Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of 2 in collections. Rumors are there are a couple more, but other than a few krylon colors no one has found its one of the rarest. A mint one sold on ebay for around $800 US a few years ago. I am sure there is more out there, possibly a case sitting in some old hardware store waiting to be uncovered.

I would have to go over my color charts, but there are a couple of really odd short run colors from the 60's that either have not been found, or just as rare as pennant blue. That krylon "soup" can I posted is pretty rare. There are also tons of odd brands out there where complete color collections have not been found. I have heard of some crazy sears colors they made, yet have never seen a can....

Sears brands! Looks like Avocado. Safe bet for the era... and that's Vamm, a him. Haircut also a safe bet for the era!

Btw, 90s cans are usually easy to date (at least Rust-oluem and Krylon). Rusto always has dates on the can designs, Krylon cans will have one and often two dates on them. Krylon usually retains one date for a can design and a revision date usually in parentheses. So it'd say something like 1991 (Rev. 10/94), thus it's a 1994 can. Same for 1996 cans and so on.

Archived