06:44 PM

THIS IS THE THREAD TO POST FLICKS OF YOUR BEST CACTHES OR JUST BASIC FISHING CHAT,I KNOW YOU ALL LOVE TO FISH.

if it is to post flicks of fish why is alpine anglers dropping cookies on everybodies computers when they sign to your thred , at least say it's cheep market research !!!!! :haha: :hatred:

Ive been trying to reel in good ol' bassy for years it beats me and my friends every time.

only until a couple of years ago I didnt know how much fun fishing was with friends.

That kayak fishing seems pritty fun, but I normally drink when I fish so doesnt seem to safe for me and trying to catch a sword fish on that appears to be almost impossible

i dont know much about fishing but everyone i know in michigan hates these northern pike. do they eat good fish or some shit. everyone carries a lead pipe on their boat and when they catch these things they club the fuck out of them and throw em back. whats the beef?

Repro-7a-Pike.jpg

I was fishing at a reservoir in upstate NY and had a fish reel off the line (4lb. test) and snapped it. its one of those moments you dont forget.

I'm all about the light tackle though, makes catching the fish more fun. my favorite part of fishing is walking the creeks, give me a hook and some line, and by the end of the day i'll have 3 16-inch trout.

The kayak fishing is ballsy, my uncle does that and pulls in 40 inch stripe bass. and he does it at like 4 am the guy is nuts.

Originally posted by colt45oe800@Jan 16 2006, 04:31 PM

I'm all about the light tackle though, makes catching the fish more fun. my favorite part of fishing is walking the creeks, give me a hook and some line, and by the end of the day i'll have 3 16-inch trout.

Yeah thats my favourite too, we call it 'stalking' in England.

I haven't done any fishing for quite a few years now, this thread might just have rekindled my interest, thanks guys!

Archived