Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

X-BOX 360

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by DETO, Nov 19, 2005.

1. DETO

DETO 12oz Loyalist

so who's blowing $400.00 for one? or $300.00 for the cheap version? hopefully, i'm getting mine tonight. yay! a friend of a friend works at a game stop and they got them in today. he called my boy up and told us he could sell a few of them before the 22nd. i don't even like video games too much, but this thing is awesome.

2. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

they have error messages come up from the first boot up.

you'll see.

3. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

Can you buy a pack that doesn't come with 4 games? All I've seen are those bullshit Combat Packs (or whatever) that come with a grip of games that I don't give a shit about.

All I need is the system, a controller, 7 grams of white widow and Gears of War to be happy.

Anyone?

4. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

im not dropping a dime on this machine, but i'll have one within acouple weeks.

5. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

those other threads sucked

6. Issac Brock

Issac Brock Elite Member

this would be sweet to have, but there's no way i'm spending any money on something like this. anybody wanna get me one for free?

7. KRONOLOGIK

KRONOLOGIK Member

Im getting mine 4 X-mas :D

8. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Hook a brotha up.

9. I.C.Shadow

I.C.Shadow Senior Member

I preordered one, selling it on ebay :king:

10. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

So whats the deal with this one , Why's it so much better than bread and butter ?
    Someone lay out the details real simple to undestand...
    Backwards Compatible?
    MOD's?

11. Yellow Feets

Yellow Feets Senior Member

I'm still deciding whether or not to get this shit for my little brother or not. Y'know, for Christmas. I heard stories about the technical problems it has. Like it might not be able to read regular XBOX games and some other bullshit.

But let's say I did buy it and the "new-and-improved" version comes out. Can't I just switch/trade my purchased XBOX 360 for the improved one? I know the same thing happened with the release of the PS2 and the XBOX. The XBOX couldn't burn burned CDs on it's hardrive. Then they upgraded it and it was a whole different story.

Blah.

12. I.C.Shadow

I.C.Shadow Senior Member

its xbox 1.5, its hot, but its really not THAT hot (from what ive seen) Nintendo Revolution all the way !!! :king:

13. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Check this:

I've been telling my friend (I call him the XBox Advocate because he is a fanboy/ps2 hater) for months to drop 50 bucks on the preorder for the 360. He would always replied that I'm an idiot and that he'll get the system opening day, no problem; that it would be impossible for him to not get it.

He calls me a couple of weeks ago and tells me that he went to trade in his xbox and they told him that even with the pre-order, he likely won't be seeing a 360 Bundle pack (which is the real deal bargain) until February.

This means that he'll have to buy the Core system, and spend insane amounts of money on things he could have gotten for only a hundred dollars more, total.

I told him so.

------

Me, I'm waiting for the PS3. I know that it won't be out until next winter, at least (even though they say 'spring'), but that is definitely the system for me. Sony is banking on it, therefore, so am I.

*also, it's gonna have the Blu-Ray. Reason enough to buy it, even if you're not a gamer. Heck, there will be a TON of reasons for non-gamers and casual gamers to buy it.

14. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

IC Shadow, I'll agree that nothing on the 360 really looks that impressive (though I am eagerly awaiting to play CoD 2 on the big screen with the 5.1 on fullblast), but it's only the first generation games, so give it time.

BTW, if anyone wants to bother, there is two new trailers for Armored Core 4. One is for the 360, the other for PS3. You can compare them both, if you'd like. I didn't bother because my comptuer sucks.

15. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

I saw the 360 in Target yesterday. A kid was playing Call of Duty 2 and not only does it look every bit as good as it does in the commercials, but it plays faster then anything I've seen of that quality on a desktop. I really hope they drop the price on this soon.

The thing about Microsoft and the X-Box, though, is that they lose money on each sale of the console. The original X-Box they were selling at their cost instead of at profit, hoping to regain the money on software and X-Box Live. So I don't see the price dropping in this puppy anytime soon.

It really runs fantasticly.