Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does someone know how to remove glue on the top? my problem is becouse there were some price tag that someone removed and now there's some glue left,cant clean the top with nitro,nail polish remover,paint thinner etc etc becouse top on that can is painted with same paint which is inside the can,also tried with hot water but cant,also there are some other stickers on the top so i cant throw it in the water and wash... someone know how?

WD-40, liquid wrench or some similar type of anti-seize lubricant will remove gum residue....still might remove paint, but not as harsh as nail polish remover

damn,i am in fear to try it with wd 40 ^^ ok brb going to try it

I got some Graffiti remover on Slyle's recommendation and it works a treat. Usually start with the bottom/back side and see if the can is missing its' clear coat, then figure it's safe to proceed with caution. Bring them up a treat, plus the caps!

Oh, by the way.... maybe try using rubbing alcohol on the sticker glue. I use paint thinner, but only on cans I need to return to the store for other cans (it's a long story, but a great way to get cans for a dollar and get rid of cans you don't want). Cans I trade or sell I will usually use the isopropyl alcohol from any drug store. Just a thought.

Those are his, though the nifty pink and american beauty were mine at one time...nifty pink is not bad paint, little on watery side, but real nice light pink. I love how the sparvar states "with concentrated color, use less to cover more" I guess Krylon was trying to build up their budget brand...

those cans are cool we didn't you color correct the photos before printing them?

Felt like a little darkness gave them character. I dunno, I don't really like to tweak shots too much in photoshop. Don't think they'd look right on a strong white background ya know, like they were in a studio...

^Likin' that reference material on the laptop ;)

I was just getting ideas for my new website. "Cap Indicates Color". Lol. jk man.

Before work i get paint, and after work i get paint. But during lunch i look on ebay and different things. I practically live in my van.

I was just getting ideas for my new website. "Cap Indicates Color". Lol. jk man.

Before work i get paint, and after work i get paint. But during lunch i look on ebay and different things. I practically live in my van.

hahahha,btw what kid of youb you do?

Archived