Telemarketing

TuffGuy

who here is a telemarketer? the job i got is the shit.. i basicly call you guys in the states and scam them into buying T.V guide for 30$ a month forever untill they realise whats goin on and cancel the payments on their cheqings account... since basicly my bestfriend is the manager.. today ive decided to drink a few 40's before going into the office... should be a good day.

who here is down with working whats considered the worst job on the planet?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

all call centre employees are bitches, trust me i used to be one

as for the 40s at work and the selling people shit that they dont need, i highly doubt anyone's going to buy shit from a drunk moron like yourself, regardless of whether theyre american or not.

just burn

I tried this gig once... Didn't much like it. Bugging people and all. I found that people who would bitch at me I would bitch right along with them... haha...

*edit- I think I got fired for having long conversations with people who were bitching about me calling them.... we would talk about corporatism and consumerism... haha... I got fired for being a rebel. Man, I suck.

nah i get 9$ a hr but i get to steal about 2 hours for every shift witch is nice. if i sell something i get a extra dollar (wow!!)

shit is a total scam though.. witch is pretty funny, i mean i cant belive people stupid enough to fall into the lies

Originally posted by TuffGuy@Jan 3 2005, 01:53 PM

shit is a total scam though.. witch is pretty funny, i mean i cant belive people stupid enough to fall into the lies

Yeah... Stupid. Or just old, helpless and unaware that they are falling victim to a scam. I think the fact that the best thing you can do to pay rent is fuck people out of their hard earned money is completely pathetic. It completely reveals who you are as a person. Jesus, get some fucking integrity... and a new job.

Originally posted by trackstand@Jan 3 2005, 02:09 PM

Yeah... Stupid. Or just old, helpless and unaware that they are falling victim to a scam. I think the fact that the best thing you can do to pay rent is fuck people out of their hard earned money is completely pathetic. It completely reveals who you are as a person. Jesus, get some fucking integrity... and a new job.

Says it all.

my girlfriend did telemarketing for a week. she hated lying to the people. she said she couldnt handle it anymore. she stopped going to work. they didnt even call her to get her to come back in. when she went in to pick up her check and she told them she quits they said "we know, most people don't stay here for more than acouple days, we just gave up on calling them"

oh yes.

fuck telemarketers.

Originally posted by GnomeToys@Jan 3 2005, 07:00 PM

People like you are why the world is fucked. Die soon.

Seriously, fuck telemarketers. I had gay rights telemarketers hitting me up for cash yesterday. The Human Rights Campaign thought it'd be cool to call my ass up and ask me to become a paying member. I told those fools that I'd write letters or hit up my congressmen instead and hung up on their fool asses.

not really, i mean i make about 2-5 a day.. i should make alot more than that.. but i slack the fuck off like you have no idea cause my friend is my boss. i just got back from werk now accually.. sad part is, they are still paying me to sit here at home cause i got to clock out late.

Guest willy.wonka

i used to do that shit..everybody smoked rocks and everybody was a hustler.. i bought fake rolex's off this guy and sold them in school.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars@Jan 3 2005, 08:19 PM

"we know, most people don't stay here for more than acouple days, we just gave up on calling them"

Ok I don't feel so bad about getting fired now after ONE DAY! hahaa....

I'm never, ever, ever, ever giving you my number TuffGuy. Tuff shit.

:)

why write- i dont really call that many people in a day.. as i said i slack alot so if i call 100 people in a 8 hour shift that would be working a hard day for me..

and as for repeating the lines.. its always different on who im trying to scam.. i mean half the time im making fun of trailer trash and dissing people who flip out when i call..

Telo- i really hope your joking.. damn it sucks you got taken.. i sell u.s news and world report as well as t.v guide.. most of these places charge by the month so check up on your bank accounts/creidt cards cause you could be getting fucked out of some seriouse dough.

and sadley yes, i prey on old people.. its odd that you make a sale to someone whos birthdate is after 1940