Tattoos

wiseguy

• 10 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny but not enough for its own thread so i just searched and added here. dunno why i'm explaining myself.... enjoy :lol:

Sakai, an award-winning tattoo artist, was tired of seeing sacred Japanese words, symbols of his heritage, inked on random white people. So he used their blissful ignorance to make an everlasting statement.

Kerri Baker, a Carlow College freshman, paid $50 to have the symbols for “beautiful goddess” etched above her belly button, but when she went into Szechuan Express Asian Noodle Shop sporting a bare midriff, the giggling employees explained to her that the tattoo really said, “Insert General Tso’s Chicken Here!”

“I don’t even like General Tso’s!” Baker sobbed. “I’m a vegetarian!”

MORE <----

Originally posted by wiseguy

Thats a good point zesto, I hadn't really thought about it like that, when i get a tattoo it will probably just be some text, a quote or something. but i don't knnow.

be like that dude from memento, couldnt remeber shit so he tattoed it all on his body.

Originally posted by loopsnew

funny but not enough for its own thread so i just searched and added here. dunno why i'm explaining myself.... enjoy :lol:

MORE <----

omg thats fuckin funny. hes doin the right thing i think.

i think that andy sakai article is so funny! i dream of doing that every day but i'm not too big on getting sued or fired. i have done some screwed up kanjis, but they weren't my fault. when people bring them to me, i do them exactly how they bring them. so if they bring them in fucked up, that's how they get put on and i tell them they're at their own risk. this dude brought in kanji that was supposed to say the type of karate he did. he showed me how he wanted it, i put the stencil on, he said ok and i did it. turns out, the whole phrase was upside down. o yea, he got this on the back of his neck. so everytime he would bow down in karate class, his sensei would smack him in the head because that's the only time his tattoo would look right, and it would remind his sensei what a jackass he was. he eventually got it covered up.

Guest T E A S E R
Originally posted by loopsnew

MORE <----

man, if i ever found out a tattoo like that was some bullshit cuz the artist changed it, i'd send his dead ass to his momma FEDex style... one piece at a time to..

• 2 months later...

<-----very tattooed

once working in a tattoo shop myself..I will tell you to stay away from wall pieces or tribal period. Tribal probably helped defined tattooing to becoming mainstream, but it has a faded history with tons of regrets to the spring breakers of the 90's and beyond.

also most tattooest hate doing tribal..unless that is their specialty. Nothing makes a tattooer happier than when you have a idea, that has meaning to you and you ask to join heads and create something together. We even usually hook you up, because they are also bring in there talent as well. they will also work alot harder at it and make it look wonderful.

Wall pieces are meant for nothing more than clueless jokers, who have no idea about art or even meaning.

Its hard to be completely orginal, something is always going to be spawned off from someone elses piece or you will get a ton of copycats.

I personally have choosen nothing but work that I have drawn up that

has something to do with a meaning or time in my life. I dont care if it has become trendy and millions have copied from it...take it as a compliment. All I know is it is my work..my own drawing put into place.

Dont be afraid to tell the artist if you dont like it..we never take it as a cut down..rather you know what you want. We can draw your idea or piece a thousand times over, just for your sake.

1.definately think about what you want, and make sure you like it..not something you will regret years later, and never get any pieces that will be mainly visible, that you just came up with or came from a wall.. those are the ones you and others will see for the rest of your life, and the ones you will regret. THINK LONG AND HARD ABOUT IT.

2. Stay away from trends

3. Dont go to big for your first piece...everyone is different on pain tolerance and patience. Plus you will have that first HUGH piece, that you may come to later regreting in the end.

4. dont get cartoon characters from hit shows.

unless your a complete die hard fan. star wars ring a bell or ren and stimpy.

5. Take care of your piece..the biggest mistake it people mainly getting them done in the summer, going into pools or baths to soon, and exposing it to the sun to early. those things usually ruin the tattoo and make it look like crap..not the artist.unless they are a chop shop.

6. Invest and look for a artist. Find someone that suits your style.. not the tattoo parlor down your street. I have work from all around the globe.

7. Think wisely..but remember to think for yourself.

let me know if you have any other questions.

also..if you have a problem with strangers touching you..be perpared for alot of grabs and gauching.

Hood surfer

When I was in nursing school, and on my "burn unit" rotation, I had to take care of this Mexican gangbanger who suffered these horrible abrasions to his back. He had to get the same kind of skin grafts that burn victims get. The wierd thing was he had tats all over the place, legs, arms, and a big e2e of the Virgin of Guadalupe on his back. Or used to, anyway. He got all fucked up with his homeboys and they were driving around "hood surfing," drunker than ten lords, and Homes took a tumble under the car. It didn't kill him, but they were driving like 35 mph, and before they could get the car stopped, he went under the front and got dragged. The pavement badly abraded his back and one elbow.

I got to watch the skin graft operation. The surgeon had to "harvest" skin off of his thighs, where he also had tats everywhere, and graft it onto his back. In order to make the skin cover a bigger area, the surgical team runs it through a device called a "macerator." It is a hand-cranked thing that makes all these little evenly spaced little cuts in the harvested skin, so that when they put it on a burn, it spreads out like diamond hardware cloth, and can cover more burn area. Then the skin grows back and fills in the little diamond spaces as it attaches. It takes a long time. And the scars look like hardware cloth (you know, that stuff they put on security bars and windows.)

Anyway, it fucked up his ink completely. Not only was the Virgin of Guadalupe mostly sanded off, but then they harvested pieces of skin off all these other places on his body, he had these wierd-ass distorted tats from his thighs in the middle of his back, where there was this huge, deep road rash down to the muscle. He looked like a patchwork quilt.

The moral of this story: Don't be a fucking idiot. No hood surfing. But it could have been a summertime motorcycle wreck just as easily.

stick to the one you definately feel comfortable in. You will be spending a hour or more in it, and you want a good atmosphere.

You determine the artist by what there portfolios look like. So ask them to see there work..they usually always have books waiting in the lobby.

old english letter is a little over played..but it thatas your picking..stick to it.

Like I say..Think for yourself what you want..dont worry how others feel about it..Its not there skin..its your..and tattoos shouldnt be done to impress anyone but yourself.

tease---

here's some advice about really small lettering. there's a huge difference between a tattoo that looks good now and a tattoo that is going to hold up well. keep in mind you're going to have this thing for the rest of your life. don't ignore the artists if they tell you something is too small. while you may have seen tats on the internet of tiny lettering, those are most likely brand new, just finished. it's easy to put in tiny lettering with a tight 3 or a single needle liner and have it look good right when you finish it and take a picture. however, you're not seeing what those look like in a few years or sometimes even a few months. what often happens is lines either heal too weak when you use too small of a liner, and they don't have a consistent black to them. or if it's put in too deep, the letters all run together and there's not much you can do to fix that other than cover up the whole thing. so i would say give up a little more space and you'll end up with a much cleaner tattoo. a pretty good guideline to use is a thin-tip sharpie. if it's too small for you to draw comfortably with a thin tip sharpie, it's too small to be a clean tattoo outline. unless you're doing hair in a portrait or something, i really don't believe in lining with anything under a five. i personally line with 7's more than half the time, and somtimes i'll even line with an 8round shader for old school work.

Originally posted by fatbastard

i know you like to take pills, but whats the significance of that tattoo?

Theres many meanings to it. But I leave it up to you to figure out. The banner is blank, but I might add "In The Know" in illuminated manuscript at a later date.

KidDigital.

Archived