8 Mile (opinions)

IceyJewelz

see this is the problem with people these days,,, everyone thinks that if your not underground youve sold out... well I say BULLSHIT!

It pays more to be above ground,, and there are enough rappers out there that arent underground who havnt changed there style,, the only difference is they make more money because they have been recognized. no one on here knows eminem therefore no one can say wether he has or hasnt sold out,, havnt you all ever heard your parents tell you whatever you do in life make sure its something you enjoy,,, whell thats exactly what eminems doing and hes making lots of money because hes good at it... I can understand somone calling jarule a sellout because he used to talk about murder and now its all bitches and shit,, but come on eminem,,,

"You liberachies versachis and you nazis watch me cauz you thinkin you got me in this hot seat, you mother fuckers wanna judge me cauz your not me"

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FlamingHobo

lol who fucking cares?stop being so fucking bitter about shit you dont have...im not the biggest eminem fan but i won't deny he's fresh and while he's not the best battle emcee out there..he's damn close..and his style is his...regardless of that..this was about a movie..it wasn't about eminem..and the movie was damn good..i just saw it..and i was surprised..i didn't expect much..but got more...and to the person who said some shit like there wasn't enough background..how did rabbit get to love rhyming..who fucking cares?you're asking them to read a novel to you in a couple hours..most emcees get into it the same way man...good movie...fuck who cares if a white rapper is in it or not..its good.

Originally posted by crackatinnie

yeah umm all you people that hate eminem, i wouldnt know why. hes got some pretty creative stuff. and great concepts (creating different personas for various subject matters and satirical conversations etc. etc. hes fairly ground breaking)

Wrong. Kool Kieth has been doing that forever. Even with three different personas in each song. Nothing new.

Eminem as an actor. Any rapper has a slight credential as an actor. Dont forget, rappers ALWAYS need an image. An image they have to portray in interviews, videos, etc. This is acting. I am sure that Eminem is a totally different person off camera and out of the limelite.

The story: its totally cliche. A kid from the wrong side of the tracks with all kinds of obsticals rises above and makes it big. They took this formula for a script and made it appeal to the "hip-pop" audience. They took Eminem, who they new would bring people to the theater and made him the hero.

Nothing new here folks, just the way Hollywood works.

WE NEED A MEXICAN RAPER TO COME UP LIKE EMINEM.. HE CAN BE CALLED "CHURRUMAIS" ... HE NEEDS TO DISS HIS "TIA" BECAUSE SHE USED TO PULL TIGHT ON THE "POSOLE" ON SUNDAYS.. YEAH THATS IT!! I THINK I GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT!! MILLIONS!! OF DOLARES...,:confused:

i didn't read anything just wanted to say ..

it was hilarious when eminem was like "oh my god, oh my god" to that little girl his sister or whatever after he got in a fight with his moms boyfriend or whatever. it just sounded funny the way he said it.. oh my gooood. good times good times....

I thought the movie was legit, I wasn't expecting some super drama revolutional hiphop movie that was going to change how the world precives hiphop. I was expecting to see some kid spit and try to come up, I got everything I expected plus a little more. No film is ever gonna capture the true esscense of what hiphop or the underground scene is, he told his story, one page in the history of the underground (rather, brought to life jimmys story, which you can put any underground emcee in that same postion, working dead-ends scraping cash, battling, just to put some shitty produced shit on tape.). Either enjoy the movie or not, it's going to symbloize alot of shit to alot of people, and some people will identify with the film. Just cause a bunch of backpackers get off bashing anyone who gets a deal, and gets out of the situation to a better one, get off talkin shit about kid and his movie, doesn't make it a bad movie. ( Not that I'm saying it's a great movie, but It's not a shitty movie by far.) Anyways,

get up off your high horse and stop yakkin that bring back hiphop shit, give respect where it's due.

and I didn't say you had to be white to idenitfy with the movie.

I don't see anyone saying "i like master p rap movies better then eminems - he sucks."

why's it always about color and not about skills and or the music.

Personally for me......there were quite a few points in that movie I could relate with......not living in a trailer park with a fucked up mom......but more the essense of him rolling around in a beat up boat driving with people in the seats next to you goofing off......and him not getting respected for his shit right away......working dead-end jobs trying to meet the beginning of your future somehow,someway..........I love rhyming.....been doing it since '94.....but I never tried to capitalize on it.....just for fun only......open mic every Wed. night for the last 4 years.....it's a good release for me.....still.do what you want to do and don't stress anyone who might be stressing you........you know?

i thought it was good..the best part is the battle ryhming.

and all those fags who say eminems sold out and has no skill or whatever..all i say is he has skill and i dont care if he has sold out or not. you cant say u wouldnt if you were in his shoes. he was poor as fuck and now hes rich as fuck. now lets hate on him because a bunch of white kids like him and he "sold out" or turned into "pop". fuck that. i dont care who likes his shit. i like his music and i think he does have skills and i think the movie was good..except the ending wasnt the best but fuck it. your all trendy bitches(not all just a few that say shit like hes sold out or pop or whatever) like what you like not because some people like or dont like something. if that makes any sense

Archived