Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mayco and barker are two cans I never seen. Who made them?

The barkers used to be a hardware store i think, says "manufactured exclusively for Barkers in Bronx NYC"

and the mayco im not sure about you guys are prolly right....plasi kote

whisper whites have been discussed here a few times, BIGMETAL has some good thoughts on em. used a few, nothing amazing, but hardly went for them when i saw them.

i'm sure people say Krylon makes a lot of different brands, when it's more likely that a brand is produced by somewhere under the (huge) SWP umbrella. saying it's made by Krylon is a good way to sell the product.

speaking of which, I'm somewhat surprised to see a SWP Red Devil chart. i know that some chain stores sometime have current-ish Red Devil stock, but I really would have thought that SWP would have done away with this brand by now. no one wants to see Red Devil as a viable paint still in production more than I, but it's been the pattern with SWP to horizontally acquire a company and then shut it down... see IllBronze, Nybco, etc. I basically figured that unless they'd kill it off, SWP would make Red Devil their bargain brand for store chains, kinda like what RPM/Rusto did with Derusto.

took this rainny day for digging with my girlfriend,found old aerosol art's (Made by Vogelsang,not Motip),paper labels name on the can,full.

23r1tg4.jpg

20shjiq.jpg

2w4n49u.jpg

Vogi logo

1qmhll.jpg

and 150 ml vogi babies ( took only 2,but dude got whole color chart on in the store ^^)

2znwtfp.jpg

Made by Vogelsang,not Motip)[/color],paper labels name on the can,full.

23r1tg4.jpg

20shjiq.jpg

2w4n49u.jpg

Vogi logo

1qmhll.jpg

and 150 ml vogi babies ( took only 2,but dude got whole color chart on in the store ^^)

2znwtfp.jpg

Those cans are from around 1995...

i work as a bill collector ive seen some hoarders like you wouldnt believe. ill post pics once i roll to another one.

funy thing is im always looking in the garage for og paint at houses like that. i disconnect a box thats in the garage from our company. most of those people collect bullahit though. papers, bottles and garbage. one broad had like 10 cats they were eating old meatloaf in the kitchen sink. and if you ever smelled cat piss it fuckin stinks to high heaven.

hopefully you guys arent that bad!

Archived