DEATH METAL,BLACK METAL,GRINDCORE,etc.....

Guest mafIAkilla

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Varg says so himself that he stopped being black metal as of the Filosofem album as a matter of fact... and Emperor... really?

varg also quit making metal because it takes too much from jazz and blues, and as such is not pure enough for him.

quoting varg makes your argument silly.

Decapitated will possibly have a new album in 2010.

Vogg reformed the band with all new members... it won't be quite the same but..

He was also just touring with vader playing rhythm/lead for Peter.

Not quite the same as seeing decap but I was pretty happy to see him on stage.

I'm trying to learn winds of creation but goddamn it's fast...

yeah man, i've heard of them trying to get the band going again. witek was key in the sound of that band though. i've listened to a few tracks by the replacement drummer's band and the replacement vocalist's band and i wasn't exactly super hyped, but i'm sure they'll be decent. sounded like they were aiming to replicate covan's vocals. whatever. i'll still support them cuz they have done a lot of good shit.

A lot of Americans relate to Black Metal. I know of a huge fan base in Texas that gets it.

thats certainly true however i reckon the bm scene in the u.s. is not comparable to europe. to be honest i don't have a single album of a proper american black metal band in my collection. that doesn't mean that they don't have good bands over there but their impact on the scene is little.

Black Metal is like Grindcore it has a small fan base and only people with the taste for it like it, its really not for everyone

i agree. but still there are huge differences between europe and the u.s. i doubt that a band like dimmu borgir (inb4 commercial crap) could reach rank 7 in the u.s. billboard charts.

Archived