Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Tyson...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Smart, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Tyson KOd in 4th

Mike Tyson suffered a swift defeat in his latest comeback bid, falling to unheralded Brit Danny Williams -- a 9-1 underdog -- in the fourth round.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. - Mike Tyson was knocked out in the fourth round Friday night in a shocking end to the latest comeback of the fighter who once was the most feared heavyweight of his era.

Unheralded British heavyweight Danny Williams landed a flurry of punches that sent Tyson sprawling into the ropes, perhaps ending his career with the same kind of fury that Tyson once unleashed on other fighters.

The fighter once called the baddest man on the planet went down from a final right hand, then lay helplessly along the ropes, blood streaming down his face. He tried to get up to beat the count, then fell again, and the fight was waved to a stunning close at 2:51 of the fourth round.

The fight was a free-for-all from the opening bell, with Tyson landing huge left hooks early, only to take punishment when Williams got over his initial stage fright and began brawling himself.

Tyson won the first three rounds, but Williams was landing well to the head, and when he began throwing punch after punch with Tyson near a neutral corner, Tyson couldn't answer.

Fighting in Muhammad Ali's hometown before a crowd of 17,253 that seemed to cheer his every move, Tyson tried with every punch to score the kind of spectacular knockout that would make him a heavyweight contender again at 38.

But Williams wouldn't go down, and then came back with shocking suddenness to win.

Tyson was desperately trying to resurrect a career that made him more than $300 million, but the loss to a 9-1 underdog perhaps signals the end of an era in the heavyweight division.

''People forget this isn't a peak Mike Tyson. This was a Mike Tyson who was 38 years old,'' Williams said. ``I thought I could win.''

Tyson, who earned about $8 million -- most of which will go to creditors -- left the ring refusing to talk, but his manager, Shelly Finkel, said Tyson twisted his knee late in the first round.

''He couldn't get leverage,'' Finkel said. ``When the guy was leaning on him, I knew it would be a bad night.''

On the undercard, Laila Ali, daughter of the former heavyweight champion, stopped an outclassed Monica Nuñez in the ninth round of a scheduled 10-round fight.

2. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

nobody's sharing, so i stopped caring

3. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

i believe will eventually kill himself or someone...

sounds to me like he got knocked the fuck out

[​IMG]

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

5. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

This is just sad, but on a lighter note he probably bet against himself and made a lot more money...

6. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

Re: Re: Tyson...

interesting point

7. Dick Quickwood

Dick Quickwood 12oz Loyalist

i thought this was going to be about bird abuse

and i planned to call you a communist or something

8. TheoHuxtab|e

TheoHuxtab|e Banned

I watched the fight. All I can say was that it was sad to see. He actually looked good in the first 3 rounds. In the first round Tyson almost knocked Williams out. But he burned himself out by the end of the 3rd.

The problem I notice with Tyson is that he's a 2-dimensional fighter. His typical scenario in a fight would be to throw a barrage of power punches and try to knock his opponent out within the first 2 or 3 rounds. Don't get me wrong, he's very effective with this strategy, as it has been proven for most of his career. But if his opponent can withstand those first 3 rounds without getting knocked out, then Tyson has no backup plan. After Tyson has burned himself out, "anything goes", as far as the fight is concerned. And him being 38 years old as opposed to 36, 32, 27 -- doesn't help him at all. It might be time for him to hang the hat.

9. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

he won't hang up the gloves though. he filed for bankruptcy and part of the deal with his creditors was signing a deal that put him down for 5 or so more fights to pay them off.

its going to get sadder and sadder.

10. TheoHuxtab|e

TheoHuxtab|e Banned

Where's your source of this? Because after the fight his trainer said that there was a possibility that he suggest that Tyson quit. Of course all options are open, and they're kinda at a crossroads right now -- but he did say Tyson officially retiring is a possibility.

11. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

nope, that's this thread

*and Tyson is a bum, but I bet he will fight a couple more times before he quits... I iimagine a failed George Foreman comeback as well...

12. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

it was either on the Dan Patrick show on espn radio or the Jim Rome radio show. no link, sorry.

here, found one:

To pay off the rest, Tyson’s attorneys have laid out a plan in federal bankruptcy court in New York under which Tyson will fight seven times over the next three years. The plan is ambitious, if only because Tyson has fought only twice in the last three years for a total of about eight rounds.

link

13. Fabo 2

Fabo 2 Member

it's sad what's happened to him, he doesn't seem to be able to make decent decisions i.e. that hideous tattoo on his face.
    seriously though, how can he be broke?

14. deph

deph New Jack

15. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

After the 3rd round Tyson sucks!