Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

Be careful with that Evapo-Rust or any other rust removers. If the can is extremely decayed, the rust might be the only thing holding the pressure in the can. The way that type of cleaner works is by converting the oxygen out of the rust. Just a caveat that you might wind up with a leaker after letting it sit overnight.

I've used CLR quite a bit in the past, and if you let it soak long enough, it will eat the rust off a 100 year old rail spike. I found a bunch of great ones on a trip to Cape Cod a few years ago. The old spikes there were extremely rusty. My guess is from the close proximity of the ocean and salty, sandy soil. Either way, i pulled the spikes out of a week long CLR bath and they were eroded all the way down to the clean metal. Amazing stuff.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
150 something on that farmer. Reserve not met wow! Great can

That can is rarer and worth more than any Icy Grape or Jungle. Too bad folks spend drop their loot on scraps and empties. They should save those pennies for cans like the farmer brown. If it ain't FULL, it's BULL!

Curious, how often do you guys come across old American Accents? I've only stumbled on a few here and there, seems like they're a fun bunch to collect. Referring to the cans dated '91 with either Garden or Heritage on the front.

Don't forget Tapestry...

icy used sold for 200 but couldnt get the farmer above 150... wild stuff

P.T. Barnum said it best...

BTW the farmer Brown went out on the d/l afterwards to a very happy customer. FEEbay is to used for exposure. Conduct your business outside of it. And all will reap the benefits.

came across some Krylon oldies....make an offer

not in the best of shape but pretty much full

2415 - rose 3 cans

2411 - brick 6 cans 2 empty

2117 - bonfire 1 can

1803 - marigold yellow 8 cans

2413 - coral 3 cans

1704 - spanish brown 2 cans

1801 - chrome yellow 1 can

2408 - burnt orange 1 can

1804 - bright yellow 1 can

1913 - purple 1 can