Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

What Book Are You Reading Pt....5?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Weapon X, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Well, I know some of you Americans are enjoying football and turkey, but the holidays are coming up? I hope you have or are planning to crack that gigantic biography of Chekov soon.

Last week, I read Farley Mowat’s Walking The Land. I thought it was a very good expose on the Canadian government fucking around with the Inuit people. It was very depressing and disturbing, to say the least. Half the book is reading about starvation and mothers burying their children.

Right now I’m reading Ernest Hemingway’s Men Without Women. It is a collection of 14 short stories written, I think, earlier on in his career.

So, what book are you reading?

2. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Veteran Member

just started 'The Return Of The King'.

I plan to have it done before the flick comes out.

3. johnny

johnny Dirty Dozen Crew

wolves of the calla - dark tower #5

$$

4. Gunm

Gunm Banned

^^
    That's the one after Wizard and Glass right? I can't wait to find out how they resolve things with that guy Flagg. Flagg's been in a lot of books huh? Leseeee.....The Stand, Needful Things, Eyes of the Dragon, couple others I can't remember now...he's like King's Boogeyman.

But right now, I'm reading HOUSE OF LEAVES by Mark danielewski....great book, spooky as fuck

5. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

Choke by chuck palahniuk

6. Gunm

Gunm Banned

^^
    Choke is good but certainly not CHuck's best. That'd have to be Lullaby. I would say FIght CLub but that's just too cliched

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

the elements of moral philosophy ......
    its dope , makes you think differently about the way society views controversial issues.

8. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

My buddy has tons of chucks books, Choke is the first book i've read by him. I'm gonna have to borrow some of them.

9. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

Just finished Agents Of Light And Darkness by Simon R. Green.. I mean like just this minute.

Up now.. Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk

* edit: The brain is faster than the hand.

** edit the edit: God, I'm retarded.

10. MrChupacabra

MrChupacabra 12oz Loyalist

i just borrowed two books from one of my friends, one being requiem for a dream, and i'm completely blanking on the other...i'll remember later.

11. Frate_Raper

Frate_Raper Veteran Member

I was a killer for the hells angles......about serge quensel NIGGUHS NUTS!

12. PedroHammers

PedroHammers Dirty Dozen Crew

two books that i just read this week.

The Third Man.
    The Communist Manifesto (I am a little late on getting it, but it is good for putting things into perspective)

Recommendations: The Peoples History of the US by Howard Zinn

13. damn..guilt call, i aint reading shit..i aint doing shit...shhhhhhh

14. EyeforAnEYE

EyeforAnEYE Elite Member

That was my high school history book.

15. PedroHammers

PedroHammers Dirty Dozen Crew

I can only say that you are a lucky man to have that in high school, most heads hit that in University