Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a bad price considering most people will never find any ever on a store shelf.

jib funny thing man i got that jungle from you and some of those other cans then i went to a harware store in my own town and found 1 case hiding away in the basement of the store. i couldnt believe my eyes. i had just been ripping the casses open becaus ethere was a ton of stuff in there and then out of nowhere i see the tops and though it was some other bs paint just a cool color, i hadnt even looked at the side of the box where it said krylon. lol. jungle greens. i wanted to yell out loud but i tried to keep myself composed. lol. got em plus everything else for $1.50 a can.

then they tell me when they moved stores about 10 years ago they had tons more paint and threw a huge commercial garbage can full away. damn

The s-203 number too leads me to believe plasti-kote, but I have some dupont luctite cans that also use that same top...

The barkers says "Cap approximates color of contents" and so does the Fays can....I think we figured Fays was nybco, but Varilvaldi could confirm/deny that better probably...

Mayco definitely looks like Plasti-kote. The Barkers is anyone's guess. We know of filling companies like Spruce, Ill-Bronze, and Nybco, but who knows about smaller companies and local businesses that did the same thing and just copied designs and product info? There's few if any hard and fast rules. Unless there's something tell-tale on the back of the can, it's very hard to determine. And I have a Fay's that's not clear who made it and doesn't look like a Nybco. How would we know what a Raabe custom fill looked like?

Red devil I think did some custom fill cans, and so did krylon but you don't see them too often. Sometimes I think companies hid it so well you would never know. I have been told on multiple occasions that Krylon makes Ace paint....

you never know what people will tell you though i went into a old store the other day with a buch of the bullshit fixall paint i find everywhere these days and i asked the owner if he had any paint stock in the back hidden anywhere like krylon rustoleum etc and he proceeded to tell me that ficall is better than rustoleum and rustoleum is a waste of money. i wanted to tell this guy man do you really know who you are talking to. im not some grandma painting a flower pot come on man.

and if you didnt get it before i FUCKING HATE FIXALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krylon color chart. should be the same as square ball cans as well. never saw any of those whisper whites cans. anyone else use em ever??? they thick at all??

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1098.jpg

this is the red devil Krylon chart. i didnt realize krylon made red devil in that generation of can until i saw this chart.

IMG_1097.jpg

tru test chart

IMG_1092.jpg

83' Rusto chart

IMG_1091.jpg

couple old cans from the shelves past few days

Krylon borden car color

IMG_1095.jpg

Benwood Bejamin moore cans. metal cap and condom included.

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1094.jpg

Thats all folks....

Looking for "tractor" theme cans,like nybco can... let me know what you have.[/color]

Sorry, I have to pull Juca's card here. Get him a shipping price and he or his girl will tell you it's too much. Do him a favor and it's thankless. Sorry, but he has blown me off 3 times already. Not worth wasting your time emailing. Nuff said.

@ Bigmack - The whisper whites are nice. Frost was my personal favorite followed by Cameo white. They're still around if you want/need any. $2.00 a can + shipping.

for some reasoni never even knew these existed until i got this chart. ill think about it.

Benwood Bejamin moore cans. metal cap and condom included.

IMG_1093.jpg

Thats all folks....

I would be interested in the olive...not an avo but it will do....

ill email you about it. wouldnt mind doing a trade on it. ill still have the other. and i doubt ill run across enough of these to ever get a whole collection of colors. just the one can will do for a odd can.

Sorry, I have to pull Juca's card here. Get him a shipping price and he or his girl will tell you it's too much. Do him a favor and it's thankless. Sorry, but he has blown me off 3 times already. Not worth wasting your time emailing. Nuff said.

oky.

Whisper whites were dollar store finds for a while a few years ago ... decent paint not really old or vintage by any means.

by no means was i sayign they were vintage or anything like it. i just never knew those cans were ever made. we just didnt have em around here. im just workign on getting every color on that chart just to have a set put aside and it swould be nice to have those.

Archived