Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another spraint....gotta love those cans. They were distributed by pep boys auto part stores, not sure but will have to look into if they were affiliated with Plasti-Kote as that was one of the primary brands Pep-boys sold. Plasti-Kote also made a budget brand for pep boys called De Bois...

In older issues of good housekeeping they had the color charts for those cans....well not those cans but what were considered "house and garden" colors...

Slyle - Just got those charts from the big Nerd to scan for the book! Very dope!! House & Garden colors for the 70s.

I have 4 different spray paint display racks for sale/trade. Asking $200 or best offer per rack.

1. First rack is a generic black metal rack that is encased in a cage to prevent the theft of spray paint. This rack is situated on casters which allow for easy mobility.

2 & 3 I have 2 krylon spray paint display racks. The krylon logo is displayed on the bottom of the racks. These racks also come with cages that can be used with the racks, or you can use the racks without the cages as seen in the picture.

4. Last is the larges rack of them all. This is a vintage Krylon/Sparvar display racks. Holds about 300 cans. From circa mid 70's.

I have pictures of them on the CMC facebook page. NYC, NJ, Philly, CT or Boston are all areas I could possibly deliver to. PM me and I can email you pics and discuss details.

new OMEN that i worked on this weekend,i was lil short with time,i have to clean outlines like on M which are finished,and its made with 80's dupli color oil based,old dupli is so thick that it cloged all my caps after 30 sec lol

colors :

erika

mint green

mellon yelow

light blue

and outlines with iron grey

true colors are lil lighter then on this pic

IMG_4142.jpg.49ac2238ba8b99b0b2478706315639b6.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg.baae16c6393d4eb9ed6b11fe009a2725.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
how can you tell how old a can is? i know there are years printed on the cans but is that the actual year that specific can was produced or like the year the brand started to produce that line of paint

not all cans have year printed,like you said you can tell by the year on the can,and also you can tell when you see the can style,like old rusto if you see name on the can you know that that can is made from 1971-78,sw krylon with stripes on the bottom you know that that can style was made from 91-97 etc etc (years that i mentioned were just an example,not actual data for krylon and rusto can styles :lol: ) or you can always ask someone in this topic,or visit http://www.capmatchescolor.com ;)

Archived