THE FISHING THREAD

TROUTFISHING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mako-1.jpg

I have so many more fishing flicks to come.. fresh and saltwater... this is my latest catch... my first time off-shore... went for tuna but it was dead, so we chummed bunker for Mako shark, and slammed one... these fuckers can fight... believe it.

These sharks are crazy. They are know for jumping into boats

• 3 months later...
Mako-1.jpg

I have so many more fishing flicks to come.. fresh and saltwater... this is my latest catch... my first time off-shore... went for tuna but it was dead, so we chummed bunker for Mako shark, and slammed one... these fuckers can fight... believe it.

nice...

first time off shore eh? must have been a pretty good experience considering you caught a mako.

good to see you releasing the small ones

actually in hawaii, fishing for these fish is very popular. when they're young, their name is papio. but when they become mature, they are called 'ulua (they get quite big, i've seen some that weigh 80+ lbs). if they weigh less than 10 lbs, you're supposed to throw them back (im pretty sure that it's a law). other than that, its all good.

looks bigger than 105 kg... and that must have been interesting with that gimble... but Im sure that made it all the more rewarding... I'm hoping for an offshore tuna trip one day soon... either yellow or blue fin... all I can hope for now is to hook a small Bonito or false Albacore that come into my area this time of year... again, nice fish...

• 1 year later...

Archived