Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea for sure i like em too.

Check this out, if this isnt a BITE and a half. Its even got the same metaltop as a 64 krylon.

IMG00990-20110208-0904.jpg

Where does it say this can is made??? Can you get a shot of the back??? And are you peeping CMC in your work truck, gotta love that...

Where does it say this can is made??? Can you get a shot of the back??? And are you peeping CMC in your work truck, gotta love that...

The can was made in San Leandro. About 30 minutes outside of San Francisco, at a company called Pacific Aerosol.

Where it states the contents weight, it says... NET16 ozs - Volume 1LB - Fluid 15 Ounces.

On the bottom of the can it says 68. That would probably be the reason this can has the same top as the 64 cans.

It could also be that the original owner had a yellow 64 and swapped tops. Who knows.

IMG00998-20110208-1334.jpg

IMG00995-20110208-1333.jpg

IMG00996-20110208-1333.jpg

and one more question,if you have top with label that will fall off soon (80% of that label is in the air) what you guys use to glue it again? and to glue it or just keep it like that?

i take a blowdryer to peel it off easy. then i spray 3m adhesive on the back of the label. let it get tacky about 30 seconds and lay it on

good work OG5! those Speed-E-Namels are lovely. picked up a gloss black and a blue today in the same line. Zynolyte has deep roots in Cali... would love to see a full range of those.

4 more cans on Ebay, using the CMC grading scale. how do you guys feel about people putting cans on Ebay with minimal information?

Personally when I checked out your auction last week or 2 weeks ago I thought, ok, so here's the grading scale, cool. Definitely very informative but it's a lot to take in. When I see an auction with just the color name and a super short description I usually move on because if I'm buying, anything on ebay actually, and the description leaves me wondering about the quality or trustworthiness of the seller, I don't feel comfortable giving my money away and worrying about what I just bought.

good work OG5! those Speed-E-Namels are lovely. picked up a gloss black and a blue today in the same line. Zynolyte has deep roots in Cali... would love to see a full range of those.

4 more cans on Ebay, using the CMC grading scale. how do you guys feel about people putting cans on Ebay with minimal information?

Thanks man, those zynos are made in compton thats probably why.

I usually put a short description to get to the point. (Not knocking your scale at all, just the way i like to do it) Maybe im just lazy who knows.

Half of today's find. .25 cents a piece. Then he made it all for a $1.00. Thank you indoor flea market.

Other half of the find when I get the pic emailed to me since I only took a camera phone pic of it and I have no smart phone to send it to myself. Never laid eyes on the 3 paper labels to the left. All full unused.

[/size]

DSC03720.jpg

Varivaldi- Would you be up for trading that Channel Aluminum? Shoot me a PM of what you're looking for.

I normally avoid buying paint on ebay, but if i do some browsing, I prefer as much information as possible, with more than just a pic of the front of the can.

I had an older writer scold me cause I left my labels on my cans. They would never do that cause people would see where they got colors from....sort of like DJ's blacking out the labels on vinyl....I personally like to keep the on, some of the price stickers have great graphics or are from stores that are long gone.

When lables fall off I just reglue them on, though I have been known to be lazy and sometimes I just place them under the cap so I don't loose them....

Being that the cron is red I doubt the top is original....remeber the spot you dig anything can happen to used cans before they end up in your hands, "I found it that way" is not a good excuse for ignorance...

Thanks man, those zynos are made in compton thats probably why.

I usually put a short description to get to the point. (Not knocking your scale at all, just the way i like to do it) Maybe im just lazy who knows.

No offense taken! I just wonder what buyers think, for ANY Ebay auction, when there aren't a lot of details given about the item. I have long found that the more info and care you give an item, the better you will do as a seller. Frankly, I got tired of people throwing around words like "mint" for seemingly no reason. If there's nothing to go on but personal opinions, then every can we find is gonna be "mint" because that sounds good.

Valdi- I know, it is a lot to take in. It took a lot of effort to try and write a scale that's detailed enough to work. We tested it for several hours and tweaked it. It is pretty simple once you start applying it, I've found.

Weres the best place to buy old cans? eBay?

Ebay's not that bad, but if I were you, I'd go pound the pavement, find every independent paint and hardware store in a 50 mile radius and check them out CAREFULLY and ask them. That's how many of us got started. Don't rack either-- those stores need your help just to stay alive these days.

some odds collecting dust....

Top left

Tru blue,bright yellow, medium green, canary yellow, crane pink, robin hood green, red, sb yellow, light yellow...

bottom aspen yellow, polo club green, tangerine, rambling rose, avocado, red, celestial blue, avocado, pontiac blue,

Pimento red, empress blue, light blue

1119319711_ptodd.jpg.9b14380f8b5ac60fa8170007e4fdf8ac.jpg

cans1.pdf

"Ice cream man is cuuuuuuuummming!!!"

Damn OG5Ball, you start to have a great stock of paint since one or two months, don't you?

yea its coming along. i dont hold on to paint for too long. i spent about 200 bucks in shipping the last 2 months. and i collect differently. most people collect by years, i just collect a little bit of everything 91 down.

Ebay's not that bad, but if I were you, I'd go pound the pavement, find every independent paint and hardware store in a 50 mile radius and check them out CAREFULLY and ask them. That's how many of us got started. Don't rack either-- those stores need your help just to stay alive these days.

Ok I don't think there's many paint stores in my area... How's the swap meet?

Archived