Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Telemarketing

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by TuffGuy, Jan 3, 2005.

1. TuffGuy

TuffGuy New Jack

who here is a telemarketer? the job i got is the shit.. i basicly call you guys in the states and scam them into buying T.V guide for 30$ a month forever untill they realise whats goin on and cancel the payments on their cheqings account... since basicly my bestfriend is the manager.. today ive decided to drink a few 40's before going into the office... should be a good day.

who here is down with working whats considered the worst job on the planet?

2. omar

omar Junior Member

all call centre employees are bitches, trust me i used to be one

as for the 40s at work and the selling people shit that they dont need, i highly doubt anyone's going to buy shit from a drunk moron like yourself, regardless of whether theyre american or not.

just burn

3. TuffGuy

TuffGuy New Jack

hahah wow, your such a friendly person.

mom held you too much .. or not enough?

4. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

Your job sucks. Sorry to hear that.

5. villain

villain Veteran Member

I tried this gig once... Didn't much like it. Bugging people and all. I found that people who would bitch at me I would bitch right along with them... haha...

*edit- I think I got fired for having long conversations with people who were bitching about me calling them.... we would talk about corporatism and consumerism... haha... I got fired for being a rebel. Man, I suck.

6. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

yeah do you only make loot if people buy it?

sell drugs.

7. TuffGuy

TuffGuy New Jack

nah i get 9$ a hr but i get to steal about 2 hours for every shift witch is nice. if i sell something i get a extra dollar (wow!!)

shit is a total scam though.. witch is pretty funny, i mean i cant belive people stupid enough to fall into the lies

8. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

Yeah... Stupid. Or just old, helpless and unaware that they are falling victim to a scam. I think the fact that the best thing you can do to pay rent is fuck people out of their hard earned money is completely pathetic. It completely reveals who you are as a person. Jesus, get some fucking integrity... and a new job.

9. GnomeToys

GnomeToys Elite Member

People like you are why the world is fucked. Die soon.

10. FIST2CUFFS

FIST2CUFFS Member

fuck telemarketers..... nothing against you tuffguy but they suck. they always seem to call when i'm hung over.

11. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra Senior Member

Says it all.

12. gigan

gigan Junior Member

i was pretty close to getting a telemarketing job, but i pussied out at the last minute when i was supposed to call in for an interview. true story.

13. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

my girlfriend did telemarketing for a week. she hated lying to the people. she said she couldnt handle it anymore. she stopped going to work. they didnt even call her to get her to come back in. when she went in to pick up her check and she told them she quits they said "we know, most people don't stay here for more than acouple days, we just gave up on calling them"

oh yes.

fuck telemarketers.

14. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

Seriously, fuck telemarketers. I had gay rights telemarketers hitting me up for cash yesterday. The Human Rights Campaign thought it'd be cool to call my ass up and ask me to become a paying member. I told those fools that I'd write letters or hit up my congressmen instead and hung up on their fool asses.

15. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member